Rapture and Resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

djness

If I get rick rolled I'm gonna punch a camel.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
I made a video about Rapture and Resurrection. Please let me know what you think.
Here is the link.
the Resurrection and Rapture - YouTube
Excellent work dear Brother. I just finished watching also your presentation of the trumpets (6-7) and look forward to your work in 1-5.

I want to share with you the similarities I saw from Joshua as he and the children of Israel first entered the promise land. There are many similarities to end times prophesy.

Joshua 6:

4 And seven priests shall bear seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark. But the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets.

5 It shall come to pass, when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when you hear the sound of the trumpet,

24 But they burned the city and all that was in it with fire. Only the silver and gold, and the vessels of bronze and iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the Lord.
Chapter 8:

20 And when the men of Ai looked behind them, they saw, and behold, the smoke of the city ascended to heaven.

25 So it was that all who fell that day, both men and women, were twelve thousand--all the people of Ai.

28 So Joshua burned Ai and made it a heap forever, a desolation to this day.

33 Then all Israel, with their elders and officers and judges, stood on either side of the ark before the priests, the Levites

Chapter 9:

1 And it came to pass when all the kings who were on this side of the Jordan, in the hills and in the lowland and in all the coasts of the Great Sea toward Lebanon--the Hittite, the Amorite, the Canaanite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite--heard about it,

2 that they gathered together to fight with Joshua and Israel with one accord.

4 they worked craftily, and went and pretended to be ambassadors

15 So Joshua made peace with them, and made a covenant with them to let them live; and the rulers of the congregation swore to them.

22 Then Joshua called for them, and he spoke to them, saying, "Why have you deceived us, saying, 'We are very far from you,' when you dwell near us?

23 Now therefore, you are cursed,

Chapter 10:

5 Therefore the five kings of the Amorites, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon, gathered together and went up, they and all their armies, and camped before Gibeon and made war against it.

10 So the Lord routed them before Israel, killed them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, chased them along the road that goes to Beth Horon, and struck them down as far as Azekah and Makkedah.

11 And it happened, as they fled before Israel and were on the descent of Beth Horon, that the Lord cast down large hailstones from heaven on them as far as Azekah, and they died. There were more who died from the hailstones than the children of Israel killed with the sword.

12 Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: "Sun, stand still over Gibeon; And Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon."

13 So the sun stood still, And the moon stopped, Till the people had revenge Upon their enemies.

22 Then Joshua said, "Open the mouth of the cave, and bring out those five kings to me from the cave."

23 And they did so, and brought out those five kings to him from the cave: the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon.

24 So it was, when they brought out those kings to Joshua, that Joshua called for all the men of Israel, and said to the captains of the men of war who went with him, "Come near, put your feet on the necks of these kings." And they drew near and put their feet on their necks.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Thank you plainword.
I pray that God will permit me to post the trumpets 1-5, also the seals and the roadmap of revelation.

Thank you also for the reference.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Thank you plainword.
I pray that God will permit me to post the trumpets 1-5, also the seals and the roadmap of revelation.

Thank you also for the reference.
Dear Watcher,

Can you explain something to me concerning the resurrection?

As you noted on your video we have Jesus telling the righteous 3 places in John 6 that he will "raise them up at the last day." We also have Martha discussing her knowledge that (Lazarus) would be raised up at the last day in John 11:24. This was of course before Jesus brought him back to life. The confusion I have is with what Jesus says in John 12:48.

48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

Is this the same last day? If it is, then I don't understand how the wicked who are dead are judged during the Tribulation period or Day of the Lord because we know they are not judged until the Great White Throne at the end of the millennium.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Plainword,
it is like asking which last plague is it where there are seven "last plagues".
The last trumpet includes not only the Wrath of God but also the time the dead are judged and the rewarding of saints.(rev11)
The moment the righteous are resurrected (at the last day) they were given their initial reward , the same time those who are not part of the resurrection of the righteous are also initially judge. (found guilty and waiting for their sentence, its like a guilty person in prison waiting for the final verdict, whether life in prison or death)

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Plainword,
it is like asking which last plague is it where there are seven "last plagues".
The last trumpet includes not only the Wrath of God but also the time the dead are judged and the rewarding of saints.(rev11)
The moment the righteous are resurrected (at the last day) they were given their initial reward , the same time those who are not part of the resurrection of the righteous are also initially judge. (found guilty and waiting for their sentence, its like a guilty person in prison waiting for the final verdict, whether life in prison or death)
Perhaps but I'm still not satisfied. Let's compare Rev 11 to Rev 20:

Rev 11:

17 saying: "We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.

18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

Rev 20:

7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison

8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.

9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

We see in Rev 11 that the dead are judged, not raised. We see also that God's servants, the prophets and saints are rewarded. But we aren't told anybody is raised at here. We know from other scripture that the dead in Christ are risen before "those who are alive and remain" are gathered. The timing of this if you look closely isn't provided clearly.

We look at 2 Thes 2 and we see only a "gathering" we don't see any resurrection here. We don't see anyone being changed. This gathering could simply be a gathering of those righteous on earth to battle.

We look at 1 Cor 15:51-52 and we see a clear resurrection of the dead AND a changing of those alive. But we do not see a "gathering" Further, we are not told that this is a Tribulation era event or an end of the world event here. If you look back at verses 22-26 and ahead to verses 55-57 we see the last enemy defeated is death. I am not sure that 2 Thes 2 and 1 Cor 15 are describing the same events.

Let's look at the last major resurrection passage, 1 Thes 4:

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

We are not told WHEN these events occur. We are told that it is GOD who is coming and bringing those who sleep, not Jesus! We have GOD, the Lord and Jesus all mentioned here. If Lord refers to God and not Jesus, then it sure seems like this passage is describing God coming at the end of the millennial period to set up his new heaven and earth.

We then look at Rev 20:

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

It appears here that only the martyrs are resurrected during the Trib era.
Dear brother, you look at scripture the same way I do, by breaking down each passage and looking at what is clearly said and NOT using conjecture. You then use other passages to see what relates. This is why I am drawn to discussing these things with you because so many people on here have their preconceived notions and twist scripture to fit their beliefs rather than allowing the Word to teach them the truth.

We know there are dead sinners and believers now. We know there will be more of each after the millennium. We know Jesus comes during the Trib era and that God comes at the end of the world. Could it be that Paul is addressing both eras here?

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
I am not sure if you are really looking for an answer to your question or you already have an answer, but anyway i will give it a go.
Paul once said in 1cor 13 for now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face, now i know in part...
There are things that are not made known i.e (7 thunders) and accept it or not, we are all using conjecture.
You have opened up many debatable questions.
1. Who is coming God or Jesus, (there are debates on oneness and trinity)

From Matthew 16:27 KJV For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his
angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
From here the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father..

From [1Th 3:13]KJV To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
Just before the rapture passage talks about the coming of our Lord Jesus. (and many more)

2. Martyr only
The bible speaks clearly of two resurrection. And if you are not part of the first you are in trouble.
[Rev 20:6]] KJV Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (when do you think john will be resurrected, the first or the second?)
3. Rev11 vs rev 20
Rev11 as i understand it speaks of the summary from wrath (bowls) all the way to eternity.
(God reigning forever)
[Rev 11:15] KJV And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev 20 speaks of a period within.

Its about the era in which God reigns. (from its

I may have missed some. I will try to response next time.

Be bless.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Kung sa nagustuhan nyo po at kung may katotohanan ang video. Please share po.