Rest in Peace, Your Majesty

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 13, 2021
UK
As an Englishman, I'm currently in mourning for my Queen. 70 years as monarch. That's pretty incredible. I'm a royalist. I didn't used to be. God bless you, Ma'am

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
As an Englishman, I'm currently in mourning for my Queen. 70 years as monarch. That's pretty incredible. I'm a royalist. I didn't used to be. God bless you, Ma'am
I dont understand British royals and their purpose .
Can someone explain it to me in terms so a non-English person can understand?

Is it like food preference or something? Like … you like oranges and I like apples?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Are the royals in England like Hollywood celebrities in America?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Are the royals in England like Hollywood celebrities in America?
the royals are family lines that have been kings and queens of england for 100's of years.

they are now mostly symbolic, but still have certain powers they can use for government.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
the royals are family lines that have been kings and queens of england for 100's of years.

they are now mostly symbolic, but still have certain powers they can use for government.
Thank you !

So they have some powers too? I didn’t know that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you read the Bible, it talks about the origins of kings (and queens) also, if you understand who Jesus is, you might have some idea what it means, what a royal lineage is and why people asked for a King or a man to rule over them instead of God. Many countries still have monarchies.

And no, Jesus is not like a Hollywood celeb. He was not famous for being famous or acting a part on a screen.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In revelation, it shows us that if we are good and faithful servants, we will receive crowns of righteousness in heaven and rule and reign with Him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Royals in England can recievd much more media attention than hollywood celebs do but it is because they have royals duties. They are not actors in the sense they can pretend. They have to live their life in the public serving their subjects. They have incredible wealth that they need to put to good use, often supoorting charities and initiatives that imorove the lives of those living in their lands. They have military. Most of the administration and running of the country they delegate to members of parliament, who have their own politics but royals are meant to be impartial and above that.

Also royals in England are connected to the Church of England, the monarch being the nominal head. It is kind of like the Popes in catholicism but not exaclty the same. Yes some people do get carried away and worship royalty. They are not meant to be idolised though. They are however, funded by taxes.

It is a strange thing to get your head around but people dont vote for them like they do a president.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Lanolin, your first two posts seemed confusing but you cleared up a lot with your third one.
‘Thank you.
‘I can see why people worship them in England, New Zealand, Australia and Canada perhaps.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Also the Queens head is on many currencies (money) but now with crytpocurency etc things have changed.
Jesus said when shown a coin with Caesars head on it that we are to give to Caesar what is Caesar and to God what is Gods.

Also when Jesus was offered all the kingdoms of the world by Satan if he would bow down and worship him guess what he refused.

Not all monarchs were christians, we are just blessed that Queen Elizabeth 2 was and it showed in her life. With King Charles, I saw that he had taken an oath to do with Protestant faith and the United Kingdom meaning the church of Engaland and the Church of Scotland combined (presbyterian) he is the defender of the Faith. That is one of the duties of the British royals. This goes back to the time of King James...where we get the English version of the Bible from.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Basically the monarchy/ royals do largely depend on the goodwill of the people ...if they act in ways that are selfish and greedy watch out, revolution maybe in order. This did happen in Britians history for a time.