Righteous or Rude?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Halo

wow that priest was downright AWFUL he totally dishonored what the LORD is all about, this guy just shoved away someone that he could easily see was gravely in need of spiritual assistance in whatever ways that she needed it, but no need to worry...just as I'm sure that multiple people have said about him after reading that---- he'll have to answer to GOD for his crime, and also what goes around comes around. But what makes me especially angry is how he had displayed no type of averse actions-- no type of sympathy-- just tossed her away from the church like a bag of trash, and it's hard to say that, that is not what he saw in her which is just detestable about this priest, but again though what goes around comes around. May GOD be with you.

error

Oct 23, 2009
All i can say is-i would never go to a church with a priest like that->in it.

error

Oct 23, 2009
But thn again MM is against christianity->as far as I know. He burned the Bible at his concert.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
well i do believe in coming as you are BUT being a Christian i would never wear a shirt of Marilyn Manson let alone to church , some respect for God's house should have been shown and yes you could have worn it inside out as not to offend anyone , goth make up is not a problem ,but i'm really surprised that someone would go to church wearing a shirt of a known satanic worshiper and think that it's okay

although the way the priest confronted you and your mom was wrong and the things he said were wrong he had every right to mention the shirt but the only thing he should have said was the message on the shirt or picture was not appropriate for that setting and asked if you could make sure the message on the shirts are appropriate to God

G

GM777

I would say that was a very righteous priest. You know, as the saying goes, many will seek the kingdom of Heaven, but few will enter. There will be those who say, "but Lord we worshipped in your name, cast out devils in your name" but they will be turned away. This seems like a very self-righteous priest and if he did believe she was evil, he should've done all he could, as a priest, to cleanse her of any demons and help her find salvation. So many priests today and Christians alike don't even believe in demons to begin with. It's a scary reality. I don't think your mom was rude at all. I think she put that "priest" in his place who instead of choosing to help a dying girl in need, sought to stigmatize and judge her on the spot.

S

simplyme_bekah

I read just about the first 3 and that was all I needed to read. Listen honey, people always try to put labels on us to better fit the mold they have in their minds. God will be the one that talks to your heart and convicts your heart if you are doing something that is out of his will. He will convert your will to be more like Jesus. If that church treated you like that chances are you don't need to be going there anyways and its prolly a blessing in disguise. Pray and ask the Lord to guide you to the right church. Also as a Christian you will be persecuted by others. The devil is good at having the lost attack you at the most unexpected times and a lot of the time its totally just laughable unfair. But keep on laughing and take heart that God trust you enough to put you through these kind of test. It will be ok. Try not to base to much of anything on what others do to you because we live in a dark and fallen world, just pray for them and ask the Lord to free them from the devils influence and that they get saved.

T

Trax

I am a new christian as some of you may already know. I was saved by a Catholic Lady and of course by Jesus. Anyways that catholic lady is now my adopted mom (it'll make sense if you read my testimony).

Anyways, I used to go to a Catholic Church with my adopted mom in Ohio. One day when I wore a Marilyn Manson T-Shirt to church, the priest called us to his office after mass. He basically kicked us out of the church. I have a decent transcript of how it went down. (My adopted mother e-mailed it to me on my request, that women wrote it down as soon as we got in the car, she said she wanted to take it to the bishop and I talked her out of it). So here it is; it's not exact word for word but very close according to my own memory of it as well.

So is what my mom said rude or righteous what do you think? Also what do you think about any part of it?

If you dress like a policeman, people will call you a policeman.
If you dress like a fireman, people will call you a fireman.
If you dress like garbage, people will call you garbage.
Clothes make the person because they dress by the choices of who
they are on the inside.

CONGRATS! to the priest for putting his boot to your backside.
If there were more like him, we may not have the godless
society we have now. The only thing that got hurt was your pride.
If you are an ambassador to the King of kings, act like it and be it.
Get rid of that pride because He hates pride. And if the Lord used the
priest to get your attention, you may want to pay attention. Because His
boot is bigger and will hurt more than just pride.

F

Fractal_Curve

If you dress like a policeman, people will call you a policeman.
If you dress like a fireman, people will call you a fireman.
If you dress like garbage, people will call you garbage.
Clothes make the person because they dress by the choices of who
they are on the inside.

CONGRATS! to the priest for putting his boot to your backside.
If there were more like him, we may not have the godless
society we have now. The only thing that got hurt was your pride.
If you are an ambassador to the King of kings, act like it and be it.
Get rid of that pride because He hates pride. And if the Lord used the
priest to get your attention, you may want to pay attention. Because His
boot is bigger and will hurt more than just pride.
You're an idiot.

T

Trax

Why, because I tell the truth? Because I stand up for the body? Because the christian is NOT their
own any more, for they were bought with a price? One thing that is quite clear here, Christians forget
they are "suppose" to serve Christ, and there are lost people in the world. Sorry, but you CAN NOT
dress to your heart's desire once saved. You represent Christ Jesus. Its time Christians start acting
like it. Paul said if eating meat causes his brother to stumble, he wont eat meat. Today's Christian
has a different priciple they toss out. "Well, Jesus knows my heart." Yes true, but does the
Christian know his/her OWN heart?? That is the issue most fail to take into account. Just because
He knows it, don't mean He's pleased with it. IMO, the best thing for the church in the USA is boot
half the members out, turn them over to satan, to get their attitude and focus in correct perspective.
The church in the USA is on its death bed because there are so few "real" Christians in it. So many
Christians are wanting to live to their heart's desire and claim, "well, Jesus knows my heart."
He also know there are billions of unsaved people in the world who can't see His light in His people.
I'm not giving you a Law, but a duty. You are what you make yourself out to be.
An abassador or a self pleasure.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Sorry Trax, your message of showing everyone you don't like the door is not in The Bible. We are only supposed to ostracize someone as a very last resort. 2 Timothy 4:2 says "Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching." Do you honestly think kicking her out of the church with no warning was the right way to go?

R

rauleetoe

I am a new christian as some of you may already know. I was saved by a Catholic Lady and of course by Jesus. Anyways that catholic lady is now my adopted mom (it'll make sense if you read my testimony).

Anyways, I used to go to a Catholic Church with my adopted mom in Ohio. One day when I wore a Marilyn Manson T-Shirt to church, the priest called us to his office after mass. He basically kicked us out of the church. I have a decent transcript of how it went down. (My adopted mother e-mailed it to me on my request, that women wrote it down as soon as we got in the car, she said she wanted to take it to the bishop and I talked her out of it). So here it is; it's not exact word for word but very close according to my own memory of it as well.

Priest: Hello, you two.

Mom and I: Hi.

Priest to my mom: She is not allowed to come here anymore.

Mom: why?

Priest: She is evil.

Mom: No she is not, why would you think that?

Priest: Because of her shirt.

Mom: you are judging someone by what they are wearing?

Priest: It is an accurate description of how evil that girl is.

Mom: she is not evil, she is a very nice and beautiful girl.

Priest: she is pure evil, she wears inappropriate clothing every time.

Mom: inappropriate clothing?

Priest: Ripped jeans, cut-off tank tops,
and band T-shirts. Today as you can tell she even wore black "goth" makeup.

Mom: so you don't like her because of the way she dresses?

Priest: in essence yes.

Mom: Church is not about how someone dresses.

Preist: She just doesn't belong here.

Mom: belong here? you don't get to decide who belong's in the lord's church. Only the lord does.

Mom: I don't think you know what this girl is going through, She is dying she has terminal cancer and she is very afraid and unstable right now.

Priest: Good, how long is it until she will be burning in hell for all her evil doings?

Mom: Now just hold on a second, that won't happen. She believes in the lord jesus christ.

Preist: She will burn in hell forever! She doesn't belong here and that's all.

Mom: You sir are forgetting what your job is, to help those in need and heal the broken. Not judge people based on their choice in clothing or music.

Preist: Don't get all smart on me.

Mom: I found her on the street. I told her about the lord. I gave her shelter. I washed her. I fed her. I clothed her. When i found out she was an orphan I adopted her. I knew when I saw her that the lord wanted me to help her so I didn't question it and I did.

Preist: you invited an evil child into your home.

**I start to cry at this point**

Mom: don't talk about my daughter that way. Now you've made a girl dying of

cancer cry. How can you live with yourself now?

Priest: she is not your daughter!

Mom: well she is now! I am happy to welcome this girl into my family.

Priest: you are making a big mistake helping this girl, i can see evil all about her.

Mom: you sir are no man of God! you do not heal the broken, you do not have love in your heart. you are a poser! and may the lord forgive you for making a mockery out of his church!

Mom: come on taylor were leaving!

So is what my mom said rude or righteous what do you think? Also what do you think about any part of it?
While i am no longer catholic..i do not think that this particular priest speaks for all catholics..i myself do not attend a catholic church, nor am catholic in my beliefs..i belief catholics can be saved..
all i am going to say is ill be praying for you...and im sorry that this man who obviously was being very carnal was saying such things..
this is not the heart of God, who wants all men to be saved and come to the the knowledge of the truth..
1 timothy 2:4..
you have people here who care for you, i pray for a valiant spirit for your mom and you and for you both to find a church that will teach biblically and not judge you by how you dress..if its any consolation i had the same happen to me..having come out of the gothic scene when i got saved..still smoking and being vegan at the time and listening to extreme music..many in the 'pentecostal' church i was going to at the time did not accept me either..one of the reasons i left their..other than their unbiblical church practices..

you hang in there friend..we love you and are praying for you..

R

rauleetoe

Why, because I tell the truth? Because I stand up for the body? Because the christian is NOT their
own any more, for they were bought with a price? One thing that is quite clear here, Christians forget
they are "suppose" to serve Christ, and there are lost people in the world. Sorry, but you CAN NOT
dress to your heart's desire once saved. You represent Christ Jesus. Its time Christians start acting
like it. Paul said if eating meat causes his brother to stumble, he wont eat meat. Today's Christian
has a different priciple they toss out. "Well, Jesus knows my heart." Yes true, but does the
Christian know his/her OWN heart?? That is the issue most fail to take into account. Just because
He knows it, don't mean He's pleased with it. IMO, the best thing for the church in the USA is boot
half the members out, turn them over to satan, to get their attitude and focus in correct perspective.
The church in the USA is on its death bed because there are so few "real" Christians in it. So many
Christians are wanting to live to their heart's desire and claim, "well, Jesus knows my heart."
He also know there are billions of unsaved people in the world who can't see His light in His people.
I'm not giving you a Law, but a duty. You are what you make yourself out to be.
An abassador or a self pleasure.
first off sir..no one here is advocating that the christian life is about self..
we all know its about him/Jesus..but if you truly believe for whatever reason that there is a 'dress code' then how about lovingly show that with scripture instead of a high and mighty mentality? You sound rather pharasaical in your tone and response, do not think for one minute that you will not be held accountable for your tone and condescending attitude towards those 'sheep' of his because these 'little ones' did not dress up to your approval..
man looks on the outside, God looks at the heart..who's opinion matters more..your's? that priest's? or that of Jesus...you tell me..

Last edited: