Question not a suggestion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NMsmile

I'm new to Christian Chat and I was reading the rules and it said something about no solicitation. I suggested a book I've read. It that solicitation?

1still_waters

I'm new to Christian Chat and I was reading the rules and it said something about no solicitation. I suggested a book I've read. It that solicitation?
It's ok to suggest books as long as it's not some back handed attempt to sell your book and pocket some money.

W

wolfywolfs

It's ok to suggest books as long as it's not some back handed attempt to sell your book and pocket some money.

i think some1 was doing that a while ago

E

ex-Ranger

Literally, solicitation means: 'urgently asking'. It is the action or instance of soliciting;petition, proposal. In criminal law, it most commonly refers to either the act of offering goods or services, or the act of attempting to purchase goods or services,

basically if you are trying to buy/sell for personal gain weather its monetary, economical or social status
so saying "hey this is a good book u should read it" does not fall under solicitation unless you own the rights to the book and would therefore gain money through the purchase of the book (via your suggestion)

N

NMsmile

Haven't written any books lately... so I guess I'm safe!!!!

R

Reikon

It's alright to ask for someone to read your book but don't put it in a form that makes them think that HAVE to read it.