racist against my own..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 18, 2013
From my childhood to 21 ive been abused sexually, mentally and verbally by my race from men & women and ive developed a rage against my own kind
Meaning i lost trust! Ive given a chance to just be nice not all are like that but once again ive been betrayed. I honestly dont want my son (hes 2) to be this way and i need serious help to get this issue out my heart, has
Anyone gone through this if so what have you done to release this?

A

AgeofKnowledge

Not personally no; however, a path toward healing and wholeness certainly is wide open to you.

Catalysts toward this end include a real relationship with Creator God through Jesus Christ; self-help groups like Celebrate Recovery; the emotional and spiritual support, prayer support, and godly personal friendships found in good Christian small group fellowships; and the discovery of your value and importance to God.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
TiffanyNichole! It's good to see you back online. :)

I haven't had that particular issue, but I've had my share of others. I'd suggest giving all of your hurt to God, like it says in the bible (Cast your burdens to the Lord, and He will sustain you). There are a few different ways to do this, but sometimes I imagine putting whatever's bothering me in a box and leaving the box at the foot of the cross. Or just telling God that you're giving it to Him, and ask Him to take it.

Sometimes it's not easy to let go! You might need to ask Him to help you forgive, too. But if you ask Him to take over and change your heart, He is totally faithful and He knows you can't do it by yourself.

I know the whole "let go, and let God" thing might seem a little bit cliche. But it works! He will take stuff you thought you'd be holding forever. He really does want you to cast all of your cares on Him... because He cares about you. A lot. :)

sparkles1981

Mar 25, 2013
I have been through it Tiffany Nicole... And honestly I can say that it is not easy to get past it.. There are still many aspects that have held me back, but through prayer and talking through it with someone like a pastor has helped me a lot.

Apr 18, 2013
Yea like im not rude about even if their mean to me i still respect them. Its gotten to the point why bother trying? I really need healing

A

AmberGardner

Hi TiffanyNicole, yes, I was also abused, but did not develop a deep rooted racism over it. The rage was huge and I have had to pray to God for self control.

Nothing but the Word has helped me. Staying close to God, learning His ways. Knowing His word.

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
This verse stuck with me hard when I was 15. I wanted to be better than the mighty.

Proverbs 16:32 Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
God bless you! I wish I was more helpful!! God has everything you need. The Lord our God who heals us!!

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

M

Mammachickadee

From my childhood to 21 ive been abused sexually, mentally and verbally by my race from men & women and ive developed a rage against my own kind
Meaning i lost trust! Ive given a chance to just be nice not all are like that but once again ive been betrayed. I honestly dont want my son (hes 2) to be this way and i need serious help to get this issue out my heart, has
Anyone gone through this if so what have you done to release this?
I used to go through the same thing about people in churches due to the emotional, physical, and spiritual abuse from my parents. I got so sick of hypocrisy that I turned my back on God and lived my life for myself for several years.

S

Share55

Hi TiffanyNicole

I went through all abuses for years but sexual until I was 11. Over the years I've come to know many people and since I have been on the internet since 1993 I have met many people in the cyber world through sites like this and in support groups and I know that sexual abuse spans all races, gender, social rankings etc. so racism against your own would be putting them in a special box.
Usually sexual abuse is by one of your own and usually it goes on down the line to the younger generation. When I faced my community it was about split in half. Many said 'don't ruin the family name' others said I must've asked for it.

How did I get through it, I announced to the world it was sick and totally wrong which enabled many others to take a stand against it and offenders are now a minority.
How did I get right with myself and God. God told me I had to learn to love myself because I had done no wrong. I was an innocent child. He also told me I had to forgive those who wronged me. That was a tough one because others were also wronged that I had tried to protect. Unknown to me they were still being abused but threatened to never tell me.
I told God He knew what happened and how I felt and the anger deep within me and that on my own strength I could not forgive and I needed Him to give me a heart of flesh and to forgive, not halfway but fully and He did. Once you forgive you put it away to never remember it in malice ever again but to use your experience to help others who struggle with the same.
When I went to my knees to forgive I cried and let it go and the most amazing peace came over. I still have the memories and Satan so quickly reminds me periodically but I push Him back and remember God's promise.

Be open with your son and talk with him always. I have 5 sons and I told them what happened to me. They all have families of their own and are good young men. I pray the same for you.

J

Jordache

If satan had his way Id hate all Latin men. Most of my life I was abused. The majority of those perpetrators were Mexican men. However, Mexicans are the group I feel called to serve the most.

May 3, 2013
@ TiffanyNicole You are not alone! I ddin´t plan my son Elisha. He is nice and I´m trying to love him. When I vasectomized, my ex went pregnant with someone who gave her a nice loving girl who adopted my as her "dad" (and I liked her a lot, not being her bio dad and, since my divorce certificate wasn´t ready, the "law" believes I am her father. Do you see? Elisha regrets the name I gave him and may faults as father, but Alex loves me and God (I wish I make a record on the things she says and the ways she thinks).

Abused? I was abused (many too).

You will keep on, God loves you and many.

May 3, 2013
@ Jordache

It is wrong when I generalize things... I used to think bad of Colombias and I lived 5 months with them (so I showed them my apologize when telling them I was wrong).

Hoped Venezuelans behave abroad, since many will be banished outside this communist country. He! He!

Oct 31, 2011
I didn't have sexual abuse, but I was abused emotionally. I found that I abused my daughter, not because I wanted to but because her older sister was so sick I had no time to ever cuddle her. When I got time for her, she had learned to live without me. Just from these little things, in comparison, both I and my daughter react to some things in our life in the wrong way. I managed to spot what was wrong thinking in myself, got books on what to do about it, and changed it. My daughter says all this is nonsense and has ordered me to never speak of it again.

There is only one way I know to live free. It is to put on the whole armor of God. We are human, and we can tell ourselves over and over to do that without managing it. So here is what I think you should do.

First, memorize scripture. Have this so in your mind that you can pull scripture out to help you with anything without needing to go to the book to read it.

Get up a little earlier in the morning and wash your hands ceremonially first thing. This is a sort of ceremony to help you take your entire self to Jesus for cleaning, so it isn't your hands you wash but all of you. Now sit this completely new person in Christ down in a chair and fill your self with God, and listen.

Now, everything you do will reflect God, the Holy Spirit within you will be your guide through life, not the reactions to your abuse.

Apr 18, 2013
I didn't have sexual abuse, but I was abused emotionally. I found that I abused my daughter, not because I wanted to but because her older sister was so sick I had no time to ever cuddle her. When I got time for her, she had learned to live without me. Just from these little things, in comparison, both I and my daughter react to some things in our life in the wrong way. I managed to spot what was wrong thinking in myself, got books on what to do about it, and changed it. My daughter says all this is nonsense and has ordered me to never speak of it again.

There is only one way I know to live free. It is to put on the whole armor of God. We are human, and we can tell ourselves over and over to do that without managing it. So here is what I think you should do.

First, memorize scripture. Have this so in your mind that you can pull scripture out to help you with anything without needing to go to the book to read it.

Get up a little earlier in the morning and wash your hands ceremonially first thing. This is a sort of ceremony to help you take your entire self to Jesus for cleaning, so it isn't your hands you wash but all of you. Now sit this completely new person in Christ down in a chair and fill your self with God, and listen.

Now, everything you do will reflect God, the Holy Spirit within you will be your guide through life, not the reactions to your abuse.

I notice i snap at my son sometimes never get physically but i do throw
Things against the wall or something. Then i apologize to him and cry
Cause i know its not his fault what happened.