Reiki

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

blueorchidjd

So I have this old friend that fell away and is dabbling in this crazy weird stuff that I know nothing about.
I honestly feel that she is a false prophet and I don't know if I should talk to her about this being really bad news or not.
Today I discovered that she wants to start up her own reiki business and there was this blog post that she posted about reiki that made me feel kind of uneasy. It was talking about using Buddhism and healing powers, with Jesus mixed in there somewhere?
What in the world do I do, should I even bother?

Thank you, lol.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
reiki is a deception.
practitioners may have every 'good' intention, but it's based in using an individual's own "spiritual energy" to affect the spiritual well-being of others, mainly through visualization and focused meditation or via talismanic 'prayer' or ritual (i.e. believing there is power in a crystal for example, and through ritual and meditation using that crystal to affect someone's 'aura')

but there is no spiritual power in stones or in people that's not imparted by some spirit. reiki 'healers' are deceived, thinking their own 'power' is able to move spirits, but in reality they are being used and deceived by spiritual powers. reiki is a doorway into much darker spiritual slavery, and it's no great leap from 'visualizing blessings' and 'sending positive energy' to casting hexes or channeling spirits (that is, giving yourself to be possessed by demons)

without a knowledge of the true God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, it's an attractive, all-inclusive pseudo-religion. for a lot of people it's a first-step into the miasma of new-age spiritualism, because it is a very hazily defined (if defined at all) acknowledgement of a world beyond the corporeal, offering power without any judgement or law, where all men are 'gods' to themselves.

i grew up with a lot of witches and warlocks and people involved in this sort of thing. for the most part - actually just about entirely, with the exception of outright satanists (who weirdly have a better understanding of the spiritual world), i think they are people who understand that there is a world and real powers beyond the physical one we all know, but they have no true knowledge, and are led into confusion by many evil spirits.

consider it paganism. at the core, reiki is about power coming from within a person -- but we know that true power comes from God, and that Satan has power in the earth. reiki 'healing' is similar to our prayer, but invests power in humans, not in God, or at its worst, in demons. i'd pray that your friend is made aware of where true power lies - i will pray too! and i'd personally not take part in any ceremonies. if they worship at all, they worship themselves, or worship a spirit they don't know - and i can assure you it isn't the Lord.

it is a plus though, that people who are involved in this kinda thing are aware of the spiritual world. a lot of people are more blind than that :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
So I have this old friend that fell away and is dabbling in this crazy weird stuff that I know nothing about.
I honestly feel that she is a false prophet and I don't know if I should talk to her about this being really bad news or not.
Today I discovered that she wants to start up her own reiki business and there was this blog post that she posted about reiki that made me feel kind of uneasy. It was talking about using Buddhism and healing powers, with Jesus mixed in there somewhere?

Thank you, lol.
I'm not entirely sure what Reiki is, but I believe it's a Japanese form of healing through touch and laying on of hands? Jesus gave us alot of power to work miracles in his name. Such as healing by the laying on of hands, which I've had the church elders do to me before, and it DID work, because they did it in Jesus' name. :) As long as your friend does the Reiki healing in Jesus' name, I dont see anything wrong with it.

B

blueorchidjd

Thank you guys for your insight :)
I think I may take her out to lunch one day when I end up getting a job and tell her about what JESUS does on his own terms. Maybe she truly is deceived, maybe she's not. Might as well give her the real gospel message here.

Jan 24, 2012

Thank you, lol.
As someone whose been semi-caught up in all of that stuff before, my advice is to stay away from it. Reiki, Chakra meditation, Kundalini meditation, transcending meditation, astral projection, all of those things are black magic. The new age movement attempts to draw Christians into believing that during the unmentioned years of Jesus in the Bible (in between the time He was a child and Him as a grown man coming into ministry), Jesus went to India and learned things like Reiki and meditation under Buddhist monks and/or Gurus.

Satanists are all about Reiki and Chakra practices as well (not just New Agers) if that tells you anything.

It's spiritism.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
MY THOUGHTS ONLY............(just saying......) I would not get into this........... Jesus didn't "heal the sick and make whole the lame as a business....nor did the Apostles)

FYI CONCERNING REIKI:

(found here)

Reiki (霊気 ?) is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions.

Reiki (霊気[SUP]?[/SUP], /ˈrk/) is a spiritual practice[SUP][1][/SUP] developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions. It uses a technique commonly called palm healing or hands-on-healing as a form of alternative medicine and is sometimes classified as oriental medicine by some professional medical bodies.[SUP][2][/SUP] Through the use of this technique, practitioners believe that they are transferring universal energy (i.e., reiki) in the form of qi (Japanese: ki) through the palms, which they believe allows for self-healing and a state of equilibrium.[SUP][3][/SUP]

T

Tintin

Is it sort of like that Christ-Consciousness bollocks?

B

blueorchidjd

I don't know if I should warn her or not.........eek!

R

Raine

I don't know... Reading everyone's post is making me uneasy.

I am actually certified to perform Reiki on others... Though I do not use stones etc... And from my understanding, we actually do not use our own energy to help others energy , but act as a channel for a higher being (in my case I seek God) to use us in providing some form of energy balance.

Im sorry, but I find nothing wrong with Reiki if you do it with the right heart and intentions. God has shown me many beautiful experiences through Reiki when I use to volunteer at the cancer center. I am not actively giving Reiki treatments at this time but that is because I am too busy with work.

Patients have literally, felt the love of God and the touch of God through my Reiki treatments. However, I do not give the credit to Reiki or myself... I give it to God for giving my the beautiful opportunity to be a channel for his love.

Just two quick stories... And I hope no one will bash me for being a Reiki therapist but... Here it goes...

Before I start any treatment I ask for God's will to be done and I focus my heart on him... I gave a treatment to a cancer patient once and after she told me, "that's the first time in a long time that I felt like someone really cared about me." It almost brought me to tears because I knew that God had placed his loving touch so gently, yet full of warmth, on her. Another time, after completing a treatment, I shared with the patient what I felt... I told her that I could feel this negative presence or energy being pulled out of her stomach, and placed my hands to show her the location... Immediately she became emotional and told me that was where the cancer was. Another beautiful revelation from God. Through these experiences God does not promise healing but he acknowledges their suffering and tells them that he knows... That he is present... And it is a great and beautiful comfort.

I do not determine the outcome of these experiences but he does...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Sister, this is the ONLY way I would ever consider approaching this issue:

John 5:14) But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.
13 .) Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 .) Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 .) And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 .) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
Learning to pray for someone can and should be done when someone is ill
I have also learnt Reiki although I never use it.
I found it to be useless, I studied chakra etc etc but it has no power over prayer.

Dec 18, 2013
From my research there seems to be a strong connection to demonic activity and Reiki, as there is somehow that connection in all the New Ager stuff (whether they are just deluded or really possessed by demons is another topic entirely). I would suggest warning your friend.

It is worth a try at least, I hope for the love of your friend that she will listen to you.

B

blueorchidjd

Yeah I am definitely wary about talking to her about this because we have always sort of been at odds with one another but we never talked about it.

Our philosophies, belief on God, how things work. (And I have maybe been a bit insensitive at times). But there are things that are making me begin to really believe maybe she is a false teacher (and that she may intentionally be restricting her walk with God), maybe I am naïve to that. I have always had trouble drawing the line where people may be sincerely deceived. Like I really can't read her, it's really hard. Her mom and her mom's friend are both into spiritualism I think, and they smoke marijuana to cope with their anxiety and depression. But they have always been very kind people, no doubt about that. But the lifestyles that they support it confuses me, they are very into gay rights, their God father is a gay man and they like to go to bars, but they live like right next to a Methodist church, kind of in a country town...they know everyone and they are really kind to their neighbors. Actively helping people. But the theology that my friend holds, she believes in a lot of Buddha and eastern religions and still claims the name of Christ, but also supports these lifestyles. It just kind of reminds me of false teaching but I can't read it, it's difficult.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't know... Reading everyone's post is making me uneasy.

I am actually certified to perform Reiki on others... Though I do not use stones etc... And from my understanding, we actually do not use our own energy to help others energy , but act as a channel for a higher being (in my case I seek God) to use us in providing some form of energy balance.

Im sorry, but I find nothing wrong with Reiki if you do it with the right heart and intentions. God has shown me many beautiful experiences through Reiki when I use to volunteer at the cancer center. I am not actively giving Reiki treatments at this time but that is because I am too busy with work.

Patients have literally, felt the love of God and the touch of God through my Reiki treatments. However, I do not give the credit to Reiki or myself... I give it to God for giving my the beautiful opportunity to be a channel for his love.

Just two quick stories... And I hope no one will bash me for being a Reiki therapist but... Here it goes...

Before I start any treatment I ask for God's will to be done and I focus my heart on him... I gave a treatment to a cancer patient once and after she told me, "that's the first time in a long time that I felt like someone really cared about me." It almost brought me to tears because I knew that God had placed his loving touch so gently, yet full of warmth, on her. Another time, after completing a treatment, I shared with the patient what I felt... I told her that I could feel this negative presence or energy being pulled out of her stomach, and placed my hands to show her the location... Immediately she became emotional and told me that was where the cancer was. Another beautiful revelation from God. Through these experiences God does not promise healing but he acknowledges their suffering and tells them that he knows... That he is present... And it is a great and beautiful comfort.

I do not determine the outcome of these experiences but he does...
Perhaps you could touch my neck one day. This post was fascinating.

B

blueorchidjd

Yeah I think she knows what she's doing, I'm not going to go that route.

R

Raine

Blue Orchid, I just want to clarify that I am a Reiki practitioner but definitely do not follow Buddha etc. God is the one and only for me.