relationships are complicated

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I love my family to pieces. I am in the midst of an ugly divorce and it's obviously affecting my in-laws as they are trying to balance their loyalties between me and my current husband. My sister-in-law, my husbands oldest sister, and his greatest support is having a heck of a time; but she will not address anything. We've always had issues relating, but I've been trying to reach out to her. She's my neighbor so I take the girls to the park, offer to babysit, and come over to chat and play games. But she (how do I say this lovingly) is two-faced. She has problems with me and she doesn't ever address them. My 4-yr-old niece is very rambunctious. There are reasons for her rebellion, but that's a different story. Last night I came home around 11 and she was peeking through the mail slot yelling to all the passersby, "Hey, Who are you? What you doing?" I went over there and found out her dad was asleep and she was wandering around the living room in the dark. I told her to go lay down, but when she said no calling my sister in law was the first thing that came to mind. She was at an event 1 mile away. So I texted her and she started complaining about why I was texting her when she couldn't do anything. For goodnes sake, she wasn't in Texas. She was a mile away and she could have driven home and dealt with her daughter herself... Or she could have called her husband and woken him up. Apparently she went on and on amongst a group of chatty middle school girls about how ridiculous it was for me to tell her about her daughter.
Her best friend, Rachel, and I are now friends. Her best friend doesn't spend as much time with her as she used to because she has a toddler and she doesn't want him picking up my nieces bad habits... again another story... though it's legitimate. There is some jealousy there on my SNL side. My SNL is also pregnant and will find out the sex of her baby on Monday so Rachel and I bet on it... But when Rachel told her about the bet she snidely remarked, "Well then I just won't tell you because the whole world will know." She makes these very snippidy remarks to Rachel and it's obvious she has problems with me that she won't address.
So, I did let out a secret that I was unaware was a secret. She and I were pregnant at the same time and I lost the baby. My niece was born on my due date. When she approached me about it she pretended like it was absolutely not a problem but she still brings it up. I told one person because when I found out she was pregnant my heart sank. I had already lost two babies and my husband wanted nothing to do with me... Therefore I called my friend to pray for me. Yes, it was a mistake and I apologized for it. But the fact is, I wouldn't have said anything had I known it was a big secret... and this wouldn't be such an issue if she'd just talk to me. I'm not the most confrontational person, but I have advanced in leaps and bounds, and have kindly confronted her on a few things.
Last night as all this obviously scum from under the covers was coming out, I was very hurt... but I knew that i could only pray for her. She is overwhelmed with a child she can't (won't) handle, a third one on the way, a brother who's fallen off the deep end, and a father and sisters who she's basically mothering. I feel for her. I love her. I know she's struggling, but I can't address any issues I hear second hand with her... and she just lets them fester.

Oct 20, 2011
If you really don't want the drama, just keep always excusing yourself from people and situations that cause the drama. Decide you and your life are now drama free! If you get drama, just walk away, don't confront and add to the drama. Don't get suckered into it. But I think a lot of women love drama which is a fact. Dear lord please bring peace and calm to the situation amen

J

Jordache

I'm not going to walk away from the relationship. This is my family. They are hurting. Relationships are dramatic. It's a fact of life... And we aren't called to walk away from them just because they are difficult. Where would we be if Jesus decided to just walk away from all the drama?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Keeping all of you in my prayers in Jesus
Family is ever easy, but still always family :)

God bless
pickles