Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

myselfdiscovery

I've been having relationship problems with God the past 6 months, here are some of my thoughts, feel free to disprove of them because I want to be proved wrong...

First of all I feel that I'm forced to follow God and He has this emotional blackmail that if you do not follow me you will go to hell. Thus I never feel I'm loved by God. He says you do as I say, you do not turn to the dark side because I will punish you, I will take all the good things from you and your life will be miserable. I had this experience before, if I sin then such curses fell on me, so do not say I'm thinking this! It happens!! Like karma or whatever.

Secondly praying about something doesn't change things. Some say if you keep on praying it will change. I really wanted to believe that but as time passes my faith wanes. If God has decided on something that's it. Unless you're his favourite like Abraham who's the father of a great nation, whatever puny little human being like me, people say God treasures individuals but I don't feel that way. Whatever he's planned for me he has already decided, and no matter how miserable or helpless I feel, NOTHING will change, no matter how much I pray, how much I cray, how much I suffer whatever is decided will be done. Period.

I'm sick and tired of his way of communication being so subtle, you have read this from the bible, hear that from this Chrisitan... in the end I just don't believe it anymore. Anyone can make up stuff. You can take this passage from the bible and interpret it this way and that way. Who care, God doesnt speak to people directly so we never know what's right or just something imaginery.

I guess I've absorbed a lot of what others teach being brought up in a Christian family, but right now my own experiences and thoughts and feelings are contrary to those ideas. My conclusion is yes I believe in God still, and yes Jesus died for me, if I don't believe I go to hell so there's no other choice. But I feel really hurt and disappointed about following God, I've lost all hope in life, every now and again I want to die or to hurt myself... life's just lost all meaning.. Nobody's here to help me.. not even God no matter how I pray to him... help..?

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Myself mabe the lord is calling you to do something different for him, the bible says whom he loves he chastises, look at king David
Mabe you have a strong calling on your life, i pray you be restored and renewed daily in your walk and that God will reveal his plan
and purpose for you, in Jesus name amen

H

hug-a-bug

i think what damombomb said was right u need to go ur own way now i have never had ur problem but i know a little about wanting to please people but u need to look to god and want to please him not just u me too and everyone but it is hard i always wanted to please my dad and my mom i still want to and other people just stay with god listen and he will let u know what to do and also ask and u will recieve thats what god said him self god bless good luck

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I understand the struggle you are going through, I can try and explain or quote alot, but I sence you have heard and done much of this. :)
I can only point you towards Jesus, with this advise, seek Jesus not for self. but only for the sake of others.
Im sure this may not make alot of sence, but the thing is, if one wants to know Jesus, they need to get to know Him. :)
Everything Jesus did, was for us, others, not self.
No Im not saying toyou are selfish, :) I just have struggled alot, been humbled alot myself, and learned . :)
Keep always in mind, Jesus does not give as the world gives. :)

You are in my prayers for all that is the joy of faith and love trully known in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless
pickles

M

marshy

i hope your faith problems are resolved, i to am gouing through the same real doubts, without any guidence or engouregment, good luck.

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent in the love of Jesus...

A good friend gave me this verse about 20yrs ago; when I was feeling doubt.

Psalm 51:10-12
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

W

wwjd_kilden

Praying .

W

woodl

I don't want you to think that I'm judging you because I'm not. I just wanted you to know and understand how importance it is to follow Christ. If you feel that you are force to follow him then you don't really know him. Once you have a personal relationship with him then you'll know just how honer it is to serve him . You will know and understand the end of the story. To me he is everything.
It's not that your life is already planned out and there nothing you can do about it. God is an all knowing God. He knows all the decisen that you'll make in your life and how it will turn out before you are even born, but for you it is a choice and the most importance choice that you will ever make. I pray that you will find him.

B

Becky216

This brings tears to my Heart….the things that are coming out of your heart….But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man `unclean'. (Mt 15:18) So I’m hoping I can shed some light in your situation, I do not sugar coat…

First of all I feel that I'm forced to follow God and He has this emotional blackmail that if you do not follow me you will go to hell (God gave us freedom of choice….He encourages you to Choice Life or Death (Deuteronomy 30:19 ~ I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live) but at the end of the day…it’s your choice. Jesus is a Gentleman he does not force himself on anyone So even if you confess in your heart that you believe, so you don’t go to hell…your heart reveals your true feelings…and above ALL… God judges are Hearts….Anybody can tell someone they love them…and not mean it…They are just empty words….Which it seems to be the same situation with you. Your belief and confessing is just empty words... Thus I never feel I'm loved by God. (You say you been having problems with your relationship with God for 6 months now….through every disappointment, every Seed that you sowed has come back to you (Galatians 6:7-8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap) God warns you to not play with the dark side….to save you a lot of heartache…he is looking out for YOU,, but again…if you want to flirt with the darkness, then he will allow you to that. But every wrong move or judgment will come back to haunt you. So it’s not like he doesn’t warn you ahead of time, now if you don’t listen…then you can’t get mad at God for your poor judgments. ). He says you do as I say, you do not turn to the dark side because I will punish you, I will take all the good things from you and your life will be miserable. I had this experience before, if I sin then such curses fell on me, so do not say I'm thinking this! It happens!! Like karma or whatever. (You’re right…so you know the outcome for flirting with Sin and the Darkness… so why do you keep doing it? And expecting a different result? Your making it worse on yourself….Your putting yourself thru a lot of unnecessary pain for your current and future Harvest. Then get mad at God, because he is keeping firm to his Laws….Yet not once have you said, I deserve this…because I made many poor judgments in the pass…Instead your pointing your finger at God and making him out to be the bad guy…like its his fault that you are going thru all this suffering. It’s just like a Mother and child….if a child disobeys the Mother….should she not discipline her child? Does that make her the worse Mother in the world if she does? )

Secondly praying about something doesn't change things. Some say if you keep on praying it will change. I really wanted to believe that but as time passes my faith wanes. (Prayers are Powerful if you Truly Believe and it also is depends on what you are praying for, meaning what you are requesting in prayer is judge by your hearts motives…whether good or bad…Because your Heart has Harden towards God your faith level is gone, meaning your prayers are full of empty request….and God is pleased with a person that has Faith….So of course you prayers are not going to be answered…Another way to not get your prayers answer is if you have some type of unforgiveness for someone else or your heart is full of anger towards another….)

If God has decided on something that's it. Unless you're his favourite like Abraham who's the father of a great nation, whatever puny little human being like me, people say God treasures individuals but I don't feel that way. Whatever he's planned for me he has already decided, and no matter how miserable or helpless I feel, NOTHING will change, no matter how much I pray, how much I cray, how much I suffer whatever is decided will be done. Period. (God has created "US" for his Glory…not for our own….What your really saying is…I don’t like God’s plan for me….because he doesn’t know what’s best for me. Which is deceiving yourself…GOD is ALL knowing…ALL Powerful…and ALL PERFECT…. He loves all his Children the same…he is not a respecter of persons….if you really took a look at yourself and what you are saying…you are truly upset, because God will not give you…your way…)

I can't read no more...or reply back to the rest of your message....I'm so broken hearted...I can just imaging how Jesus's Heart is....I will be praying for you...If you ever want to talk...to someone who will always tell you how it is...I will be here for you...I do not sugar coat anything...I always speak in truth in Love...God Bless you....

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I've been having relationship problems with God the past 6 months, here are some of my thoughts, feel free to disprove of them because I want to be proved wrong...

First of all I feel that I'm forced to follow God and He has this emotional blackmail that if you do not follow me you will go to hell. Thus I never feel I'm loved by God. He says you do as I say, you do not turn to the dark side because I will punish you, I will take all the good things from you and your life will be miserable. I had this experience before, if I sin then such curses fell on me, so do not say I'm thinking this! It happens!! Like karma or whatever.

Secondly praying about something doesn't change things. Some say if you keep on praying it will change. I really wanted to believe that but as time passes my faith wanes. If God has decided on something that's it. Unless you're his favourite like Abraham who's the father of a great nation, whatever puny little human being like me, people say God treasures individuals but I don't feel that way. Whatever he's planned for me he has already decided, and no matter how miserable or helpless I feel, NOTHING will change, no matter how much I pray, how much I cray, how much I suffer whatever is decided will be done. Period.

I'm sick and tired of his way of communication being so subtle, you have read this from the bible, hear that from this Chrisitan... in the end I just don't believe it anymore. Anyone can make up stuff. You can take this passage from the bible and interpret it this way and that way. Who care, God doesnt speak to people directly so we never know what's right or just something imaginery.

I guess I've absorbed a lot of what others teach being brought up in a Christian family, but right now my own experiences and thoughts and feelings are contrary to those ideas. My conclusion is yes I believe in God still, and yes Jesus died for me, if I don't believe I go to hell so there's no other choice. But I feel really hurt and disappointed about following God, I've lost all hope in life, every now and again I want to die or to hurt myself... life's just lost all meaning.. Nobody's here to help me.. not even God no matter how I pray to him... help..?
How are you doing?
You continue in my prayers in Jesus.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent again...

S

sound7

You need help from the HOLY SPIRIT, no human wisdom, words of comfort will help change your situation, no counselling to confront sin, no amount of human power or might that will able to deliver you from yourself, no amount encouragement can break the chain of deception around your heart, nothing can change the word of the living God which says " you are reaping because of your sowing" the only way to deliver yourself from yourself is to to say sorry, I have sin against you and only you have I done this evil, sowed evil by speaking against others, sorry Jesus I blame no one at all, how I got myself into this mess but you alone my GOD have I sin against. PSALM 51 is your Light House to guide you back into the resting port of heaven. Only the HOLY SPIRIT can revive you back into His amazing incourt of total recall. PRAISE HIM,PRAISE HIM,PRAISE