Reading Threads Backwards

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2005
Am I the only one who does this?

I suppose I like to know where the discussion was heading from the start.

Perhaps I am trying to be more analytical in editing it?

Am I thinking backwards?

Is this some form of narcosis?

T

Tintin

Yes

Am I thinking backwards?
Possibly

I believe so

That's probably the case

Yes

S

StephenH

I think I might have done it before, however I generally start from the start, that way I know the way it goes. Sometimes I'll skip to the end of the thread though if I want to respond to the original poster, but then I'll go back adn read the trhead from the start through all of the pages to what I posted.

Jul 25, 2005
Yes

Am I thinking backwards?
Possibly

I believe so

That's probably the case

Yes
Thank you for taking my reading habits into account.

J

Jullianna

Depends on how long the thread is. On super long threads I will read the beginning and the end, skipping most of the middle, especially excessively long posts or light colored posts that hurt my eyes. :) Short threads I will read in their entirety, but again skipping excessively long posts (unless written by someone I know and respect) and colors that hurt my eyes.

1still_waters

Depends on how long the thread is. On super long threads I will read the beginning and the end, skipping most of the middle, especially excessively long posts or light colored posts that hurt my eyes. :) Short threads I will read in their entirety, but again skipping excessively long posts (unless written by someone I know and respect) and colors that hurt my eyes.
HI JULLIANNA!!!!

Oh and I read posts from start to end, skipping the copy and paste wars, and the walls of long text.

T

Tintin

Yeah, I don't really read Tommy's posts either.

A

arwen83

I agree with Julianna, if the post is too long and in bright colors or arial. I will tend to read others response (particular one of people on here that I respect, and that have any insightful ideas) before reading the whole thread. I ignore posts that are full of stuff to purposely rub people the wrong way just to get attention. I'm not going to get involved in the drama.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Yeah, I occasionally read backwards for a bit in a thread.

J

Jullianna

HI JULLIANNA!!!!

Oh and I read posts from start to end, skipping the copy and paste wars, and the walls of long text.
My eyesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

J

Jullianna

I agree with Julianna, if the post is too long and in bright colors or arial. I will tend to read others response (particular one of people on here that I respect, and that have any insightful ideas) before reading the whole thread. I ignore posts that are full of stuff to purposely rub people the wrong way just to get attention. I'm not going to get involved in the drama.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jullianna

I really liked what arwen had to say, obviously. :)

There are people who treat the forums as some sort of social experiment, baiting others in ridiculously obvious ways. Well, perhaps less obvious to themselves than others. Some of them are atheists, but some are individuals who suffer from insecurities and bitterness. Rather than releasing that junk to God, they take out anger regarding the behaviors of others on total strangers. I truly wish they understood that most of the participants of these forums, particularly this one, make far better prayer partners than doormats/lab rats.

I try not to take the bait.

Attachments

Feb 10, 2008
Hmmm, I like to think I sneak in and steal the bait then swim away. Maybe I'm just delusional. :p