Rebuilding of the temple is it Biblical?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Just wondering.

Is it literal or symbolic?

Dec 19, 2009
Just wondering.

Is it literal or symbolic?
It is possible it is both literal and symbolic, but the more important lesson would be a symbolic lesson. Jesus was tearing down the old ways and creating the new way, or that would be my interpretation.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i ain't no authority on this -- and usually stay out of this kind of talk, because i know i don't understand it all, and sure could be wrong.

but i believe it should be understood as symbolic - that we as believers are the temple - and in Revelation, John "
saw no temple in the city" because the Lamb is the temple (Revelation 21:22).

& if another temple is built, it will be an abomination, because to do so is to completely reject that Christ has come and made it unnecessary. i can't say - maybe it will be built? but our Lamb was already slain, and risen -- that i know for sure, and He's making us into His own temple :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Which Temple? The next one that will welcome the antichrist or the Millennium Temple in Ezekiel 41.
The interesting thing about the Millennium Temple is that there are no instructions for a veil. hmmm.

A

Ariel82

Perhaps you could expound upon the first?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Perhaps you could expound upon the first?
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 KJV
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come , except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Daniel 9:27 KJV
[27] And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Jan 7, 2015
No future brick and mortar temple need be built on the temple mount in Jerusalem before Christ returns to fulfill prophecy. That's not to say one will not be built, but it will not be true the Temple of God. Gods Temple is in heaven, and God does not dwell in temples made by the hands of any man. Our bodies are the temple for the Spirit of God to dwell in, that is the temple the "man of sin" shall sit in the seat of God (place of authority) making himself in his own heart his own god.

Mankind is already making themselves their own gods, by proclaiming their own knowledge above the knowledge of Almighty God.

A

Ariel82

Still think Daniel 9 is referring to Jesus not Satan.

He made sacrifices stop and allowed the physical temple be destroyed. The consumption is the marriage supper that gives comfort to the desolate.

However I recognise many will not agree.

Sep 4, 2012
The temple of GOD is being built as we speak, has been under construction for the past almost 1900 years, and will be completed when the last believer of this age is saved. Any other temple is meaningless.

After these things I will turn back, and I will build again the tabernacle of David, that is fallen down, and its ruins I will build again, and will set it upright that the remnant of men may seek after the Lord, and all the nations, upon whom My name hath been called, saith the Lord, who is doing all these things. Acts 15:16-17

Mar 4, 2013
The temple of GOD is being built as we speak, has been under construction for the past almost 1900 years, and will be completed when the last believer of this age is saved. Any other temple is meaningless.
After these things I will turn back, and I will build again the tabernacle of David, that is fallen down, and its ruins I will build again, and will set it upright that the remnant of men may seek after the Lord, and all the nations, upon whom My name hath been called, saith the Lord, who is doing all these things. Acts 15:16-17
But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice; and many shouted aloud for joy: So that the people could not discern the noise of the shout of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people: for the people shouted with a loud shout, and the noise was heard afar off. Ezra 3:12-13

For thus saith the Lord of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts.The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts. Haggai 2:6-9

prove-all

May 16, 2014
“And from the time that the daily "sacrifice" shall be taken away,
and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall
be a thousand two hundred and ninety days” (Daniel 12:11).

The word “sacrifice” is in italics in the King James Version of
the Bible. That means the translators added it.

The only word that Daniel used is daily. That word is used
about 100 times in the Old Testament. And 80 percent of the
time it is translated continual or continually. It is translated
always about 5 percent of the time.

The Cambridge Bible reads, “the continual shall be taken away.”
focus needs to be on the daily, or continual—not on a word (sacrifice)
that is not even in the original Hebrew text.

The International Critical Commentary translates it this way:
“And from the time that the constant (sacrifice) is taken away and the abomination
-appalling set up there are a thousand two hundred and ninety days.”

Strong’s Concordance and Gesenius’ Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon
define the Hebrew word for daily as perpetual. Webster’s
Dictionary defines perpetual as “continuing forever, everlasting,valid for all time.”

God’s Church continues from the time of Christ’s first coming until His
Second Coming. The Work is to be taken away and God’s
people delivered to a place of safety (Revelation 12:14).

The Work, however, will continue through the time of the two witnesses
during the Great Tribulation. The daily is God’s Work.

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;
and the gates of [the grave] shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18).

The work of God’s Church is the continual.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
[h=3]Zechariah 14:2 is still unfulfilled[/h]
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken,
and the houses rifled, and the women ravished;

and half of the city shall go forth into captivity,
and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Sep 4, 2012
[h=3]Zechariah 14:2 is still unfulfilled[/h]
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken,
and the houses rifled, and the women ravished;

and half of the city shall go forth into captivity,
and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
That was either fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanes sacked Jerusalem or in 70 AD when Jerusalem was destroyed.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
That was either fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanes sacked Jerusalem or in 70 AD when Jerusalem was destroyed.
4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

no this has not happened yet

Sep 4, 2012
4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

no this has not happened yet
Click on the right link in my signature. You're in for a surprise.