Really like this 40 year old man, but I am 23.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

koonky

We were friends, he went back to school to further his studies and I was still trying to get my degree (Originally wanted to study as a respiratory therapist but now computer science major). We bumped into each other in our music class, which i had to take it, while he just wanted to.

No lie, I was charmed by how he had everything together. He was healthy, rich, and very passionate in studies. I in the other hand am very sick (ends up in the hospital for a week almost every year), poor because of school and medical bills, but I love learning, also i had a job to teach little children.

He is intelligent, a brilliant man, and I wish everyone could see how brilliant his minds works. His subjects ranging from Arts to Mathematics to Physics. I was intrigued by him, love listening to him talk. Eventually we got to the point where we would study at a coffee shop, me doing my prereqs courses while he types up his long research paper; and then at his house (I know big mistake-yes we did things).

Then my illness strike again, and I was hospitalized for 2 weeks, and he would come and visit to cheer me up. I lost my hair and he was sweet enough to buy me a wig and a hat. He would cook and mobile me around whenever I needed to. I guessed I fell in love with him... too fast... I didn't know where he stood on the subject of God. (my fight with my illness and my faith with god lessen, as higher dose of medication poison other parts of my body)

He did not believe in God. I was angry at myself for not even questioning his belief. I am not a strong christian... I don't talk about it to my following classmates. I don't go to church very often.

I was reluctantly to let him go and wanted him to go to church. He was unhappy. I force myself to not contact with him, but it killed me. (Couldn't last for more than a day). It was my fault for getting myself into this mess. Perhaps I didn't pray to God that often, but I want to see him. I wanted him next to me, christian or not. (I did leave out some of the little details how he made me feel beautiful and confident; thinking it would be too long)

I am not sure what do to with him...

1.) I want to keep him in my life... but I don't even know if he feels the same way
2.) Should I let him go?
3.) Please comfort me... I am at a lost. My other close friends... have already graduated are in different countries. And the friends I have made... are christian, but they do not know my relationship with this man is like... nor are we to the level of closeness to share these things. I feel so alone

i'm... just lost... seeking prayers from strangers, so I could shield a bit of shame from myself.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We were friends, he went back to school to further his studies and I was still trying to get my degree (Originally wanted to study as a respiratory therapist but now computer science major). We bumped into each other in our music class, which i had to take it, while he just wanted to.

No lie, I was charmed by how he had everything together. He was healthy, rich, and very passionate in studies. I in the other hand am very sick (ends up in the hospital for a week almost every year), poor because of school and medical bills, but I love learning, also i had a job to teach little children.

He is intelligent, a brilliant man, and I wish everyone could see how brilliant his minds works. His subjects ranging from Arts to Mathematics to Physics. I was intrigued by him, love listening to him talk. Eventually we got to the point where we would study at a coffee shop, me doing my prereqs courses while he types up his long research paper; and then at his house (I know big mistake-yes we did things).

Then my illness strike again, and I was hospitalized for 2 weeks, and he would come and visit to cheer me up. I lost my hair and he was sweet enough to buy me a wig and a hat. He would cook and mobile me around whenever I needed to. I guessed I fell in love with him... too fast... I didn't know where he stood on the subject of God. (my fight with my illness and my faith with god lessen, as higher dose of medication poison other parts of my body)

He did not believe in God. I was angry at myself for not even questioning his belief. I am not a strong christian... I don't talk about it to my following classmates. I don't go to church very often.

I was reluctantly to let him go and wanted him to go to church. He was unhappy. I force myself to not contact with him, but it killed me. (Couldn't last for more than a day). It was my fault for getting myself into this mess. Perhaps I didn't pray to God that often, but I want to see him. I wanted him next to me, christian or not. (I did leave out some of the little details how he made me feel beautiful and confident; thinking it would be too long)

I am not sure what do to with him...

1.) I want to keep him in my life... but I don't even know if he feels the same way
2.) Should I let him go?
3.) Please comfort me... I am at a lost. My other close friends... have already graduated are in different countries. And the friends I have made... are christian, but they do not know my relationship with this man is like... nor are we to the level of closeness to share these things. I feel so alone

i'm... just lost... seeking prayers from strangers, so I could shield a bit of shame from myself.
I advise you to stay away from coffee shops. Think Tea Time. Understand your situation fully.

R

Raine

Aww sweetheart, my heart goes out to you. What a difficult situation to be in.

In Christ there is no shame so please do not allow this to hold you back from him. More than anything he wants to embrace you and wants you to allow him to heal all your wounds.

I honestly think that this situation is complex and only God knows what you should do. It might mean letting him go or maybe God wants to use you to plant seeds in his life. Spend time daily with The Lord and let him show you the answer. However, if you are serious about your relationship with God, search your heart and make sure that God is #1 in your life. When your heart is broken, shattered or crushed, go to him first to do the healing and not to this friend of yours.

U

Ugly

With all due respect to my squirrely friend Raine, i disagree. This is not complex at all. The key here is 'not a Christian'. Not only that, but atheist. You could never have a Christian marriage supported by God when the spiritual head of your household is a man you chose that doesn't believe in anything spiritual.
This is part of our walk and our faith, giving up what we want for what is right. Giving up ourselves in a desire to be obedient and to further our walks. The more we give in to our own desires the less we have of God in our lives.
It's understandable, i know what it's like to desire someone that's off limits. I've experienced it. It is heart breaking. But this is the path we chose. And we chose this path because we realize there are bigger priorities in this life than just our own wants. Often what we Think is best for us vs what God Knows is best for us is in obvious contradiction. So the question is will you go with your own will, your own desires and your own concept of right, or will you go with Gods? We can't have it both ways.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Aww sweetheart, my heart goes out to you. What a difficult situation to be in.

In Christ there is no shame so please do not allow this to hold you back from him. More than anything he wants to embrace you and wants you to allow him to heal all your wounds.

I honestly think that this situation is complex and only God knows what you should do. It might mean letting him go or maybe God wants to use you to plant seeds in his life. Spend time daily with The Lord and let him show you the answer. However, if you are serious about your relationship with God, search your heart and make sure that God is #1 in your life. When your heart is broken, shattered or crushed, go to him first to do the healing and not to this friend of yours.
I am in agreement with you. And while the actual solution to this situation may appear to be simple, the answer is only derived after a working through a complex equation. At the moment, for this women nothing seems simple and the reason for that is that it is not. I will pray to God for your degree and insight into matters of the heart. I am a guy and I am usually clueless.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
With all due respect to my squirrely friend Raine, i disagree. This is not complex at all. The key here is 'not a Christian'. Not only that, but atheist. You could never have a Christian marriage supported by God when the spiritual head of your household is a man you chose that doesn't believe in anything spiritual.
This is part of our walk and our faith, giving up what we want for what is right. Giving up ourselves in a desire to be obedient and to further our walks. The more we give in to our own desires the less we have of God in our lives.
It's understandable, i know what it's like to desire someone that's off limits. I've experienced it. It is heart breaking. But this is the path we chose. And we chose this path because we realize there are bigger priorities in this life than just our own wants. Often what we Think is best for us vs what God Knows is best for us is in obvious contradiction. So the question is will you go with your own will, your own desires and your own concept of right, or will you go with Gods? We can't have it both ways.
Perhaps we can't have it both ways as that often seems to be the case. It seems to be a tragedy that our own desires do not align with the desires of the Lord, especially in matters of the heart. It is heartbreaking, really.

R

Raine

Ugly, no offense taken. I always appreciate your insight. :)

And to further clarify, I am not telling her to follow the desires of her own heart, but as she draws near to the Lord he will show her his heart and his desires and if she continues to seek God for counsel, eventually God will change the way she sees things and the desires of her heart.

And koonky, I will tell you now that once you see God's heart and have a real love encounter with him, he will become all that you desire and seek because no one can love the Way God loves.

And the fact that you are seeking advice from other Christians tells me that the Spirit is already whispering to your heart. Hold him tightly and never let go.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ugly, no offense taken. I always appreciate your insight. :)

And to further clarify, I am not telling her to follow the desires of her own heart, but as she draws near to the Lord he will show her his heart and his desires and if she continues to seek God for counsel, eventually God will change the way she sees things and the desires of her heart.

And koonky, I will tell you now that once you see God's heart and have a real love encounter with him, he will become all that you desire and seek because no one can love the Way God loves.

And the fact that you are seeking advice from other Christians tells me that the Spirit is already whispering to your heart. Hold him tightly and never let go.
Beautiful! Are you an angel of the Lord? I believe that perhaps, you are.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Beautiful! Are you an angel of the Lord? I believe that perhaps, you are.
lol ahh, I prefer believe they are a mortal with the spirit of the Lord dwelling in their heart :D How beautiful that id

A

Anna20fAustralia

Love is love is love. Sorry? Love is love is love. Jesus said it. Love is the most important thing. Love is love. Sorry if I haven't made this clear. Love is love.