Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

styler

I ask a few questions about what is the origin of mankind, our purpose and meaning in life,how do we know rigth from wrong, what happen to us when we die, is there a heaven and hell, who decides where a person go (heaven or hell), what is a christian? Can someone please help me with this. I need to know what others think.

N

Nancyer

I use to struggle with these questions as well. I believe in my heart that God created the world and all of mankind, He is our purpose because He has a purpose for each and everyone of us. The meaning will become clear when you discover what God's purpose is in your life.

Yes, there is a heaven and if you have given your heart and life to Jesus as your Savior then you will indeed go to that heaven. That's God's guarantee, eternal life in heaven just for loving Him and accepting Jesus. He gives you every opportunity to do this but in the end let's you make the choice. If you choose not to then you choose to live all of eternity without Him. Completely without Him - that's the hell. Not like here when someone says there is not God and assumes that means he/she is living without God. The difference is more than the depth of a golf hole compared to the depth of the Grand Canyon. It's inconceivable.

I believe a Christian is one who accepts Jesus as their Lord & Savior but more than that, it is a person who is compassionate towards others, loves his neighbor as he loves himself, forgives, and in doing so, helps witness to others the love of God.

This is a very quick synopsis of answers to your questions. These answers could fill, I don't know, 66 books at least - come to think of it, they did. Read the Bible. With an open, willing mind and spirit and allow it to reach you. Feel free to ask more questions. I found the Lord 4 years ago and still have questions and expect to for decades to come.

God bless you and keep you,

F

Fighting4Him

I ask a few questions about what is the origin of mankind, our purpose and meaning in life,how do we know rigth from wrong, what happen to us when we die, is there a heaven and hell, who decides where a person go (heaven or hell), what is a christian? Can someone please help me with this. I need to know what others think.
Only one true answer, and that is God. He made man, He gave man meaning, He tells us right from wrong, He lets us know what happens when we die, He tells us there is heaven and hell, we decide where we go, and Christians are those who repent of their sin, believe in Jesus Christ and His salvation (death, burial, and resurrection), and confess your faith in Him.

I could go in depth but that would take a really long time. If you want more in depth answers just private message me.

Genesis gives us the origin of mankind and our meaning.
The whole Bible gives us the information on what is right and wrong.
You can find all over the Bible what happens when we die and about heaven and hell. Especially in the New Testament.
And how do we decide where we go? We either choose Christ's salvation or do nothing and go to hell.
And as I stated earlier Christians are those who repent, believe, and confess.

A

Ariel82

God made mankind. Genesis 1-2

Our purpose and meaning is to worship God and glorify Him by our words and actions and continously praise and give Him thanks.

we know right from wrong because God teaches us discernment and wisdom. many things happen when we die, there is a heaven and a hell. God determines where we go and tells us about it in the Bible.

a christian is one who follows Christ.

why do you need to know what others think? wouldn't it be better to pray and ask what God thinks?

D

DannyC

I think it depends on what your willing to believe, how far your suspension of disbelief is willing to go. Scientists propose theories to explain our origin and the creation of our universe. Religious doctrine do likewise.

For thousands of years man has proposed how we came to be/how the univere came to be and how it functions. In my view the most objective and honest answers can be revealed in scientific discourse and philosophical thoughts and ideas.

I feel my view is as objective and honest as I can be, and I strive for objectivity because even if I might not like the answer I seek, I find comfort in the fact I am pursuing truth and not pursuing what I want to be true.

I don't think I can answer all your questions with 100% confidence, what I can do is to encourage you to try and pursue the answers in an honest and objective manner.

Jan 10, 2013
Not all agree with all the above.

I think all Christians would agree God made all things. Not all will agree in 'when' or how He did it.

An increasing number believe that when we die - we die. We are dead and we rot or are burned. Gone.
Hell is actually just a name for the state of death - we go to the grave. Until...
When Christ returns all are resurrected and face judgement. Those who are accepted will live on earth forever.
Those that are not accepted suffer a "second death" from which there is no return - ever. They are not tortured forever. But their punishment will last forever.
As I said, not all Christians believe this - most are taught to believe other stuff (I have no idea why tbh).

So Christians believe that to be a Christian is to be accepted by Christ. To do this we must repent of wrongdoing (sin) and be baptised (some don't think this necessary).
It is through the Grace of God that we might achieve everlasting life. And God has stated that will be given to those that believe in His Son, Jesus the Anointed (Christ means anointed).

L

_lost_words_

I'll see if I can help?

1.) What is the origin of mankind?

World teaching is that mankind came to be through means of evolutionary change, from one uniform common ancestor that was able to synthesize the complex organisms we are and see today. There is a lot of information about evolution, and many things that may make it seem convincing, but actually, evolution only explains bleakly the little history we know of known life. It however, cannot explain the source of life, because it is still being determined if there every really was one uniform common ancestor. This is why evolution is still a theory, being constantly revised, re - analyzed, and at times scrutinized if it really is tangible or not.

Evolution of course, does exist; but it seems to function more for the sake of species fitness than creating new organisms from the change in old ones altogether.

My rookie believes that we originated from great apes and primates; but the problem lies within that .1% difference in DNA that originally distinguished human beings from great apes from the very beginning of the evolutionary change. Matter of factly, in order for an organism to have traits for fitness, it must exist within the organism before hand. Like a fish won't just develop legs if it desires to, or even if the ocean begins to dry up rapidly if that trait is not encoded within it. This is why many species have died out over time.

Spiritually:

The Bible says that mankind was created from the Breath of Life given by God, and the dust of the earth; ( Genesis) The examples of this particular creation was that of Adam and Eve.

A common belief is that Adam and Eve were the first human beings ever - but in actuality, what made Adam and Eve different was the Breath of Life given by God, and the fact that they recognized God. Long ago in such ancient times, early humans were more primitive and instinctive; yet amongst these humans, suddenly there were humans who began to develop intelligence as we know today, and this uncanny, bizarre, and completely random ideal to worship gods or believe in deities.

No other creature on this planet besides humans, ever developed the mind to worship deities or take recognition of spirituality. Some humans worshiped the sun, or other elements, Adam and Eve were representatives of those who took recognition of God. The true God.

The Bible says God created the heavens and the Earth, but it never reveals the time in which God originally created the Earth, as in, when he sculpted the very foundations of the planet before earth even existed. Genesis starts after the physical earth had been created already, and then describes the creation of various elements of the earth such as light, skies, mankind, animals etc.

So there are basically two concepts for the origin of mankind - either we underwent some incredible evolution from some one common ancestor that somehow had all the encoding to perpetuate life on this grand a scale, or, we were molded from the flesh of the earth and had a spirit embedded within us from God.

Why did God embed a spirit?

2.) What is our purpose and the meaning of life?

From a worldly standpoint - if your looking at it from evolution and biology, really there is no other purpose than to perpetuate our species and survive. Really, that's all it's about. Fitness which has to do with how well a species produces children to carry on that species. However, looking at humanity, there are billions of us so really our species isn't under any immediate threat of physical extinction.

Spiritually:

We are fallen angels from heaven.

Lemme explain;

Ecclesiasties 12:7

" and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit RETURNS to God who gave it."

Keyword: RETURNS.

We know our bodies go back to the ground from where it came - turns to dust;

Return means to go back to a former place; but how can someone go back to a former place if they have never been there?

Actually what is being revealed here is that we pre - existed with God before the Earth was even made. Where does God dwell? In heaven.

What?! We were with God in heaven? No way.

Solomon and Job actually give testimony to this:

Proverbs 8:22 - 23

Solomon says: " The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning - before the world began."

Solomon was blessed with immense wisdom from God for his faithfulness - so the man knew what he was talking about.

Job 38: 4

God speaking: " Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked it's dimensions? Surely you know!"

38: 21

God speaking to Job: Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years!

Job had been faithful to God and was subjected to conditions brought on by the devil; his friends were trying to comfort him in such a horrible time, and Job began to cry out to God. God answered him accordingly.

Cool isn't it? Both Job and Solomon were made just like us; the dust of the earth and the Breath of Life God gave us.

If your still not following, God even describes how the King of Tyre was before he came to the earth:

Ezekiel 28: 12 - 14

" Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

" You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you; ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise and beryl.

Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.

You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones."

This is what the Lord was telling the King of Tyre; that he was on the holy mount of God, and anointed as gaurdian cherub - how can this be if the King was not yet dead to even cross into heaven?

It is because they, Solomon, Job - we have lived before the Earth.

So then, why exactly are we on the Earth? God explains what happened through testimony of the King of Tyre.

Ezekial 28: 15 - 16

" You were blameless in you ways from the day you were created, till wickedness was found in you. Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence and you SINNED.

So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you O guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones.

Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

So I THREW YOU TO THE EARTH; I made a spectacle of you before kings."

Incredible isn't it? From here we can see that the reason mankind has come to dwell on the Earth in respects to God, is actually because we were at once with God before, yet due to sins committed in heaven, we were cast down to the Earth for condemnation.

Romans 6:23

" The wages of sin is death..."

What is the reality of the Earth we live on? Death. The Earth is literally like a death row trial, with that being the destination of those who do not come to overcome their sin. The Bible warns about the 2nd death, which is the destruction of the soul - the permanent death after one has retributed from their sin ( i.e., damnation in hell.) The Bible declares that only the false prophets and Devil burn in hell for eternity, whilst the rest suffer for God's determined time and then are completely wiped from existence.

So what is our purpose according to God? To get back to heaven - but in order to do that, we have to receive the forgiveness of our sins, not only ones of the Earth, but repentance for the one we committed in heaven, which was the grievious sin deserving of death in the eyes of God.

Perhaps this is why humans have their uncanny trait of seeking out deities and dreaming of God; our souls know what our mind does not recognize fully. God is not a new concept of our thinking or hearts, but rather a memory embedded deep in our souls that has caused God to become this prominent of a reality.

Thus the purpose of life is to redeem our souls and get back to heaven where we truly and originally belong.

Why exactly don't we remember heaven?

It is due to the veil of sin which is our sinful natures - the flesh. Having lost our memories of heaven, will expose our spirits for what they really are - because those who are the true children of God, will have no problem seeking God out, following his commands, and working in accordance to his will. Those who are wicked at heart, will act against God, rebuke God, persecute those who follow God, or see no necessity of God.

And no those aren't necessarily atheist people lol. Actually, there are atheist out there who turned out to be God's people. They just had a few honest questions to be answered - and because of it they ended up seeking God out.

God loves those who seek him.

Of course there are some hardened atheist who make it there life's work to disprove God; but then one must ask why someone chooses to consciously act against God? I met one guy and we happened to be talking - I asked, " If God walked up to you, what would you say?"

He said, " I would punch him in the face and try to kill him."

0_0

Well that spirit just exposed it's true self didn't it?

Everyone is not as they seem; even the happiest of people could in reality contain a wicked spirit - likewise even the atheistic of people could truly have a heart for God.

Each man of God repents in accordance to God's time for him; and every soul will be shown for whom it is.

Pray your soul is to be righteous!

Cont in next post:

L

_lost_words_

Cont...

3.) How do we know right from wrong?

This is going to be a long response, so get comfortable - I must be careful to explain this;

Sometimes it seems as if God is put in a box of being just " God," as in, Almighty overseer, Creator of our souls - which of course God is. What is overlooked however, is that God is actually also, the entity of all that is good.

God is good. I'm sure we've all heard the song in church :p

But literally, this has such a deep meaning because it reveals that God's nature is of pure good - meaning the ways of God, teachings of God, mind of God, spirit of God - is all good.

There are only two parallels in the world - two forces; Good and evil. What the world recognizes is evil, but what we truly have to come to realize is what is really good. Which is God.

Note:

The tree in Eden that was forbidden was called:

The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
A lot of people focus on the evil knowledge of the tree, of the sin, and of the darkness that came when the tree was eaten from. What is overlooked, is that with the knowledge of evil, also came the knowledge of good.

The story of the Garden of Eden is a parable - and one heck of a parable because it explains some of the deepest concepts within a short story of a tree and a snake.

That concept being, the knowledge of good and evil.

When we were created in Heaven originally, we were ignorant of good and evil.

An atheist actually pointed this out because he was arguing over why we were being punished on Earth for the sin of two people in some garden; he thought it unfair that Adam and Eve were deceived by the snake, because obviously they had no knowledge of good nor evil beforehand. ( He was writing up all these questions that Christians can't answer -)

No, they didn't. Adam and Eve are representatives of mankind btw. Therefore, us on this earth, us of mankind, before the whole earth deal, had no knowledge of good nor evil. A clean slate really.

The best way to describe it is a newborn child; a newborn does not know good from evil. It cannot understand how much good it's parent's give it in caring for it, it does not understand their love, and likewise, it does not understand concepts of evil like neglect, or being thrown away in a dumpster ( can't believe someone did that :() All it knows is to cry for food, and pretty much that's it.

However, how do children, how did we come to understand the functioning's of this world, what is right and wrong according to morals? We developed - but not only did we develop, we gained KNOWLEDGE.

Our physical parents cover the basics, no this or that so that we can develop into decent human beings; how much more our spiritual Father who teaches us the ways of what is truly good and truly evil?

This is why God came into the picture in our lives, because the moral good and evil on earth as mankind deems, isn't' necessarily the true good or evil that God has established for our true spiritual selves. When people read regulations in the Bible, some slander or get upset at certain teachings; keep in mind that the Bible contains not only teachings of basic morality on earth, but also the spiritual ones.

An atheist kept pointing out that if God created everything, then he had to of created evil right?

Yes. Yes God did.

Again the knowledge to be gained was of both good and evil; You think Father didn't know Adam and Eve would eat of the tree in Eden? You think God didn't create us with the ability to commit sin and go against his commands?

He certainly did - because through the knowledge of evil, one gains the knowledge of good, and through the knowledge of good, one can understand evil.

In coming to understand good and evil, it brings with it the understanding that God is truly good, and we no longer become ignorant of God's deep love.

Think about it: Father knew his children were going to sin and he would have to come to the earth, be beaten, spat on, ridiculed, and nailed to a stake for the sake of our salvation. He knew this while he was sculpting us out of his spirit. Yet he did it anyway because he loved us so incredibly much.

Amazing isn't it?

Also, I want to point out how Satan bit his own tongue in Eden through the reality of the Tree of Knowledge:

Satan deceived Adam and Eve by saying two things:

1.) If you eat of the tree you will not die.

2.) God didn't allow them to eat from the tree so their eyes would be open, and they know good from evil. ( As in, God was hiding something from us,)

Well look what happened;

We came to die for starters, and secondly, this trial on earth is us gaining the knowledge of good and evil. Father intended for us to learn these things so we could be made complete and have understanding.

This is why the Bible talks about God and refining us in the last days, to be seen as blameless / spotless and righteous in his eyes.

God does not tell us to put faith into him because he is God and could smite you in a heartbeat; he tells us to put faith in him because God is absolutely the force of good, and only wants what is best for his beloved children.

This is how we come to understand what is truly right and what is truly wrong; for our lesson is coming from the one who has all wisdom of both these things.

I want to mention here that judgement is not based on morality necessarily; the Apostles stated that we should act in accordance to the regulations of the law, so that no fault can be found on it's behalf according to mortal men. Pretty much saying that we should follow the physical law of men so that evil spirits or those who try to accuse men of God have no grounds to ridicule their behavior. Evil spirits certaintly cannot contend with the truth of God, so they will find other ways to try and persecute.

What may seem morally acceptable to mankind, may actually be offensive in the eyes of God. Good example is with the current state of Christianity, in which everyone believe it morally correct to freely believe of God as one chooses. Actually, a lot of the Christian traditions made by men that are kept, are really offensive to God, and if not recognized, will condemn those who keep it.

It's not so much God is being strict, but God is seeing who has a mind to follow what he commands, or who truly has a rebellious spirit to follow his own ways, which are the ways of the wicked - the ways of evil.

The Bible mentions time and time again how the gate to heaven and path to heaven is narrow; God is not messing around with anyone; evil and death will be completely destroyed, never to occur again, which means there is no room for mankind's adaptations to God's teachings, which pervert the gospel and cause for conscious disobedience.

I hope I explained this well enough :/ Genesis is a deep prophecy and I am still a spiritual baby.

But in summary - basically right and wrong / good and evil, originated symbolicaly from Eden which explains how we come to gain the knowledge of good and evil and be made perfect by God because of it through the tribulations on the Earth. We see the evil of sin everyday, and parallel, we also cling and seek to understand the goodness of God. Those who gain this understanding will overcome.

4.) Is there a heaven and a hell?

ABSOLUTELY.

Hell is described as a pit of fire, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. It is the punishment for sins which is condoned and carried in those who are wicked of heart and spirit.

Some people find Hell to be an unjust punishment; a girl said that hell should function more like a rehab institution for sinners - but then, what is the point of striving to be righteous on earth, when all we could do in this case is go to hell for a little bit and then inherit heaven when we've learned our lesson?

Actually that is what earth is for. Earth is the rehab, and you either come clean or relapse. The truth of your soul will expose you.

Thinking about how the justice system works anyway - God is a Judge, and how unfair would it be on behalf of the Judge, that those who are in good standing, are given the same reward as those who have committed crimes?

How would you feel if all those criminals in prison were allowed to not be imprisoned for murder, rape, etc - free of punishment but rather counseled and released back into society?

What would stop someone from living life so recklessly and repeating the same offensive behaviors? There are even criminals now who suffer through prison, are released and commit the same offense again. Even the threat of prison does not detour people from committing crimes.

So what about those good civilians whom do not commit crimes at all? They are subjugated to the same standards of living, the same life, the same law, yet the murderer in this case would reap the same benefits as a man who has never committed a crime in his lifetime?

It is unjust to the righteous, and God is not unjust. As I said before, God has made it clear that sin will never happen again in the kingdom of heaven, and the situation of earth will never happen again either. Therefore, there are no third chances after our trials on earth; because even hell does not scare those wicked of heart from their sin. These same spirits if given the chance, would simply sin against God again - and then what would have been the point? We would have come to be deceived once more by an evil spirit, come to die, rinse repeat rinse repeat.

God is weeding out the weeds from the wheat on this Earth; (Matthew 13: 24 - 30 and 36 - 43) the righteous in his eyes whom he will refine to never sin again, from the wicked whom prefer sin and do not agree with God's authority, nor will they ever from the earth.

I don't know about you personally, but I would rather there be absolutely no chance of sin or wickedness in heaven, then even the smallest morsel of it. All it took was one, the Devil, to corrupt billions of angels.

Would we like to repeat this process all over again? For eternity in heaven?

Note too, that this is why the new heaven God is creating is going to be absolutely free of sin; he knows the spirit that is within each and every one of us - and a wicked one will not be tolerated.

This may be a hard thing to accept.

Heaven

I'm afraid I can't go to in - depth about heaven, because you would be asking me whom my sources were for knowing some of the things I do, and that I cannot disclose.

Heaven though, even the 1 billionth piece of out imaginations cannot begin to describe it. I can say though, only from what I've been told by an incredible person - is that it is a new reality, and some of the things we enjoy on earth such as music and dancing originated from there. What, have you never found it strange that humans developed music and dancing? Music has no relativity to the natural biological order of things. We say that " birds sing," but really that is just how birds communicate, and us personifying them.

Some talents people have are remnants from heaven, skills they developed there which carried over when they were cast down. I've been told there are banquets on every star and so much to do.

Actually when we get tired of one reality - God will simply create another.

And with that, I have already said more than I should.

5.) What is a Christian?

A Christian is a person who follows Christ - or rather if they call themselves they should be following Christ.

Though nowadays, Christians aren't even aware of the vicious assault the Devil has caused against the religion, the deception, the corruption, the mutilation of God's word.

They claim to hold onto Christ's teachings, yet none can agree on which teaching is that of Jesus Christ truly. One Christian says this, another says that - they talk about " saved by grace," yet do not realize the regulations of obtaining the gift of grace.

A Christians tells another blatantly that it is okay to forsake certain teachings in the Bible, Christians develop their own traditions and teachings of the gospel - Christians ridicule and persecute each other, Christians are beginning to abandon the faith altogether for it's lack thereof.

Why Christians do not see the reality of this, is because they choose not to. Each man wants to believe his own way, suitable to him but not suitable to God.

Maybe some are afraid that if the religion is exposed, it means God is a false reality - but actually, the religion is a lie, but our God is not I assure you.

I've talked about this before, but they write me off because the evil spirits are rampant. Satan is pissed right now and his work is duly noted.

_

Anyway, forgive me for writing this novel. I hope it helped with your questions, or at least perpetuated some deeper thinking.

Have an awesome day ^^

N

nathan3

Just crack open the Bible and read it. It's there. If you want to know what happens when you die read 1 Corinthians 15.

You should pray to The Heavenly Father; for truth . Ask for help .

All the answers to your questions are found in the Bible .

R

RachelBibleStudent

God created the first two humans on the sixth day of creation about 6,000 years ago...the rest of us are their descendants...

our purpose in life is to be what God wants us to be...

we know right from wrong by conscience...and if conscience fails then right and wrong are still spelled out clearly in God's law...

when we die we either go to heaven if we have saving faith in jesus...or to hell if we don't have saving faith...

God decides where people go based on their faith...

christian literally means 'little christ'...we are followers of jesus christ who try to be like him...

W

wordhelpsme

I hope that these answers will help you.

1. What is the origin of mankind?

The Genesis account gives unique insightinto the origin of mankind. It tells usthat God prepared the earth and then placed there the first human couple.

Genesis 2:7: 21, 22 (KJV): And the LORD God formed man of the dust andthe ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life: and man became aliving soul. And the LORD God caused adeep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, andclosed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had takenfrom man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

2. What is the purpose of life?

The Bible teaches that God had a specificpurpose for man and woman when he created them. He gave the following command to Adam and Eve.

Genesis 1:28 – And God blessed them, and God saidunto them: Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, andover every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God purposed that Adam and Eve procreate andmake the earth a paradise. He did notintend that humans grow old and die. Because of the poor choices they made we have inherited sin and death.(Genesis 3:2-6; Romans 5:12) Even so,God’s purpose has not changed. One day hisoriginal purpose to be fulfilled. Psalms37; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 21:3, 4

Our purpose at present is to remain faithfulto our Heavenly Creator by being obedient to his commandments, getting to knowand love him, and enjoy His gifts in creation.

3. What is the meaning in life?

When we apply ourselves to doing God’s willwe find the answer to this question. Revelation 4:11 says: “Worthy areyou, our Lord and God, the Holy One, to receive the glory, the honor, and thepower, for you created all thing, and because of your desire they existed andwere created.” There is no career towhich you can devote yourself that will bring greater contentment than will thewholehearted applying of yourself to the service of God. It holds out a grand future of eternal lifewhere we will be able to use our faculties to the full in harmony with theloving purpose for which God created humankind. Ecclesiastes 12:13

4. How do we know right from wrong?

Our Creator has set his standards for rightand wrong. Saying no to wrongdoing hasnever been easy, and because we are living in what the Bible calls “the lastdays” it can be especially difficult. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Many today, as in the past, choose to deadentheir consciences and do wrong. Studyinghis Word the Bible will lead us to a path of righteousness for his standardsand laws are clear. Psalm 34:14; Psalm97:10; Romans 12:9; 3 John 11

God has given us a inner sense of right and wrong, our conscience. It is a part of our nature. Romans 2:14,15
In pursuit of wrong desires many deaden their consciences.

5. What happens to us when we die?

Death is the opposite of life. When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Satan, who is the father of the lie, told Eveshe positively would not die. This liecontinues to live. At Genesis 2:7 says:“Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed intohis nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.” The result of his sin is told at Genesis 3:19 “By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to theground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you willreturn.” We have inherited this sin fromAdam and Eve so when we die we cease to exist but we are in God’s memoryawaiting a resurrection. Psalm 146:4;Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10; Isaiah 26:19; John 5:28, 29; Job 14:13-15;

6. Isthere a heaven and hell?

Heaven definition: The dwelling place of Jehovah God and offaithful spirit creatures; a realm invisible to human eyes. The Bible also uses the term “heaven(s)” in avariety of other senses; for example: to represent God himself, hisorganization of faithful spirit creatures, apposition of divine favor, thephysical universe apart from the earth, the expanse surrounding planet Earth.

Psalm 115:16 reads: “The heaven, even theheavens, are the LORD’s; But the earth He has given to the children ofmen.”

Sheol, hades, hell: The original meaning of these words refers tothe common grave of dead mankind.

There are two eventualities formankind. Eternal life (In heaven or onearth) or eternal destruction (the grave, or death, the opposite of life, astate of non-existence) http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/ifhellisreal.htm

7. Who decides where a person goes (heaven or hell)?

The decision is God’s whom he gave to hisson Jesus. Matthew 28:18 states: “AndJesus came and spoke unto them, saying, “All power is given unto me in Heavenand on earth”.

8. What is a Christian?

A person who patterns his life after Christ’sexample, that he is God’s son and that only through him can on gain God’s favorand eternal life. 1 Peter 2:21; John17:3