Ramadi has fallen: Iraqi forces driven back, tribal leaders slain in the streets

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

ISIS claims to have taken Ramadi, Pentagon admits terror group 'has the advantage'

ISIS overran the beleaguered Iraqi army to take control of the key city of Ramadi, killing an estimated 500 soldiers and civilians, sending thousands of residents fleeing for their lives and grabbing up U.S.-issued arms left behind as the embattled nation's fighters fled.

The takeover followed a three-day siege that began with a wave of ISIS car bombs and which dealt a devastating blow to the Baghdad government and the U.S. forces providing logistical support. On Monday, Shia militias converged on the city, some 70 miles west of the capital, a bid retake it.

A Sunni tribal leader, Naeem al-Gauoud, said many tribal fighters died trying to defend the city and their bodies were strewn in the streets, while others had been thrown in the Euphrates River. Ramadi mayor Dalaf al-Kubaisi said that more than 250 civilians and security forces were killed over the past two days, including dozens of police and other government supporters shot dead in the streets or their homes, along with their wives, children and other family members.
Our White House's terrorist "non-strategy" continues to allow ISIS and other terror groups to gain victory with very little effort.

Dec 18, 2013
I heard of this yesterday. Not good. The US, Iraqi Nationals, and Shia did try very hard to prevent Ramadi from falling. Alas though, bullets and bombs cannot stop islam. It is a spiritual enemy, it can only be stopped spiritually.

V

Viligant_Warrior

I heard of this yesterday.
Since it didn't actually happen until today, I don't know how you "heard of this yesterday." You probably heard about the ongoing pitched battle for Ramadi, but it didn't officially fall until the wee hours of the morning our time. But whatever ...

Dec 18, 2013
Since it didn't actually happen until today, I don't know how you "heard of this yesterday." You probably heard about the ongoing pitched battle for Ramadi, but it didn't officially fall until the wee hours of the morning our time. But whatever ...
Take it up with CNN. They were announcing on TV yesterday the fall of Ramadi. Nevertheless, the Islamic State shall be allowed to prevail for a short space of time.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I heard of this yesterday. Not good. The US, Iraqi Nationals, and Shia did try very hard to prevent Ramadi from falling. Alas though, bullets and bombs cannot stop islam. It is a spiritual enemy, it can only be stopped spiritually.

Trust in the Lord and keep your powder dry.

Dec 12, 2013
Look, at the end of the day this ordeal is not going to be stopped by occasionally bombing a few (hummers) in the desert.....as a matter of fact it will not even be held in check.....unless there are a hundred thousand troops plus drooped into the equation it will continue to get out of hand......and on an even grander scale......!

Dec 18, 2013
Look, at the end of the day this ordeal is not going to be stopped by occasionally bombing a few (hummers) in the desert.....as a matter of fact it will not even be held in check.....unless there are a hundred thousand troops plus drooped into the equation it will continue to get out of hand......and on an even grander scale......!
Iran will soon be forced into this war with the Islamic State.

Dec 12, 2013
Apparently I cannot type tonight....that would be...dropped into the equation!

Dec 12, 2013
Iran will soon be forced into this war with the Islamic State.
Iranian influence is already in the fight...Fighters from Iran are already fighting and an Iranian General is flying back and forth from Iran and Iraq directing the troops.......

V

Viligant_Warrior

I think the most amazingly dumb news story I saw yesterday was on both CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News, where not one word of Ramadi's fall was spoken -- the White House having earlier given the networks their marching orders by declaring it "no big deal" and a mere setback in the war effort.

Instead, these to stellar journalistic institutions concentrated on the president's brave, unselfish (??) accomplishment yesterday which no president before him has ever managed: He opened a personal Twitter account under the moniker @POTUS.

Really, I'm not kidding. This was the earth-shattering "news" that bumped the fall of Ramadi from the CBS and NBC newscasts.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2013
I think the most amazingly dumb news story I saw yesterday was on both CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News, where not one word of Ramadi's fall was spoken -- the White House having earlier given the networks their marching orders by declaring it "no big deal" and a mere setback in the war effort.

Instead, these to stellar journalistic institutions concentrated on the president's brave, unselfish (??) accomplishment yesterday which no president before him has ever managed: He opened a personal Twitter account under the moniker @POTUS.

Really, I'm not kidding. This was the earth-shattering "news" that bumped the fall of Ramadi from the CBS and NBC newscasts.

This guy has his own head so far up his own chute that if he suddenly makes a quick left turn he will break his own neck.....I really, really do not care for this non-leader!