right or wrong

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
OK For one minute, imagine that the man praying is a devout Christian and the ones chanting are Muslims. Do you still think what they did was fine? Is it ok to invade the man's sanctity while he is praying? Granted he is doing it on a public street , but he probably has no choice because he is probably praying on a schedule and must pray at certain times of the day.

Bottom line is this: These people have lowered people's image of Christians and given support to the negative concepts that the ignorant have about us. Just read comments on any Christian article or video and you will see what I mean. Most non-christians view us as ignorant, brainwashed people who are out to force our beliefs on the rest of the world. This video backs up that image of us 100%! That popular view of us is one of the main reasons why many people aren't the least bit interested in learning about Christ.

Jul 24, 2010
OK For one minute, imagine that the man praying is a devout Christian and the ones chanting are Muslims. Do you still think what they did was fine? Is it ok to invade the man's sanctity while he is praying? Granted he is doing it on a public street , but he probably has no choice because he is probably praying on a schedule and must pray at certain times of the day.

Bottom line is this: These people have lowered people's image of Christians and given support to the negative concepts that the ignorant have about us. Just read comments on any Christian article or video and you will see what I mean. Most non-christians view us as ignorant, brainwashed people who are out to force our beliefs on the rest of the world. This video backs up that image of us 100%! That popular view of us is one of the main reasons why many people aren't the least bit interested in learning about Christ.
I fully agree with you.

J

jimmydiggs

OK For one minute, imagine that the man praying is a devout Christian and the ones chanting are Muslims. Do you still think what they did was fine?

That would be, the way it should be.

John 15:18
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

Is it ok to invade the man's sanctity while he is praying? Granted he is doing it on a public street , but he probably has no choice because he is probably praying on a schedule and must pray at certain times of the day.
Sanctity? It's clearly idolatry.

This, is accurate to an extent. Most of the non-christians who spew that, would find something else to complain about.

Jul 24, 2010
If it's okay for that man to do what he did to a praying Muslim, then Musilms should have the right to throw Koran's on a praying Christian.

Do unto others...

Whether you agree with their faith or not, assaulting someone for practicing their beliefs is wrong. If you don't want it done to you, don't do it to someone else.

J

jimmydiggs

If it's okay for that man to do what he did to a praying Muslim,
I don't think anyone is attempting to justify the act. Just to explain that what happened isn't near as bad as it is claimed in these posts.

then Musilms should have the right to throw Koran's on a praying Christian.
I say bring it. Google: Wahhabi

Do unto others...
No one has endorsed the actions. Infact, if you read Credo's posts, he said many not-so-sugar-coated things about them. Such as them acting childish.

Whether you agree with their faith or not, assaulting someone for practicing their beliefs is wrong.
I don't remember seeing any assaulting in the video. I just remember a lot of screaming hooligans.

Although, what makes it wrong?

If you don't want it done to you, don't do it to someone else.
If we lived the bible, it'd happen to us desired or not. I do stand by the principle though, as Christ commanded it.

U

unclefester

Absolutely correct Zero. It is one thing to suffer persecution for the sake of the gospel. It is quite another thing to invite it because of ones insensitivity and actions. For the latter, there is no reward... but only just recompense. The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. Freedom in Christ does not free us from acting out of love for one another. Quite the opposite. Some spend their lifetime not grasping this essential truth and do more harm to the cause of the gospel than good. The people in that video fall into this category.