Read Any Good Books?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BiblicalTruth

Obviously the Bible is the best book to read! But do you ever read any other Christian related books?

I have been reading this book called "Muscle and a Shovel" by Mike Shank and I just have to say that it is wonderful! It's about a guy who shares his personal story of how he was just living his life day by day and not really seeking to follow God first. Then he meets a friend at work that challenges him to really seek Christ and grow in faith and knowledge of God! It has really helped me a lot! In fact, one Baptist preacher who had been preaching for 18 years said that the book challenged him on spiritual levels he didn't know were possible!

It has over 150 reviews on amazon and has 5 stars! I strongly encourage people to check this book out if your look for a great book to motivate you in seeking Christ first in your life! :)

Aug 25, 2013
I read C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters back in the winter. I had heard great things about it, but truthfully I couldn't wait to see the end of the book. Maybe it was not meant for an atheist? Before that I read Letters from a Skeptic by Gregory Boyd. I thought Boyd Sr. too readily let his son off the hook in this one.

Currently I am reading the Game of Thrones series. I'm on volume four. I know it is not Christian, but I love them. I am glad I am on holidays right now because I find them difficult to put down.

Groovy_Dan

Aug 26, 2013
9 Oclock in the morning by Dennis Bennett (ancient book by now).

Gripping read whilst educating about Baptizim in the Holy Spirit. Lots of content - won't be able to put it down from the first scentence...leaves you hungry to find out more or further develop your closeness with God

Aug 20, 2013
I read several good books. The Harbinger, The Harbinger Companion With Study Guide, all Dr. Myles Monroe books, several of Dave Ramsey's books such as Total Money Make Over, and many more

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Silence by Shusaku Endo
Hammer of God by Bo Giertz
[h=3][/h]

P

psychomom

The Christian's Great Interest - - - William Guthrie

The Bruised Reed - - - Richard Sibbes

currently working through The Mystery of Providence - - - John Flavel.
I find this book all the more poignant when I think about Flavel's life.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I'm in the middle of reading 'according to plan -the unfolding revelation of God in the Bible'. By Graham Goldsworthy.

However, I think i'll read some fiction after this one..anyone got any recommendations (christian of course)? I have read a couple of dekker books already.