Really Struggling lately and been down on myself.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
I have been struggling lately and down on myself. I sometimes feel like my cycle of horrible life is never going to end. It seems like every time I do something to try to change things for the better I fail. I can not live life the way I would like off my miserable disability income. I can not go back to work yet because my neck and back are still messed up. I still want and need to finish school but it seems like the pain I am in keeps me from doing that. I am at a loss here I just want to be happy and it seems like I am never going to get there. I am waiting on my app with the surgeon on May 11th to see what he thinks the outcome is going to be on my neck and back. I am also waiting on workmans comp to settle up with me if the decide to do so.. I am waiting on these few things and also to see about the status of the apartment. I just would like comp to settle with me so I can get my surgery done if I have to have it done if not then I can move forward with making plans to get my life going again. I feel so stuck and empty..

R

ROSSELLA

I have been struggling lately and down on myself. I sometimes feel like my cycle of horrible life is never going to end. It seems like every time I do something to try to change things for the better I fail. I can not live life the way I would like off my miserable disability income. I can not go back to work yet because my neck and back are still messed up. I still want and need to finish school but it seems like the pain I am in keeps me from doing that. I am at a loss here I just want to be happy and it seems like I am never going to get there. I am waiting on my app with the surgeon on May 11th to see what he thinks the outcome is going to be on my neck and back. I am also waiting on workmans comp to settle up with me if the decide to do so.. I am waiting on these few things and also to see about the status of the apartment. I just would like comp to settle with me so I can get my surgery done if I have to have it done if not then I can move forward with making plans to get my life going again. I feel so stuck and empty..
I'm so sorry you're going through these things! I know what it feels like to be depressed for long periods of times and it's exhausting. Do you need encouragement or just someone to listen? I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
It sounds like you are going through a valley in your life. Don't worry. It happens to all of us. One of the reasons God allows such times is so we learn to trust Him more in difficult situations. It is one of his methods of growing us.

It is also an opportunity to learn new things, like the importance of a healthy diet and exercise in the face of an unpleasant situation. A healthy diet (with nutritional supplements like multivitamins and St Johns Wort are said to be helpful) and regular exercise is the best treatment for mild depression. Laughter helps too.

Check out some laughter books from the library. Laughing is a great way to generate brain endorphins which are the feel good chemicals of the brain.

These ideas won't solve the problems you are facing, but they will help you have a healthy attitude to face them. And, perhaps God wants you to learn how to develop a healthy attitude in the midst of a difficult situation.

D

Depleted

Two ideas:
1. Check on the laws in your state to see what workmen's comp is, even if you do win it. (When hubby needed it for a broken back, we found out NJ -- the state we lived in -- never updated workmen's comp since they first wrote the law in the 1920s. You know what they pay out is for a broken back in Jersey? $5000 - before taxes! AND, if you get a lawyer, and take them to court, you might be able to get another $50 a week for 90 weeks. We were fortunate. Hubby broke his back, but he didn't become paralyzed. When they made that law they assumed a broken back was forever, and $5000 was enough to live on, until you died.) So see what your fighting for, and don't assume it's worth the fight.

2. Whenever someone is knocked out for an outpatient procedure, they're given a discharge paper on how to take care of themselves that day. It always includes, "No heavy lifting, and don't make any life changing decisions." I give this advice to you until May 11th. Possibly until May 13th. Why? Because here you are sweating out stuff that you have no ability to change or fix before knowing what you're facing. And you don't know what you're facing. You won't know until May 11th, so what have you done? Worked yourself up to a good sweat over....? Over what exactly? You don't know. Nor will you know until May 11th. Just don't do that. Nothing changes until May 11th, so why worry when you don't even know exactly what will happen? So, "no heavy lifting and don't make any life changing decisions" until the end of next week.

Be still! Be still and know he is God!

THAT is your job until the end of next week. Doable? Didn't it just get a lot easier to face 11 days of not knowing then know you're going to waste those 11 days worrying when you might not even have to worry? 11 days! Doable! The rest of your life? You have no idea what that will be anyway, so relax and be with God for 11 enjoyable days! Consider this your staycation before finding out what happens next, and enjoy it. It is May! Haven't you noticed? It's pretty outside. Enjoy it however. That's God's gift to you. Even if you can only find a dandelion where you live, it's still a pretty flower and God's gift for you to find!

Nov 14, 2016
*** ( praying)...