Quit being a christian 10 years ago.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Orchid

not sure if it is possbile to go back now....

Feb 27, 2007
Why wouldnt it be possible? You've heard the parable of the prodigal son... The Love of the Father extends to you as well... Gods grace in Christ Jesus is perfection that we could never achieve. Bless your heart the Lord is truly rejoicing... seriously rejoicing in the return to the Lord of one such as you. You may have left the Lord but dont think for one minute that He left you! Lotsa love to you girl!

V

vahn

my friend walked away from god for a few years and then he came back a few months ago..anythings possible through jesus!

O

Orchid

Maybe..maybe not....

L

Lifelike

Maybe..maybe not....

So what caused you to walk away 10 years ago? If youd rather not say thats cool. While ever we are on the planet we have opportunity to return to Him.

Feb 27, 2007
sometimes those who think they have to qualify for salvation have trouble reconcilling the grace of God. It truly is simple, we are qualified in Christ alone.

4life

All things are possible with God

Aug 2, 2009
not sure if it is possbile to go back now....
What ever you did is forgiven the very moment you ask forgiveness and accept Christ back into your life as your Lord and Savior.

Do you know the story of Paul the apostle? He tortured and killed many christians (see Acts 22:4) because he hated them yet God forgave him and he became the great apostle that we all love. So knowing this, you can be assured that whatever you did is not beyond God's mercy. Not only that but He loves you much more than you can possibly know. He only waits for you, knowing that He gave you freewill to choose.

A

asamanthinketh

why not the word says with God all things are possible

Whatever has happened to change yoru mindset, your belief, or the group or church you associated with can be corrected.

Talk to someone who is trustworthy and knowledgeable.

Words don't always heal you or correct what has changed or been done.

But I can relate and feel compassion.

And if you can pray for me, because I am going through a very hard time with no job, and the whole community trying to plan my death, either get married, get a boyfriend, and let us use you, or get the hell out.

So, I've been on here a little, I do care from a distance.

And with all that I have I hope that the Lord gives you what you need.

Seek and receive

Jul 8, 2010
dude i was the same way. He will always take you back. Trust me there is nothing you can do or no distance you can run where he wont chase you down and carry you back.

K

kate0558

Lets see I quit about 2 or 3 years ago. I still don't know if I want to come back. But one thing to remember is that you don't need to be hardcore. Being a christian doesn't mean you have certain rules to follow or anything like that. It simply means that you trust God. Trust him to love you and forgive you. I'm saying this because if there is something you did wrong or some reason making you not want to come back... I'm telling you believe me he doesn't care. He just wants you back. He wants a relationship with you. And no matter what you did or no matter the reason you left he doesn't care. God doesn't hold grudges.