Religious... Metal :o

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BeauBLESSED

im listening to a SOAD right now and the ending lyrics are "Father into your hands I commit my spirit."
That makes them sound so much better now! ^_^
I have liked metal for a while, mainly for the awesome power chords. The lyrics I try not to let influence me but stuff like this may be the exception! :)

Mar 26, 2010
Are you guys all sure that all the bands listed here are good? Do you think God likes screaming, pig squealing, chugging, mosh pits, break downs, growling, and things alike that our found in this music? As well as all the tattoos that band members have? I used to listen to some bands that are listed here, but now I have a different view on all of these. I'm honestly confused. Does Jesus approve of Metal? Since not just Jesus went into Jesus-core. I'm sure it was death-core, hard-core, metal-core, death metal, that sparked this genre. Is satan trying to make you believe that all of this is good, and in the end he will have your soul?

One preacher said: Every time you listen, watch, or do something, think if you could share this with the whole church.

Just my 2 cents.

G

Grey

Thats a good point, Disturbed's main singer doesn't have any tattoos, and don't judge a book by its cover. The best metal bands actually have a moral reason for their best songs.

J

jimmydiggs

Metal hurts my ears.

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Astrid... I don't remember if you heard of Spiritual Plague so far yet or not, but you should totally check them out on MySpace or Youtube... They are Christian, and are classified as Symphonic Metal... It's awesome!!!!

W

wwjd_kilden

wow, that was a special sound

F

Fisheth

Some of the bands are here aren't metal....

K

Krissy1250

You know listening to non christian music isn't always bad. Just be careful of the message they are sending and the words they are using.
God Bless!!
krissy

S

sgreenlee92

Just quickly glancing is the quote from the lyrics that said "to hell and back" is that really swearing? I mean its not if you were to say Jesus went to hell and back to save us from our sins? Is the word hell really a swear word when used in the context of a place?

B

BeauBLESSED

Do you suppose that non-Christian metal is okay for a person to listen to as long as they don't let it influence their actions? I'm listening to Otep right now, whose music seems to have a lot to do with rebelling against government organisations, but I don't feel like doing that stuff... in contrast to the lyrics of 'Confrontation', I feel quite silent!

G

Godsteen15

I love metal! Its one of the best types of music!

G

Godsteen15

Just quickly glancing is the quote from the lyrics that said "to hell and back" is that really swearing? I mean its not if you were to say Jesus went to hell and back to save us from our sins? Is the word hell really a swear word when used in the context of a place?

I personally do not think it is, but I know several ppl that do.

F

Fisheth

Dream theater have a christian songwriter, and the band are all (bar one) Christian or Jewish.

R

RubberDuckie

Christian metal FTW! :D Becoming The Archetype...hmmm...For Today...Extol...so much more!! :D

M

MeganneCheers

I liek Screaamoo MUCH more thaan metal :]
The Devil Wears Prada? :]
NUMNUMNUM. Lol <3.
Miss yooh BeauBLESSED.

C

Charrrleeesss

Wat about August Burns Red and Underoath, they're currently my 2 fav bands right now. :D

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hi all,

For what its worth I'm a old 80's rock fan lol. My style would be more Stryper, but I do like the more modern bands. Nothing wrong with rocking for the rock (Jesus). although as I get older I'm starting to enjoy country.... sad or what? lol :)

Phil

G

Godsteen15

I actually think alot of heavy metal bands r actually christians, but they are a little outside the norm. But I love heavy metal.

M

MetalDude_iMosh

Hence my name ^----

Metal is pretty much all that i listen too,I mainly listen to 80's metal/Christian metal

I usually get my albums from Itunes or Divinemetaldistro's website (takes a few day's to ship for the non-usa bands) but it's worh it great selection

I probably won't be going to Scream The Prayer Tour this year in Seattle,Washington (if your located in the Oregon or Washington area) then hit me up. But next year i'm thinking about taking time off of work and saving up money to travel to Cali for TomFest since they are moving it back to Cali starting next year. I went to TomFest last year in Camas it was amazingggggggggg epic.