Rich Man & Lazarus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

danschance

This is the context of why Jesus began to teach all the parables in Luke 15 & 16
Luke 15:1-3 KJV
(1) Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
(2) And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
(3) And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

The parables in Luke 15 are about different types of people who are lost who are found and saved. Some are lost and cannot find there way home, others do not know they are lost. They are parables to answer the Pharisees who mummer against Christ. The parables in Luke 16 are the same they are directed at the Pharisees.
Your take on the parables is flawed. They are not directed to the pharisees. They teach us about the kingdom of God---that is why they are in the bible. The bible as a whole is for believers and not pharisees.

The story of Lazarus the beggar and the rich man contain a main theme of life after death. It starts out with both men dying physically then Lazarus is carried by the angels to a place of comfort where he meets Abraham who is also alive though he died long ago. The rich man goes to a place of torment after his death. Yet you ignore and over look that this is about life after death. Your solution is to spiritualize this simple story and turn it complex allegory in an attempt to shoe horn it into your system of belief.

What is very sad for me is that you won't attempt to give me a direct answer to my question: "Why would Jesus tell a story of life after death if this false doctrine, according to your beliefs?". Every time I have asked this question you have beat around the bush and obfuscated. You would instead talk about how it is allegory and talk about the pharisees and the the price of tea in China, but not directly answer my simple question.

I am debating if I should leave this thread as no one has directly addressed my simple question.

D

danschance

II have another question about this story.

I a person became marooned on an uncharted island and found the page about Lazarus the beggar and the rich man, what would he conclude and why, in your own opinions?