question for older atheletes and former atheletes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

flight316

I am 49 yrs old. My 11 yr old son is a basketball player. I have been training him all of his life. I've played basketball all of my life. In training him we play one on one a lot. My knees have never bothered me, not once over the years. When I play now my nees hurt for several days. Should I be concerned? Should I hang up my basketball shoes? I don't to do any real damage. Man, i

H

hattiebod

I am 49 yrs old. My 11 yr old son is a basketball player. I have been training him all of his life. I've played basketball all of my life. In training him we play one on one a lot. My knees have never bothered me, not once over the years. When I play now my nees hurt for several days. Should I be concerned? Should I hang up my basketball shoes? I don't to do any real damage. Man, i
I sit replying to you with a ruptured Achilles...left leg this time....was the right 9 months ago! Really unfortunate, especially as i was asked to play for the club ladies team 3 days before! So now out of action for a while but I shall be back! When i am back on the tennis courts and the ski slopes, i shall pay more attention to warming up well and consistently. We do have to be careful about warming up properly and clucosamine can be useful for 'older' joints :) Also, make sure you have good shoes, very important. Doing another form of Exersise that is less impact to strengthen core is useful, I swim 3 x a week ( not at the moment...cast prohibits that:) and do pilates, you are young!! Don't hang up your shoes! exersise is a wonderful part of life, just need to be more 'protective' as we get older :) Happy hoops, it's wonderful to share sport with our children, we can talk, laugh, encourage and just spend good times with them. I play tennis with my son and do Pilates with my daughter , as a family we love to ski. :) <><