Reminder: Iraq war had nothing to do with 9/11

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

If you're looking for the "justification" for a war that has "noble" reasons, you can line up many countries in that region, put their name in a hat, randomly pull out a name, and you could come up with a few noble reasons for invasion.

Iraq had a lot of justifications. Human rights issues. Violating UN sanctions. Terrorist ties. WMDs.

The thing is, many countries in the region have those issues.
Why did we pick Iraq?

Why did Bush invade a country with human rights and terrorists issues, yet invite the prince of Saudi Arabia over to his ranch for a hand in hand walk? They have gross human rights issues, and well, we know where many of the 911 terrorists were from. Jus sayin.

By the way at the time, we had this guy in power in our own hemisphere, just off our coast.

Human rights issues.
Historical intent of wanting to put WMDs against USA...(Cuba Missile Crisis)
State sponsor of terror.
Yes, Cuba Is a State Sponsor of Terror | National Review Online

No invasions there.
Similar list of justifications could have been used.

Bush said he wanted an example of democracy in the region.
He should have picked one country, and stuck to it.
Instead he spread resources thin, and became a freedom jack of all trades, and master of none.
If he would have focused our intent and resources on ONE nation, it would have worked.
Americans love a good cause, and I'm sure would have stood behind a purposeful, intentional, focussed, long-term mission in ONE country.

Americans like to hear stories of overcoming oppression, fighting for freedom, and making the world a better place.
This could have been both a military cause, and a charity humanitarian cause.
It's really too bad. After 15 years one of these nations could have been better off.
Instead both appear to be worse off.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2014
Hang on, you essentially lied. You mischaracterised all soldiers who fight wars for you as essentially conservative.

You lied.

Then you have the gall to quote scripture.

That's some bold-faced and unrepentant sinning right there!
You haven't answered my question in post #7. Surely someone with such indignation regarding wars caused by bad conservatives has an opinion regarding other wars caused by bad liberals.

Mar 21, 2011
You haven't answered my question in post #7. Surely someone with such indignation regarding wars caused by bad conservatives has an opinion regarding other wars caused by bad liberals.
You're trolling and off topic, to take away from your own shame. I get that. If you want to start other threads about other topics do that.

I'm glad you are happy to back the liar though. Must feel good?

Yet God doesn't want you to stand in solidarity with liars and workers of evil.

Dec 1, 2014
You're trolling and off topic, to take away from your own shame. I get that. If you want to start other threads about other topics do that.

I'm glad you are happy to back the liar though. Must feel good?

I pity cowards and I thank God I'm not one of you.

Oct 30, 2014
I pity cowards and I thank God I'm not one of you.
Cowardice and conscious nonviolence are two separate things.

''The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence''

“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.”

[Do] Not [be] a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you

Dec 12, 2013
the whole middle east is a mess largely thanks to the instability of iraq.

but yes, america can invade who it wants and suffers no repercussion, that is what you can do as a superpower. No one in authority will ever be tried over it as they've made it legally impossible for them to be prosecuted.

I'm just concerned if republicans get in next election we'll have ww3 when they start bombing iran.
No offence, but WW3 is a given at the end of the day no matter who gets elected......it seems to be the catalyst that sets the world ablaze and results in the rise of the 8th and final kingdom....the kingdom of the beast AKA Anti-Christ (so called)

V

Viligant_Warrior

How ironic, then, that you stand with Obama. You must be blind, I guess, to the evil of the left, huh?[

Mar 21, 2011
How ironic, then, that you stand with Obama. You must be blind, I guess, to the evil of the left, huh?[
I don't stand with Obama, I'm Australian.

Technically I couldn't stand with any American official even if I wanted to, because I can't vote in elections.

V

Viligant_Warrior

I don't stand with Obama, I'm Australian.

Technically I couldn't stand with any American official even if I wanted to, because I can't vote in elections.
Nice duck. Barely missed ya.

Then again, by that quick-denial, not-me, reply ...

... not so much? roll-eye-smiley.gif