Revelation 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

There's a story that goes like this: If you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will of course frantically try to clamber out. But if you place it gently in a pot of tepid water and turn the heat on low, it will float there quite placidly. As the water gradually heats up, the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, exactly like one of us in a hot bath, and before long, with a smile on its face, it will unresistingly allow itself to be boiled to death.

I don't know if that's true, but it sure seems to be true for a lot of christians, doesn't it? What will it take for the Church to rise up and say enough is enough?????!! Reading that story in mystdancer50's thread really had me shaking my head....wow...just...wow...

Do people really not understand righteous anger? Are they afraid of the masses? Do they not know the God they claim to serve???

The NEW 10 Commandments according to the masses:
1. If you read the scriptures, we will call it hate speech, but we can call you whatever we want.
2. Killing babies is murder, unless you're the mommy.
3. Sex isn't really sex...(Thanks Clinton)
4. Marriage isn't holy matrimony, it's just some legal contract you can jump in and out of whenever you want with whomever you want.
5. Mocking christianity on television is fine, just don't mock any other faith. We need to respect one another.
6. Do unto others before they do unto you.
7. It's okay to desert your family. After all, you have the right to be happy.
8. All faiths lead to Heaven.
9. Jesus wants us to accept and respect one another's beliefs.
10. I'm okay. You're okay.

You can either say "ouch" or "Amen", but if you can't say either, remember this:

REVELATION 3: 14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

The NEW 10 Commandments according to the masses:
1. If you read the scriptures, we will call it hate speech, but we can call you whatever we want.
2. Killing babies is murder, unless you're the mommy.
3. Sex isn't really sex...(Thanks Clinton)
4. Marriage isn't holy matrimony, it's just some legal contract you can jump in and out of whenever you want with whomever you want.
5. Mocking christianity on television is fine, just don't mock any other faith. We need to respect one another.
6. Do unto others before they do unto you.
7. It's okay to desert your family. After all, you have the right to be happy.
8. All faiths lead to Heaven.
9. Jesus wants us to accept and respect one another's beliefs.
10. I'm okay. You're okay.

How twisted we have become. Even some christians, because they believe and infect people with these same lies.

B

Beloved57

EXCELLENT POST! AMEN

P

Peter321

I litterally thought about that Hot or Cold scripture today at school lol, i couldn't recall it correctly and asked myself where it was written.. Good stuff

J

Jullianna

Thanks, y'all! Truly. This is my heart

A

aussieguy

i agree julliana and have the same thoughts what will it take for the church to stand up. if things like the killing of babies millions and millions of them per year doesnt shake their thoughts or the down play on marriage etc i dont know what will and it is quite sad and you look at the state of some churches and its devastating.
instead of being seperate from the world and stand firm in Christ and their beliefs they adopt and slowly creep in worldly views and thinking so they can say to the world "hey see we're not so different " "'we're not wacky you should join us" it tries so hard to get the world to accept them and not offend them but in return they offend God