Righteousness will live (Ezekiel 33:18-19)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
18. When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die therein. 19. And when the wicked turneth from his wickedness, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby. (Ezekiel 33:18-19)

Righteousness will live. Do not do sin.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21

Apr 9, 2015
18. When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die therein. 19. And when the wicked turneth from his wickedness, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby. (Ezekiel 33:18-19)

The Gift of Righteousness , Jesus the Christ, God manifest in the flesh , Already liveth! Even after He was murdered on a Tree, He lives an Endless life now! What righteousness are you speaking of? Your own? That won't do it .....purdy dirty like filthy rags.... Gift of Righteousness is Imputed by the Father. By His command upon belief in His Sons completed work on the bloody tree. Aint. No other righteousness good enough to trump that!

P

psychomom

But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;
for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. (Rom 3:21-28)

it's not about our righteousness....we haven't any.
it's ALL about His righteousness. ♥

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
There is nothing wrong about the message, but still some of you rise against it?

Woe for you people's!

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;
being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;
for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. (Rom 3:21-28)

What are you believe that what kind of righteousness I mean, in Op?

But for you, who try exalt your self by some theological issue, and try make me look bad. If you really want speak for the righteousness then do good, and exhort to people's also do good, because now it seems, that you are only jealous for the good exhortation what I have give, and that's why you try to make me look bad.

Do not be like the Cain who hate him brother work's because they are better that his own. Instead do good.

Last edited:

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
There is nothing wrong about the message, but still some of you rise against it?

Woe for you people's!

The message in Ezekiel was written to people who were under the law and it's condemnation. Before Christ who took upon himself our sin and gave us His righteousness.

There is now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus - Romans 8:1 - for the law of the Spririt of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Woe to those who are unable to receive this message of His grace.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
You need to be Genuinely Born Again.. The Woe is on you. Indeed!
And if I make some childishly nicname for me, and start to have some pointless debate like most of you, then I am genuinely reborn?

I do not know what to say to you people's.

Apr 9, 2015
And if I make some childishly nicname for me, and start to have some pointless debate like most of you, then I am genuinely reborn?

I do not know what to say to you people's.
The prince of the power of the air, his fruit manifest! Indeed. Not surprised his servants transformed into ministers of righteousness ... Intetesting when you always go back to the Righteousness of Christ and His only, brings out the adversary in those tares he has down. Indeed! Maybe God will give him knowlwdge of the Truth unto repentance. In His hands now

D

DesiredHaven

Here are verses that might better match to that verse there

As Paul says,

1 Cr 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not;
for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak
this to your shame.

He also says,

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

He also asks them

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin,
but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh:
for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity;
even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin,
ye were free from righteousness.

Our Lord Jesus is righteous

1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous,
ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

We live by the Spirit and we ought to walk by the Spirit,
for if we walk by the Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Jan 7, 2015
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21
Note the bold part "in him" Can the unrighteous be "in Christ"? If one is not "in Christ" he is none of his.

Jan 7, 2015
The message in Ezekiel was written to people who were under the law and it's condemnation. Before Christ who took upon himself our sin and gave us His righteousness.

There is now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus - Romans 8:1 - for the law of the Spririt of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Nothing wrong with the message in Ezekiel, all unrighteousness is sin. Again we see the mention of being "In Christ" above, so how do we abide "In Christ". Can we be "in sin" and also "in Christ" at the same time?

Jan 7, 2015
Galatians 2:17
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

You cannot be "In Christ" and also found to be a "sinner".....WORD UP! :)

Mar 10, 2015

This is not at all what 2 Cor 5.21 says:
[SUP]21 [/SUP]He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

You are made righteous, which is position not personal performance.

J

JesusIsAll

The prince of the power of the air, his fruit manifest! Indeed. Not surprised his servants transformed into ministers of righteousness ... Intetesting when you always go back to the Righteousness of Christ and His only, brings out the adversary in those tares he has down. Indeed! Maybe God will give him knowlwdge of the Truth unto repentance. In His hands now
Yes, isn't it amazing how much religion you see, babble, psychobabble, sabbaths, magic sacred names, Torah, goes on and on, anything and everything, but grace by faith in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, anything but that same Lord which, only, is everything. Any Christianity without the Lord Jesus and being born of the Holy Spirit front and center is a fake Christianity, a pretty good rule of thumb.

1 Corinthians 2:1-2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Apr 9, 2015
Yes, isn't it amazing how much religion you see, babble, psychobabble, sabbaths, magic sacred names, Torah, goes on and on, anything and everything, but grace by faith in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, anything but that same Lord which, only, is everything. Any Christianity without the Lord Jesus and being born of the Holy Spirit front and center is a fake Christianity, a pretty good rule of thumb.

1 Corinthians 2:1-2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

aweeeee a WISE AND FAITHFUL Servant! indeed! well Said! and spot on!