QUESTION

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

krs27

DOES GOD PUNISH YOU EVERY TIME YOU SIN????????????

O

OFM

DOES GOD PUNISH YOU EVERY TIME YOU SIN????????????
No Not At All Ever Does God,:Punish you when you sin,see 1st John 1:7-9. Rejoice in this Sacred Holy Scripture,Amen.

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
There are consequences to the sins we commit.

O

OFM

yes thier are i agree.
thier is also love-ing kindness and grace and forgiveness too do not ever 4get that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

oracle2world

God does not hold you to impossibly high standards of perfection that others around you have set. Accepting God's unconditional love without reservation is all that is expected of you.

O

OFM

God does not hold you to impossibly high standards of perfection that others around you have set. Accepting God's unconditional love without reservation is all that is expected of you.
i agree with this.

J

Jelly

God doesn't punish you when you sin. If you are a born-again Christian to begin with he will forgive you. Just ask. Claim first John 1:9. Confess you sins to him and ask his forgiveness. He will restore that relationship. You were not lost before you confessed if you are saved. You still need to confess and get right with God.
He does allow natural consequences of sin. He will still help us and be with us thorugh them.
For example, don't sleep with someone who may have AIDS and then blame God if you catch a terrible disease. However, if one were to catch a terrible disease from a mistake we have repented of and Christ has put in our past He wil help us to live with it!
Romans 8:28 still applies! "God works everything together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose." Your sin was not in His will but he can still bring good out of it!
Do not let the devil get you down when you mess up! Come back to God, repent, confess to Him. Let Him (God) love you and go one!! Do not believe the lies the devil will try to get you to believe!

O

OFM

well written well said

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
i think the right word for it is discipline, God disciplines us not punishes... and i agree with Jelly :)

O

OFM

i totally agree correction/disipine never --------------- punshiment amen.

C

Chinekwu

God doesn't punish...but I believe there are consequences for sin...
Just like a a bad wound,it'll heal but the scar will be there....The scar is as a result of the wound...
that's how i can put it :)

K

kenisyes

God created you to love you and bless you and to bless other people through you. Sin is sin because it interferes with His plan. That's why He warns us not to do it. When you sin, it just sets up a block to a blessing (I guess not being blessed would be a punishment). Of course, in Jesus, we have "righteousness" and "forgiveness". All we have to do is be sorry, and the blessings come right back.