Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Johann

Apr 12, 2022
If you really must know Strongs (his 1st work) not the newer one where they change the meanings of words and passages to fit the newer versions of Bibles. Smith dictionary, Greens Interlinear new and old. Bullingers Companion bible, Websters 3rd collegiate dict, best 1 before they changed to wokeness, several maps, E-Sword and a few others.!!
Wait! Are you saying all of the above mentioned is wrong?
J.

Jan 18, 2024
J.
If you really must know Strongs (his 1st work) not the newer one where they change the meanings of words and passages to fit the newer versions of Bibles. Smith dictionary, Greens Interlinear new and old. Bullinger's Companion bible, Websters 3rd collegiate dict, best 1 before they changed to wokeness, several maps, E-Sword and a few others.!!
I agree with you The Companion Bible AKJV 1611 with the Appendixes, The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, the Smiths & The Webster's Dictionary and some good OL Arkansas common sense, and then add a pinch of Arkie hummer and you get" Uall need to keep your traps shut in church so youns can hear my talken and we can get to dinner had have us some black-eyed peas, collard greens and cornbread.

Jan 18, 2024
All of you that thank woman should put some tape over there mouth; answer me this? What about Philips 4 daughters? they all prophesied; we are all members of the same body all men cannot be the mouth and all women cannot be the ears, we need eyes to see with, hands to work with, arms to move the hands, a backbone to hold us up, and (a Good Wife to let us know when the mouth is running to long and in the wrong direction.)

Jan 18, 2024
Thanks, we all need a little hummer. or maybe a big hammer.

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
People today think that ancient civilizations were backward, when in fact they were very far advanced in technology, architecture, mathematics, etc.
Yes they were. Name me ten female mathematicians, philosophers, inventors etc. from ancient history.

I stand by what I said, it was not considered necessary to educate females and that same attitude continues even today within certain countries and certain religious mindsets.

Is2C

Nov 10, 2023
All of you that thank woman should put some tape over there mouth; answer me this? What about Philips 4 daughters? they all prophesied; we are all members of the same body all men cannot be the mouth and all women cannot be the ears, we need eyes to see with, hands to work with, arms to move the hands, a backbone to hold us up, and (a Good Wife to let us know when the mouth is running to long and in the wrong direction.)
Ahh I love me some of good ole moms cornbread. Miss it, no one made like her.

Is2C

Nov 10, 2023
I think the case is clear about GOD calling whomsoever HE will men, or women to Teachr; Those who refuse to see don't want to see and never will. They are either truly don't see, or are blinded and if that is the case then only GOD can open their eyes. If some do it just to be contentious than you have a deeper problem. It is clear and done far I as I'm concerned!

Jan 18, 2024
Jeremiah 4:22 “For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do good they have no knowledge.”

Jan 18, 2024
I think the case is clear about GOD calling whomsoever HE will men, or women to Teachr; Those who refuse to see don't want to see and never will. They are either truly don't see, or are blinded and if that is the case then only GOD can open their eyes. If some do it just to be contentious than you have a deeper problem. It is clear and done far I as I'm concerned!
Check out my post on 2nd Petter I thank you will like it also.

Is2C

Nov 10, 2023
as to #2
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

John the half-brother of JESUS, lived with HIM, ate with HIM, traveled and camp out over camp fires with HIM, the writer of the Revelations of CHRIST and the Gospel knew very well his days were not the last days, he seen the last days events because GOD allowed him too and wrote it in Revelations of CHRIST!. He was talking of the end of this age. John was saying it is in the end of this age is when the antichrist comes who will deceive many. He was just saying it is the furthest day out when the Antichrist (Satan) will come de-facto when Michael kicks him and his minions out of heaven-end of 5th trump.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

THE Antichrist is the son of perdition; there is only 1 son of perdition (to perish=sentenced to die). Only 1 mentioned by name to die and that is Satan! He is not a flesh man and never will be and was never meant to be; he will come de-facto in person, in his created spiritual body.

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This is Satan coming as antichrist (instead of CHRIST) when CHRIST descends and stands on the top Mt of Olives splitting it into clearing the way to the East gate. His arrogance thinking he is above ELOHIM who created him. Can the pot say to the potter, it is far superior to him? Or order HIM to make him over thee?

When Satan comes the standing on the mount copying CHRIST'S every move; mount does not split and this should be very first clue to those that are watching; but he will come in the same place claiming he is the MESSIAH, because he imitates everything CHRIST does.

B5

Feb 28, 2024
****** Kenneth is correct on all accounts!! NO ONE should chatter in church! when at the time 1 stood up and read the scrolls; No Man, No woman, No child. It is disruptive and an insult to the one reading and preaching and an insult to GOD. Be the preacher being Woman or man. Throughout the WORD of GOD when no man stood up GOD chose a women who seem to have more of a back bone then men.
Exo 15:20 And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
Moses sister Miriam was prophetess.

Act 21:9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.
Phillip had 4 virgin daughters that never knew a man who were also teachers of the gospel traveling with Phillip through Caesarea in which Judah never conquered, but Phillip and his daughters did through the HS.

Jdg 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
When no man stood up to defend Israel GOD chose Deborah who led them into victory, she was a Judge and preacher.

2Ch 34:22 And Hilkiah, and they that the king had appointed, went to Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvath, the son of Hasrah, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college:) and they spake to her to that effect.
A woman way back than who was a prophetess at a college (leader), they sought her advice over all others.
Zethaniah and Jeremiah, Zedakiah all was around but they went to her to enquire of the Word.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

There is more but anyone who denies a true teacher of the doctrine of CHRIST (male or female) does not do the will of CHRIST. SONS AND DAUGHTERS; will spread the truth in these end times. men since this age began have held women back, caused many women to not stand up because of not knowing the will of GOD. GOD choosing whom so ever HE will to preach truth.

Exactly... and also remember Priscella was also a teacher.

Our "covering" is Jesus Christ. No matter male or female... If one is called by the Lord, they are to obey.

Jan 18, 2024
J.
Johanna here is some more for you to chew on. I hope you understand no one is coming down on you, we are not trying to verbally beat you down. We want you to understand the truth. I know that I can and will get a little pointed, and sarcastic but I am just trying to point out that what you have been taught is not correct. I am going to try one more time.
Jeremiah 4:22 “For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do good they have no knowledge.”

Here is a list of some of the woman that God used in the bible.

Huldah 2nd Kings She was a woman of God, God pleased her as the head person at the school of the prophets

Ester not only did she just become the Queen of Israel; she wrote a book called Ester, you may have heard of it' it is a book of the bible in the Old Testament.

Then there was Debora, God appointed her as Judge over all Israel. The commander of the armies of Israel refused to go to war if she did not go (and hide behind the lines with them) I am sorry that is your version of what a woman should do hide behind the men and not be seen or heard from. The commander WOULD NOT go to war unless SHE LED THE ARMY. Then there was Abigai who took things into her own hands when her husband refused David's men food. She took it upon herself to get a feast big enough to feed an army together and took it to David so that the army would not come and wipe them out.

Philip's 4 daughters all prophetess, that worked side by side with him. Anna was a prophetess in the TEMPLE, that is the Temple of God in the city of Jerusalem. Junia was a worker and teacher with Paul, she was thrown into prison with him for preaching the word of God. There was also Phebe, Priscilla, Mary, and many many others spoken of in the bible as well as those who were not spoken of in the bible.

What does the bible say about the body of Christ? It has many members If all the men are the eyes, ears, and mouth of the church what good are they without legs, arms, toes, a backbone, heart etc. God will use whomever or whatever He wants to get the job done. Remember he used a donkey in Numbers 22; Balaam keep beating the poor animal for not moving until the donkey turned its head and said, “can you not see that angle with the flaming sward in front of us telling us to stop.” If God can use an animal to speak: He can and will use a good Godly woman to do whatever he wants her to do. That could be preach, teach and raise a child at the same time, or He can use her to work the front office of the church, take care of the money … or any other job He sees fit to use her in.

Johann

Apr 12, 2022
Johanna here is some more for you to chew on. I hope you understand no one is coming down on you, we are not trying to verbally beat you down. We want you to understand the truth. I know that I can and will get a little pointed, and sarcastic but I am just trying to point out that what you have been taught is not correct. I am going to try one more time.

Here is a list of some of the woman that God used in the bible.

Huldah 2nd Kings She was a woman of God, God pleased her as the head person at the school of the prophets

Ester not only did she just become the Queen of Israel; she wrote a book called Ester, you may have heard of it' it is a book of the bible in the Old Testament.

Then there was Debora, God appointed her as Judge over all Israel. The commander of the armies of Israel refused to go to war if she did not go (and hide behind the lines with them) I am sorry that is your version of what a woman should do hide behind the men and not be seen or heard from. The commander WOULD NOT go to war unless SHE LED THE ARMY. Then there was Abigai who took things into her own hands when her husband refused David's men food. She took it upon herself to get a feast big enough to feed an army together and took it to David so that the army would not come and wipe them out.

Philip's 4 daughters all prophetess, that worked side by side with him. Anna was a prophetess in the TEMPLE, that is the Temple of God in the city of Jerusalem. Junia was a worker and teacher with Paul, she was thrown into prison with him for preaching the word of God. There was also Phebe, Priscilla, Mary, and many many others spoken of in the bible as well as those who were not spoken of in the bible.

What does the bible say about the body of Christ? It has many members If all the men are the eyes, ears, and mouth of the church what good are they without legs, arms, toes, a backbone, heart etc. God will use whomever or whatever He wants to get the job done. Remember he used a donkey in Numbers 22; Balaam keep beating the poor animal for not moving until the donkey turned its head and said, “can you not see that angle with the flaming sward in front of us telling us to stop.” If God can use an animal to speak: He can and will use a good Godly woman to do whatever he wants her to do. That could be preach, teach and raise a child at the same time, or He can use her to work the front office of the church, take care of the money … or any other job He sees fit to use her in.

Johann

Apr 12, 2022
Hilkiah and Shaphan and their colleagues went to the prophetess Huldah to get the word of the Lord concerning the recovery of the lost book and its dire warnings. Huldah is unknown outside this single incident. She is called the wife of Shallum, the keeper of the wardrobe. The wardrobe is thought to be a reference to the robes of the priests. Shallum was probably responsible for the care and cleaning of the robes. He is also probably the Shallum who was the uncle of Jeremiah the prophet (Jer_32:7), whose son, Hanameel, sold his field to Jeremiah during the siege of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar.
Huldah is said to have lived in Jerusalem "in the college." The Hebrew word translated "college" is mishneh, the literal meaning of which is "second place." Therefore some versions translate it "second quarter," referring to that quarter of the city of Jerusalem. However, the rabbis derive the word from shanah, meaning "to teach". Thus it was rendered "college" as indicating a school of the prophets. It is not possible to positively know what is meant.

A more pertinent question would seem to be why the king sent his messengers to a prophetess when he might have inquired of the young prophet Jeremiah. One can do no more than speculate on the answer, and most speculation is to be avoided. It may have been his youth and lack of experience, or the well-known opposition of certain Jewish religious leaders to his sermons. It is not to be doubted that the Lord spoke through this godly woman, nor should it be surprising. He has often spoken through devout and dedicated women. A few of these are Miriam, Deborah, Hannah, Mary the mother of Jesus, old Anna in the temple, Priscilla, and the daughters of Philip the evangelist.

This does not mean women should be ordained preachers of the gospel, for the Scriptures are rather clear on that subject. They have an important place of teaching, but not from the pastoral pulpit of the churches (1Co_14:34-35).

The message which the Lord gave Huldah was not optimistic. The Lord would indeed bring upon Judah and Jerusalem all the evil foretold in the book. This was not unfair, for the carelessness of Israel and their disregard for the word of God was the reason for the loss of the book. Furthermore they had not repented, and the Lord knew that most of them would not. They had presumptuously refused to obey the Lord and had instead burned incense to, and bowed themselves to, the false gods of the land. By their action they had shown their preference for the false over the true. God's wrath was provoked and would not be quenched.

There was an exception to the pessimistic answer of the Lord, and that pertained to the king personally. Because his heart was right, and he had tried to set Judah straight in service to the Lord, because he had wept and humbled himself when he heard the book read, he would escape the curses to befall the nation. The Lord would allow Josiah to live out his days in peace; the judgment would not occur until after his death. This was the message returned by the messengers from Huldah to the king. God always accepts genuine repentance (Isa_66:2; cf. also Joe_2:13; 2Co_7:10).

Many good lessons may be found in this study, as 1) One should not be satisfied without doing all possible to serve the Lord by his life; 2) youths dedicated to Christian service can accomplish very much for God; 3) wrongdoing let alone will become accepted practice; 4) women have a respected and important place in the worship services of the Lord; 5) the wrath of God is inescapable for those who refuse to repent, but is always reserved from the repentant who seek Him.

J.

Jan 18, 2024
You are right she was only mentioned twice in the bible. How many times must God mention someone before you take notice of them? Because someone greatly used of God is only spoken of twice does that mean they are not important in the work of God? Is this your way pf protecting your male ego, and you idea of what God's word says. What about the other woman I mentioned. I know ya they were used of God but they still must stay silent in church even if God gives them a word to say.

Johann

Apr 12, 2022
You are right she was only mentioned twice in the bible. How many times must God mention someone before you take notice of them? Because someone greatly used of God is only spoken of twice does that mean they are not important in the work of God? Is this your way pf protecting your male ego, and you idea of what God's word says. What about the other woman I mentioned. I know ya they were used of God but they still must stay silent in church even if God gives them a word to say.
Why biting at the bridle?
J.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i cannot start a pm conversation with @Kenneth because of his privacy settings :cry: