Request for Accountability Oversight

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dmdave17

Friends,

You may recognize me from awhile back, when I was visiting this site regularly. I stopped doing so for some time because I got worried about how I was coming across. I began to wonder if my posts were beginning to sound authorative and overbearing.

That was not, and is not, my intention. I have strong opinions (DUH!) but I am not trying to force them on anyone else. I try to follow the Apostle, Paul's instruction to, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,..." (1 Thessalonians 5:11) and "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." (Ephesians 4:29)

Here is my request. If I say anything that offends you, or if any of you notice that I am beginning to sound like a "know-it-all", please call me on it. Send me a private message, or speak your mind in whatever thread my post happens to appear.

It is truly not my wish to offend anyone, but I do feel called to "speak the truth in love".

Thanks for your help and God bless you all.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I have appreciated you bible knowledge and insight :)

Sep 8, 2012
I don't know your work but, let the Spirit be your guide.
(This, your post sounds like a good start.)

P

Powemm

I appreciate an honest answer. If God isn't working sin out , sin will work it's way in.. He made you to be just as you are .. He uses the weak to confound the wise .. And a couple of my favorite versus that have helped me in humbling my own spirit before God in this area are:
1 Cor 1:25
For the foolishness of God is greater than all mans wisdom and the weakness of God is greater than all mans strength..
This helps remind me my opinion isn't important.. What God says is.. If it's Gods word I'm speaking I speak it with boldness and with either tenderness or authority depending on the seasoning the situation requires. He has handed His words to us in His sons name to do so.. This is the first post of yours I've read, and absolutely no offense in it.. Looks like a humble meek heart coming out to me.. work it out while walking it out brother!
March onward towards the goal!
Michelle

S

shekaniah

I think your heart was in the right place...
Just keep praying for God to give you understanding.

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

O

OFM

welcome back sir brother in OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST........
Allways speak the Truth IN LOVE........
and all will be fine........
let the HOLY SPIRIT BE Your Guide.......
agian well come back!!!!!!!!!.....