Relationship and Religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HisHumbleServant

Hello everyone. My boyfriend and I have been together for 3yrs. He is catholic and im Baptist and when I first met him he would got to church with his family alot and sometimes alone. And then we moved together and he would go to another to a church closer to our home and I continued to go fo mine and occasionally we would accompany each other. That fact that he goes to church often and grew up in church was something that had drawn me closer to him, I felt like he would someday make a great husband and father because of it. But in the last 6 months he hasn't been going to church and he always says "God knows my heart". We had a big falling out about it about a month ago and he promised he would go back to church because he wasn't raised that way and because I felt so strongly about it. But he only went once since then and I had to bribe him. So this morning I made a big deal about it and when I left for church he texted me and told me he was getting dressed. When i came home he made up these lies about the service and everything dealing with church and i almost believed he went, but then I did some investigating and I figured out he didn't go! So finally he admitted it and said im forcing him,and that not going to church doesn't make him a bad person, and evey other excuse in the book. I him that I can't be with a man who sits home on Sundays, and cant give God 2 hrs of their time once a week minimum, and that God has blessed us too much to not worship him and that I also dont wanna raise kids in the future seeing mommy go to church and daddy sitting home on sundays! I pretty much gave him an ultimatum and told him if he dosent go to church he will lose me. And his response was walking away and going to bed. Overall he is a really good man, but I just can't be with a man who doesn't go to Church. I don't know what else to say and what else to do, I really need prayers and suggestions! Please and thanks.

C

cubfan716

2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

In response to your situation I would say to evaluate his spiritual foundation. What does he value? Where is relationship with Christ? You need to focus on what he is focusing on because you do not want to end up with someone who does not value his relationship with the Lord. In terms of church attendance it is very important but not the end all say all. Going to church fortifies believers. The relationship one has with the Lord publicly and more importantly privately is very crucial to focus on. His spiritual foundation is what you need to focus on. I will pray for the Lord to give you wisdom in this situation.

H

HisHumbleServant

thank you for your insight, I needed to hear what you had to say, and it gave me some homework. And thank you for your prayers.

May 3, 2013
Respectfully, I say, as stupid I am:

Better he loses YOU!

1) He could be to any church you could ask him to go, BUT HE IS NOT THERE (and you are not God).
2) Who told you Christians are Christians for attending the Catolic Church or the Baptist Chuch? There are many seat used (and empty) in those churches you mentioned but, the fact that their being emptied (or crowded) does not mean Jesus Christ chose all to be His people (Luk_17:34, 36)

I could be going to any church, but that doesn´t me a believer. YOU KNOW THEM by their fruits. And God and Jesus will point out to THOSE they will take home.

Does a Christian man or woman lie? You know why we lie. But the Bible says another thing, regardfing this. Do you want him to lie?

I once was attending a pentecostal church. I thought my belilefs were similar to theirs... Do catholic share the same beliefs Baptist have?

Will you lie, yourself, that he loves you because you are such a churchgoer?