Remain Single or Mingle?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
when you have children you'll soon find out they dont always do what you want them to lol

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
I haven’t dated anyone in 7 years. This isn’t how I planned it. I expected to be married by now and have a family of my own. I’m very lonely and long for a relationship, but I also wonder if it would be best for me to remain single. I’ve gotten used to being able to do things my way whenever I want. I’m not sure if I would even do well in a relationship anymore. Does anyone else feel this way?
only God & you can best arrive at the answer. 1st, ask Jesus if He wants you in a relationship. all Christians should do that. a huge consideration for all long time single people is the major adjustment when in a relationship. being set in your ways can be set in your ways for life & that has to change when involved & that can be extremely difficult. especially when getting married & moving into the house that 1 of the spouses has already been living in. i've seen this to be catastrophic & end up in divorce! a complete way to review & rationalize the relationship issue is to start at the beginning of a day in an imaginary relationship & consider ALL that is involved in a relationship. this will take days & be very patient in doing this as patience yields to better wisdom & decision making.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A lot of people dont get married they just live together to try it out as this is the real world, marriage is expensive.

Some christian believe its still the nineteen fifties where housing is cheap, jobs are steady and you get all govt benefits for being married. Oh and the world needs more babies cos evryone got killed in the war. Not so! Times have changed.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You cannot expect to live the same life as your parents did. Just sayin

What you CAN expect as a believer is the life Jesus gives you. This doesnt necessarily involve being married. I never read anything about Jesus urging his disciples to marry. In fact quite the opposite. We are to live a life in the spirit, rather than the flesh.

Far too many people concentrate on the flesh and the world and the pride of life. Forgetting that Jesus died for us. The other thing is your ability to make friends and fellowship, means you are not going to be lonely.

You need to tap into that rather than complain just because you arent in a relationship or dont date that you dont talk to anyone. Is God deaf? There is more to life than dating and marriage.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Friends come and go esp female friendships, reading a lot on friendships and human relationships right now. One woman dumped a friend because the friend told her she got chicken stuck in her teeth and soup on her chin. That said romantic relationships may not have a much better track record. Blood relations may have a slightly better track record of being close but they feel obligated to put up with eachother.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Remain single or mingle both are good ☺️ the question there is, if are u at peace about staying single ?

The past few years I've been very optimistic about marriage but right now I am at the point of my life where if it is in God's will for me to be married in the future it would be great...if not life goes on... 😅

I'm just praying to God to make my heart at peace about it completely, if ever it won't happen ☺️ been thinking about it...if I am still going to feel lonely even if I learned to accept it already? yes for sure... I know some days will be a bit lonelier but I believe I will be fine.

I've waited for so long already I think waiting also helps your heart to become more patient and trust more in the Lord 🙏🏼

If ever you'll do well in the relationship....yes You will do well I think so ☺️ ...just want to add this.... there's no perfect relationship there's no perfect partner...there's a possibility that you'll get hurt or you will hurt your partner consciously or unconsciously...the most important thing is both are willing and making an effort to make the relationship work out and most especially You both desire to honor the Lord in your relationship ☺️

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think the hardest thing is having expectations and then living up to expectations.
But then the opposite is having no expectations I suppose.

That is why theres this book called 'what to expect when you are expecting'

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Which I havent read btw.

I did once read a book on childbirth but it was so gory I gave up. Plus you have to mash up food all the time as babies have no teeth. The whole changing nappy thing is also rather gross and cleaning up vomit but you can be sure to expect all this and more when you have family. sleepless nights, crying, tantrums Plus nits.

and mastitis isnt fun for mothers either nor 17 hours of labour. Though hospitals have drugs these days and lots of mums have c sections where they cut you open with a knife.

Of course babies are bundles of joy! Its just someone has to look after them, what do you expect?

when I worked in school and had to look after 30 or more children at a time do you know how hard it is to have them ALL be quiet and sitting down in one place for more than five minutes. There will always be one child who cant do this. lol