relationship question.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mslady

Dec 15, 2013
Hello I'm new to this chat n want some Christian advice about my relationship that I'm currently in.

I have been in a relationship now with my sons father for nine years known him for ten years broke up for one but now back.together n live together. I am a Christian growing in my christianity he do not seem to be very interested in trying to be or learn morw about God. Before we broke up I was more into the world n was head over heels for this Guy when we were not together for the year I started learning things about myself. Right in the middle of that an me starting to accept the fact that we were not together n he moved on he decided to wiggle.his way back. My life an back into a relationship. So here we are again but things are really different now....I am more into church.and learning about Christ and wanting to live life right and he don't. We are not engaged and have been together for a very long time I thjnk ita tine for.me to move on but I am afraid that I will fail with living alone I've never done it before I think we both know we are going in different directions in life but we keep holding on I do care for him and love him but I know I must make a choice. Its not easy. There is so much more to be added trying to make it short please excuse any typos on phone

W

wanderer

It's not easy to go about this. Seems you have a lot of love to share and give but you desire a proper family relationship. To be loved as you love. The prospect of starting all over with a total stranger, can be a quite a challenge to your self-confidence. I assumed that as a couple, you are not yet committed in marriage. Since you have changed your attitudes and am now learning to live by Christian values, let him know where the line is. If he cares for you, he will respect that. From your brief description, my advice can only be general. How your relationship came about and what transpired until now, is how things are today. God's Word has many clear and realistic advice on faith and relationships. Give yourself sometime to encourage him to change. You are human and have personal needs and goals. He have to respect that. Hope all goes well.

mslady

Dec 15, 2013
Thank you for your advice I appreciate it

T

twofeet

mslady you wont be alone. Im a single mum of 3 (although they are now 22,19 and 17) I split with their dad when my youngest was 4. God has been my comforter, my strength, my provider, my counsellor, the lover of my soul. I cherished my evenings once the kids were in bed (I go to bed before them now! lol) and sit in Gods presence, restoring my soul for the next day. Don't settle for second best! Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and you will do fine.