Rejected God's Word For Man's Authority

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 23, 2015
The Word is my nourishment, strength, power, anointing authority, and the root of my foundation. Why are people following man's authority instead of God's Word. The pastor is a vessel of God to deposit teachings of Word into the people that pastor does not has final authority. Why such distaste for God's Word when it is used for purpose of teaching, instructions, commandments, statues, laws, prophet writings and living water power. People have taken the Word of God to debate about the Old & New Covenants when there is only one covenant which is obedience of the Word. Where did this confusion come from over the Word of God? What will believers say to God about being disobedient to God's Word because he or she was following man's authority? The Word of God is not just speaking of the those in the past, but also the present believers who says they are the House of Israel by birth or adopted! Lets learn from our fore fathers and mothers mistakes, disobedience and corrections from God. I am speaking to myself also! Since the beginning man has been rejecting the Word of God because God has sent many prophets and even rejected Jesus(WORD)! Who will you follow God or man authority because the choice is yours?

Psalm 81

8 I said, ‘Listen, my people!
I will warn you!
O Israel, if only you would obey me!
9 There must be no other god among you.
You must not worship a foreign god.
10 I am the Lord, your God,
the one who brought you out of the land of Egypt.
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it!’
11 But my people did not obey me;
Israel did not submit to me.
12 I gave them over to their stubborn desires;
they did what seemed right to them.
13 If only my people would obey me!

Psalm 50

A psalm by Asaph

16 God says this to the evildoer:
“How can you declare my commands,
and talk about my covenant?
17 For you hate instruction
and reject my words.
18 When you see a thief, you join him;
you associate with men who are unfaithful to their wives.
19 You do damage with words,
and use your tongue to deceive.
20 You plot against your brother;
you slander your own brother.
21 When you did these things, I was silent,
so you thought I was exactly like you.
But now I will condemn you
and state my case against you!
22 Carefully consider this, you who reject God!
Otherwise I will rip you to shreds
and no one will be able to rescue you.

1 Thessalonians 4

7 For God did not call us to impurity but in holiness.8 Consequently the one who rejects this is not rejecting human authority but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

Acts 7

35 This same Moses they had rejected, saying, ‘Who made you a ruler and judge?’ God sent as both ruler and deliverer through the hand of the angel who appeared to him in the bush.

Matthew 16

21 From that time on Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and experts in the law, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.

Mark 8

31 Then Jesus began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests, and experts in the law, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

Jul 23, 2015
God bless us always

my brethren :happy: my fellows :whistles:
my brothers and my sisters
Deuteronomy: 29. 24. And all the nations shall say: Why hath the Lord done thus to this land? what meaneth this exceeding great heat of his wrath?
25. And they shall answer: Because they forsook the covenant of the Lord, which he made with their fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt:
26. And they have served strange gods, and adored them, whom they knew not, and for whom they had not been assigned:
27. Therefore the wrath of the Lord was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this volume :
28. And he hath cast them out of their land, in anger and in wrath, and in very great indignation, and hath thrown them into a strange land, as it is seen this day.
29. Secret things to the Lord our God: things that are manifest, to us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

* remember that there are law given
strickly unto the Hebrews only
And there are law given unto gentiles as well :happy:

:scarf: thank you very much :blush:

Last edited:
F

FreeNChrist

The Word is my nourishment, strength, power, anointing authority, and the root of my foundation. Why are people following man's authority instead of God's Word. The pastor is a vessel of God to deposit teachings of Word into the people that pastor does not has final authority. Why such distaste for God's Word when it is used for purpose of teaching, instructions, commandments, statues, laws, prophet writings and living water power. People have taken the Word of God to debate about the Old & New Covenants when there is only one covenant which is obedience of the Word. Where did this confusion come from over the Word of God? What will believers say to God about being disobedient to God's Word because he or she was following man's authority? The Word of God is not just speaking of the those in the past, but also the present believers who says they are the House of Israel by birth or adopted! Lets learn from our fore fathers and mothers mistakes, disobedience and corrections from God. I am speaking to myself also! Since the beginning man has been rejecting the Word of God because God has sent many prophets and even rejected Jesus(WORD)! Who will you follow God or man authority because the choice is yours?

That's ALL debatable.