recovering from breakup

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2011
I was in a relationship for 2 years and now everything has collapsed i feel like my whole world is gone and am i contstant depression please help

D

dordor

It is not an easy moment right now but all will be well ,you will look back the memory lane someday and find out that the pain is no more there.It is alright to cry,pray as much as you can, tell Jesus how you feel ask him to heal your broken heart.Go out with friends ,pamper yourselves,go shopping and don`t forget fellowship with brethrens especially a shoulder to cry on and someone that is there to listen to you.

Jan 8, 2013
Making it through a breakup is hard. I guess, all of you are aware of it. Occasionally, the feelings of rage, confusion and frustration can lead the dumped into improper habits of excessive comfort spending. To be able to treat yourself well during the aftermath of a broken connection and still maintain your budget, here are some tips for the best way to survive a breakup without having to spend too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pastel1

I'm sorry about your loss. I can say that i have been there. These are some things God has revealed to me. The spirit of anger no matter what the situation is kills, robs and destroys. I'll give you an example when my ex-husband and I were together. God set it up where God was going to bless him with all the equipment he needed to sing with. But because we both argued and was angry we didnt go to church that day and missed out on God's blessing for us.

Another example is did you ever desire a particular part, thing, job, or person. God gave it but because of anger you were angry enough to turn away that blessing and not desire what God already gave you. ANd anger justified it. Saying this is not what i thought i wanted.

That's what the spirit of anger does.

God also showed me anger can turn on a person. That's why people have suicidal thoughts sometimes.

Also, God showed me the spirit of covetousness concerning relationships. God told me it's the reason for so many divorces today.
Covetousness like the bible says is basically idolatry.

Colossians 3:5
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Some people covet a way out of their marraige.
1 Corinthians 7:27
Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

Today women cannot go out without the right shoes, the right clothes, can't forget their make up. Men being vain can't stop coveting another's relationship, or life. And God showed me some people don't even realize they are coveting because like most americans like us we are born into it.
Everyone has to have the better home, car, and be likable by others who covet.

When a woman gets upset other women say you deserve better, someone to treat you with respect. Or who has money.
Coveting a better life.

Sometimes we covet our own ways. That if we do not get our way we dont want the relationship anymore.
It's our wants that cause strife, confusion and misdirection.

I am a woman too. This is what God revealed to me about the spirit of covetousness does.
Because the word of God says take no thought for your life and why take thought for the REST.

Luke 12:22-26
22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

I pray the God of peace and understanding indwell you and keep you whole in him In Jesus name amen..

Last edited:
A

arwen83

I agree with Alicia, be good to yourself- its a time of self-care and figuring out 'what now', but I think its a time of mourning of what has been lost. And it is good to get all those emotions out. Journaling will be helpful. If you're feeling depressed/ angry/ resentment/ hurt, allow the emotion to come like a wave, knowing it will pass. Because it will. I think a part of self-care will be surrounding yourself with community, even if sometimes you really want to be on your own. This may take some time but, if you are in to sports, join a league. Join a gym. Or a church group/ bible study at your church. Being alone, and getting stuck in your feelings won't help you in the long run. There will be a point when you've mourned enough, that you've felt enough emotions that you will get up on your own two feet, stand up straight, feel the strength within you and say 'OK, i'm done, its time to move on with my life'.

A

arwen83

Oh I see this is from March of last year. Hmm.

Sep 13, 2012
Making it through a breakup is hard. I guess, all of you are aware of it. Occasionally, the feelings of rage, confusion and frustration can lead the dumped into improper habits of excessive comfort spending. To be able to treat yourself well during the aftermath of a broken connection and still maintain your budget, here are some tips for the best way to survive a breakup without having to spend too much. Why now don't look at this site?
this spammer already reported, they responded in one of my other threads

Sep 13, 2012
I agree with Alicia, be good to yourself- its a time of self-care and figuring out 'what now', but I think its a time of mourning of what has been lost. And it is good to get all those emotions out. Journaling will be helpful. If you're feeling depressed/ angry/ resentment/ hurt, allow the emotion to come like a wave, knowing it will pass. Because it will. I think a part of self-care will be surrounding yourself with community, even if sometimes you really want to be on your own. This may take some time but, if you are in to sports, join a league. Join a gym. Or a church group/ bible study at your church. Being alone, and getting stuck in your feelings won't help you in the long run. There will be a point when you've mourned enough, that you've felt enough emotions that you will get up on your own two feet, stand up straight, feel the strength within you and say 'OK, i'm done, its time to move on with my life'.
um alecia is a spammer, thats why the website link

I

ilovelucyfan12

About 3 years ago, I was dating a young man who I met in college. He was my everything; my whole world. I thought I was going to marry him. Then about a year and a half after we started dating, God put in on my heart to break up with him. It was very rough for me at first. But a month later after I ended our relationship, I found out he was seeing another girl--6 months before our break-up. I was heartbroken. But I realized that God was protecting me from marrying someone who may one day cheat on me. I am not saying that all guys are like that. But I am saying that God does these things at times to protect us from what we think is best (which, in reality, it could mean the worst).
I always loved this quote....Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.