Religious help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kalyn7654

Hello, I just joined this site, I have not been baptized as a Christian yet, I got a certificate when I was really little lol. I am planning on it though. But I have always considered myself one and go to a Christian Church. Well anyways, recently I have had many struggles. I have lived a life of sin in the past. Alcohol, stealing etc. Well I have struggled, but I got passed that life. I have always known and "tried" I guess to follow the lord and a very in depth person with him, I just never payed attention to him. Well now, last few months I have dedicated my life to him. I will be honest, I have struggled. Got passed most of it. Now things have gotten more personal and a lot more frightening. It's just gotten a lot harder when I get closer to god. This may sound alien to some, but I hope and am sure many can relate. I have had these thoughts horrible bad thoughts that bring only discomfort to my mind and spirit, there is no reason I would want to think these thoughts. They bring no pleasure or happiness, only shame and sadness.They occur mostly when I talk with God or try to get closer.They have actually been going on the past few years, but as I said I ignored the Lord a lot back then. But even when I tried to pray or such, they occur. I believe based on my experience, that they are work of satan. Some say he cannot do this to your mind, but I thought about it, and if a person can be possessed by evil(In the Bible Jesus frees a mans soul/spirit from the demons of many "Legion" and the demons retreat into pigs and run over the cliffs into the sea etc.), I don't see why this isn't possible. I believe satan has targeted me for some reason, ever since I was young I have had a feeling and connection with god, that he will have major plans for me, it's something I have always felt. We even share the same day of birth Dec. 25 which is cool. And I believe satan is trying harder than ever, he doesn't want me close to god as he doesn't want any of us close to the Lord. And sometimes, I feel like I can't feel the spirit of the lord. As I pray for forgiveness or talk with him, I want to feel that holy spirit, that energy god gives, that happiness. But most of the time it isn't there. It feels like, I don't feel love for him, but I try, and no matter how hard, sometimes I just can't feel it. Is this normal? And these thoughts, what can I do about them? I have prayed, but like I said, sometimes it feels as if I don't try. But I truly want to feel it, and feel like I'm trying and not this emptiness. Because I know its in me, it always has been. Is there any help or suggestions. I really need this taken care of, I know living for the lord is difficult, but this just doesn't seem right. Please, help me. Give me feedback or anything that may help. I never thought I would ask for help as such, I have always been the know it all type or think I can handle it. But as I come closer to god, I feel like I need his love more and the love and advice of others and have really changed and opened up. We really all do need somebody to lean on sometimes or ask for help. God Bless....

Last edited:
S

Shwagga

Hello, I just joined this site, I have not been baptized as a Christian yet, I got a certificate when I was really little lol. I am planning on it though. But I have always considered myself one and go to a Christian Church. Well anyways, recently I have had many struggles. I have lived a life of sin in the past. Alcohol, stealing etc. Well I have struggled, but I got passed that life. I have always known and "tried" I guess to follow the lord and a very in depth person with him, I just never payed attention to him. Well now, last few months I have dedicated my life to him. I will be honest, I have struggled. Got passed most of it. Now things have gotten more personal and a lot more frightening. It's just gotten a lot harder when I get closer to god. This may sound alien to some, but I hope and am sure many can relate. I have had these thoughts horrible bad thoughts that bring only discomfort to my mind and spirit, there is no reason I would want to think these thoughts. They bring no pleasure or happiness, only shame and sadness.They occur mostly when I talk with God or try to get closer.They have actually been going on the past few years, but as I said I ignored the Lord a lot back then. But even when I tried to pray or such, they occur. I believe based on my experience, that they are work of satan. Some say he cannot do this to your mind, but I thought about it, and if a person can be possessed by evil(In the Bible Jesus frees a mans soul/spirit from the demons of many "Legion" and the demons retreat into pigs and run over the cliffs into the sea etc.), I don't see why this isn't possible. I believe satan has targeted me for some reason, ever since I was young I have had a feeling and connection with god, that he will have major plans for me, it's something I have always felt. We even share the same day of birth Dec. 25 which is cool. And I believe satan is trying harder than ever, he doesn't want me close to god as he doesn't want any of us close to the Lord. And sometimes, I feel like I can't feel the spirit of the lord. As I pray for forgiveness or talk with him, I want to feel that holy spirit, that energy god gives, that happiness. But most of the time it isn't there. It feels like, I don't feel love for him, but I try, and no matter how hard, sometimes I just can't feel it. Is this normal? And these thoughts, what can I do about them? I have prayed, but like I said, sometimes it feels as if I don't try. But I truly want to feel it, and feel like I'm trying and not this emptiness. Because I know its in me, it always has been. Is there any help or suggestions. I really need this taken care of, I know living for the lord is difficult, but this just doesn't seem right. Please, help me. Give me feedback or anything that may help. I never thought I would ask for help as such, I have always been the know it all type or think I can handle it. But as I come closer to god, I feel like I need his love more and the love and advice of others and have really changed and opened up. We really all do need somebody to lean on sometimes or ask for help. God Bless....
Hi Kalyn,

God bless you, I can really sympathize with your situation. I want you to know that God does in fact love you and have a great plan for your life. I agree that the closer we get (or try to get) with God, the harder satan tries to intervene with that and becomes more and more active in our lives. This is one reason, I believe, that Paul wrote to the Corinthians in his second letter to them, as they grew more and more in the Lord to bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10). Joyce Myers has a book called "the battlefield is in the mind", very true title. The battlefield really is in the mind and that is where we need to bring every thought into subjection to Christ.

I really do feel your pain and want you to know that it's okay to have times and seasons like this because it will cause you to grow in the Lord. There are seasons in life where we will feel sad but joy truly does come afterwards. Psalm 34:18 says "The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit". I want you to know that your struggles and situation is probably more common than you think amongst believers, if that brings you any comfort. Check out 1 Peter 5:5-11 when you have some time.

But most importantly, do not stop seeking out the Lord and do not allow anything to stop you. Continue to press on and seek God's face. Immerse yourself in God's Word and pray steadfastly. Pray to Jesus and converse with Him, heart to heart. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and everything else will fall into place. (Matthew 6:33)

Also, I recommend seeing a Christian counselor to help you sort out some of the other issues in your life. I think it would be very good for you. Don't be embarrassed to do this either. "Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days." - Proverbs 19:20. Proverbs is full of wisdom and there are many suggestions to receive counsel, chapters 11,12, etc many other chapters. But I really hope you do consider this.

God bless you man. I will keep you in my prayers, that everything works out for you. Remember it will work out for good, Romans 8:28 says all things work out for the good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Take care!

K

Kalyn7654

Hi Kalyn,

God bless you, I can really sympathize with your situation. I want you to know that God does in fact love you and have a great plan for your life. I agree that the closer we get (or try to get) with God, the harder satan tries to intervene with that and becomes more and more active in our lives. This is one reason, I believe, that Paul wrote to the Corinthians in his second letter to them, as they grew more and more in the Lord to bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10). Joyce Myers has a book called "the battlefield is in the mind", very true title. The battlefield really is in the mind and that is where we need to bring every thought into subjection to Christ.

I really do feel your pain and want you to know that it's okay to have times and seasons like this because it will cause you to grow in the Lord. There are seasons in life where we will feel sad but joy truly does come afterwards. Psalm 34:18 says "The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit". I want you to know that your struggles and situation is probably more common than you think amongst believers, if that brings you any comfort. Check out 1 Peter 5:5-11 when you have some time.

But most importantly, do not stop seeking out the Lord and do not allow anything to stop you. Continue to press on and seek God's face. Immerse yourself in God's Word and pray steadfastly. Pray to Jesus and converse with Him, heart to heart. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and everything else will fall into place. (Matthew 6:33)

Also, I recommend seeing a Christian counselor to help you sort out some of the other issues in your life. I think it would be very good for you. Don't be embarrassed to do this either. "Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days." - Proverbs 19:20. Proverbs is full of wisdom and there are many suggestions to receive counsel, chapters 11,12, etc many other chapters. But I really hope you do consider this.

God bless you man. I will keep you in my prayers, that everything works out for you. Remember it will work out for good, Romans 8:28 says all things work out for the good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Take care!
Thank you, you really have helped and must have in your prayers.Well I only got about 3-4 hours of sleep last night as these thoughts were pushing hard against me. Well I woke up, around 9:30 a little late for church, a nightmare which really wasn't all that scary woke me up. I almost didn't get up for church. I wanted to go back to sleep. And I'm sure glad I didn't and went. This quote, you have supplied
Psalm 34:18 says "The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit". My pastor did as well and his talking and preaching of today really connected with what I have been struggling with. It really did help. There are very few who attend ae church 6-7, there is a lot of people of mormon faith at my location in Idaho is why(im guessing). Well today, at church, I prayed very intently. As much as I could at the time. And I tell you, I did feel the holy spirit, I felt and still do feel happy. Your prayers must have helped, I already feel as if a big burden had been dropped, I have been talking with god a lot this morning to see how these thoughts would go. I can tell you, they have greatly subsided. Sometimes a flicker will appear but I shake it. I really think finally I could be free of this or at least be in the process. I truly thank you for your prayers. That through the Lord you connected me with the holy spirit, well what i believe. I again thank you, and even more so thank god. I know my life alters with people I hang with and my lifestyle with have a great impact. As for a counselor, I believe my preacher, since A smaller closed church and connected to his home will be a very good person to go to, and even here on this site. Well thank you brother, for your kindness and willing to help. God Bless you.

S

Shwagga

Praise God! I was filled with joy reading that testimony. Thank You Lord!

God bless you bro!

K

Kalyn7654

:O, and sry for all the words in one huge bunch, when I get really intent with what Im typing I forget to paragraph :/