really new here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
Hello, my name is Honey and I am new here. I am a teen and therefore probably younger than most of you. I am a foster system kid. My last home was a nightmare and I just got a fast placement far away from there. One of the first things they told me when I got here was: "We are Christians and you are expected to go to church." That was fine with me because by taking me so quick, it saved me from a bad situation and I am happy to do as she asked. Somehow Christian seems to imply a safer home. I was a bit scared though because it was also a big change for me. I did not know what to expect. A big step into the unknown - one I am completely ignorant about. Maybe God is what I need to straighten out my life. I was nervous about it for a whole week knowing how embarrassing it was going to be and then when Sunday came and I went to church it was a big disappointment. I guess the other people there must have been even more embarrassed than me because not one of them talked to me. I am still just as ignorant. The thing of it is, I don't know enough to even ask a real question. So when I found this place online I figured I could maybe hang with the Christians here and still possibly learn more about God. I read many things people posted here but those things still didn't help me much. I will try to remain patient. This seems like it has got to be a real first step and hopefully in the right direction.
Hi, Honey.

I am sorry that you have had to endure so much at such a young age. If it is any encouragement to you at all, then honey seems to be a sign of a blessing in scripture.

For example, when the children of Israel were slaves in the land of Egypt, God told them that he was going to deliver them and bring them into "the promised land" which was flowing with milk and honey (Exodus 3:8).

Similarly, when the Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years, God fed them daily with bread from heaven or with "manna", and the Bible tells us that the taste of it was like wafers made with honey (Exodus 16:31).

My hope for you is that you will come to the place of receiving the fullness of God's blessings, and they are all found through a relationship with Jesus Christ. I would imagine that you have experienced a lot of rejection in the past, but God's desire is that you would be accepted into his family as one of his children, and he was willing to pay a huge price to make that a possibility. That huge price, Honey, was the death of Jesus Christ on the cross for you. Sometimes in life, due to circumstances beyond our control, we feel worthless, but, again, God was willing to pay a huge price for you, and that is a sign of your true worth in his eyes.

If I can ever help to answer any questions for you about the Christian faith, then please do not hesitate to ask. Even if the initial question is "What is Christianity even about?"

You are in my prayers.

Welcome, and God bless you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
@HoneyBee Good day, Honey! .:). I also wanted to mention to you, or perhaps rather ask you, if you ever listen to Bible teachers, either online, or perhaps radio programs? kari55.com has many teachers throughout the week, pretty much 24 hours a day, seven days a week (Saturday has some health-related infomercials, and the weekend nights have [Bible-related] foreign language content). I would really like to recommend a couple or three of these teachers to you, and they also have their own sites with lots of archived material.

The first two are Charles Stanley and Dr. John Neufeld. Charles Stanley just recently passed away, but his program carries on as do those of other teachers who no longer walk this world. Charles and John are wonderful teachers who exposit the revealed written Word of God with much warmth in a very engaging style. Charles Stanley's ministry is called In Touch (<= link), and John Neufeld's is called Back to the Bible Canada (<= link). I hope you take some time to explore those sites, and give a listen to some of their material. Perhaps kari has a radio station in your area, or you could just listen through your device, also! Some of the radio programs repeat throughout the day.

A third teacher I would recommend has a program called The Narrow Path (<= link). His program is a call-in question and answer format, and so covers a lot of different areas of interest. I cannot say that any one of these teachers is absolutely correct in everything they say, but they are all very knowledgeable, and I like the way they present Bible teachings, and think you would, too. He has years of archived material organized by topic as well, which hopefully would make it easier to find an answer to a question you might have.