Reconciliation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
How do you overcome negative feelings towards someone that has died? For example, unforgiveness, guilt, anger etc.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In this instance you cannot pray for te person since that person has passed over Jordan. A good pracitce is to pray for all who wrong you, bless them and keep them in prayer for salvation. YOu will be comforted by this.

May 19, 2019
How do you overcome negative feelings towards someone that has died? For example, unforgiveness, guilt, anger etc.
Easy matey, don't believe in negatives. Because believing a thing is negative will never prove itself that it is the very bad thing you're thinking.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you both for your responses. God bless.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Write an apology letter and offer it up to God in prayer. In the apology letter, you would not focus on the wrongdoings of the other person, but only on the things you did that may have harmed the other person in any way.

Blessings to you and yours.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
Write an apology letter and offer it up to God in prayer. In the apology letter, you would not focus on the wrongdoings of the other person, but only on the things you did that may have harmed the other person in any way.

Blessings to you and yours.
Thank you for this. I didn't do anything to them, i was a child and they hurt me. Lately feelings i thought i had dealt with have been surfacing as i face different circumstances. Please pray for me.
Blessings.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you for this. I didn't do anything to them, i was a child and they hurt me. Lately feelings i thought i had dealt with have been surfacing as i face different circumstances. Please pray for me.
Blessings.
That is a different situation, then, and I am sorry to hear it, and will pray for you. It is sometimes a hard pill to swallow knowing that the actions of others toward us when we were very young and quite vulnerable shaped our lives in ways we were not fully aware of until much more damage was done through our own acting out in running from the pain. Perhaps what is required at this point is to write a letter to yourself, where you can more fully explore how the effects of this other person's actions played into any dysfunctions you feel you acquired as a result. It seems you may have done quite a bit of this already, and what is hurting you now is your resentments. The problem with resentments we have is that they only hurt our self, and this is what is needs to be healed now. Sharing this letter with a spiritual advisor such as your pastor (if you have one), would be a good idea, so that they could help you move past the negative feelings, and find forgiveness for yourself and the other person.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
That is a different situation, then, and I am sorry to hear it, and will pray for you. It is sometimes a hard pill to swallow knowing that the actions of others toward us when we were very young and quite vulnerable shaped our lives in ways we were not fully aware of until much more damage was done through our own acting out in running from the pain. Perhaps what is required at this point is to write a letter to yourself, where you can more fully explore how the effects of this other person's actions played into any dysfunctions you feel you acquired as a result. It seems you may have done quite a bit of this already, and what is hurting you now is your resentments. The problem with resentments we have is that they only hurt our self, and this is what is needs to be healed now. Sharing this letter with a spiritual advisor such as your pastor (if you have one), would be a good idea, so that they could help you move past the negative feelings, and find forgiveness for yourself and the other person.
Thank you. I will give it a go.
God bless you.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thank you. I will give it a go.
God bless you.
Do not fear them for they most likely had the same occur to them. Pray for them for there is no unforgiveable sin other than the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It is a tough road, but Jesus knows it as well as do we. God bless you now and always.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
Do not fear them for they most likely had the same occur to them. Pray for them for there is no unforgiveable sin other than the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It is a tough road, but Jesus knows it as well as do we. God bless you now and always.
God bless you too.