recent empty nester depression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kev292929292

I don't really know what to say. I'm just overwhelmed here. Been a single dad raising two kids for about 17 years. My youngest daughter who just turned 17 and grad H.S. this year. threw away her job of a year. college tuition. Me and her 18 year old brother( who also now doesn't come home) who also threw away a army career for a girl. Back to daughter. she threw it all away for a boyfriend who has some depression issues. Has been in hospital for attempted suicide by overdose. which my daughter also attempted around the same time. This all just started 10 days ago. I am totally beside myself. I raised them to believe in God. But they know everything. cant tell them anything. I'm up for any suggestions.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
My heart and prayers are with you in Jesus.
My chilren have finally passed through this difficult age into adulthood, but getting there did not come without certain challanges. :)
When these times happened, it was frightening and made us feel helpless, as the infulence of the ones upn ones chidlren can be overwhelming, and it is easy to ask ones self what we did wrong.
All we could do was to give them in Jesus to God, trusting them to His care in prayer.
Nothing was resolved quickly, but thankfully, in time each came to see and make the right choices.
If you nag them or try to manage them, it will only cause them to prove you wrong, so trust them to God in Jesus, and love them with the wisdom God gives.
Ours are all doing wonderfully now, so there is hope.:)

Trust your chilren in Jesus to God, Ill be praying for you all.

God bless
pickles