RIP Nelson Mandela

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

ddallen

A great man is lost to us

M

Married_Richenbrachen

I thought he was a terrorist instrumental in the destruction of South Africa?

I don't believe any terrorist is great, no matter what heights his terrorism helps him aspire to.

D

ddallen

I thought he was a terrorist instrumental in the destruction of South Africa?

I don't believe any terrorist is great, no matter what heights his terrorism helps him aspire to.
South Africa is still there and has not been destroyed. The apartheid unjust rule of a few over the many was dismantled and a new system of government installed. By that argument - your founding fathers were terrorists - they were instrumental in the destruction of english rule in the americas.
Mandela fought for justice for his people.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Mandela went into prison a very angry and hateful young man. In prison he gave his life to Christ and become a devout Christian. A Lay preacher at my church was Nelson Mandela's prison chaplin for 8 years on Robben Island. They became good friends and Mandela learned a lot from the Bible and Christ, most notably forgiveness and reconciliation.

The man who left prison was unrecognisable from the man who went in. Mandela strength in Christ and God pushed him on to reunite a broken country and break down barriers and walls to create a free nation.

M

Married_Richenbrachen

South Africa is still there and has not been destroyed. The apartheid unjust rule of a few over the many was dismantled and a new system of government installed. By that argument - your founding fathers were terrorists - they were instrumental in the destruction of english rule in the americas.
Mandela fought for justice for his people.
The founding fathers didn't sell America out to the communists, like every president since the democratically elected JFK (and some before). So if you said the post JFK presidents were terrorists (especially the Georges and Barry), I'd probably agree.

I don't know a lot about South Africa's history, but I understand it has fallen from being an independent nation to another cog in the communist New World Order machine, and this happened with a terrorist (Nelson) as its ruler. Whether the terrorist who came out of jail was a changed man in Christ, I don't know, but I do know that Christians don't make good communists.

D

ddallen

The founding fathers didn't sell America out to the communists, like every president since the democratically elected JFK (and some before). So if you said the post JFK presidents were terrorists (especially the Georges and Barry), I'd probably agree.

I don't know a lot about South Africa's history, but I understand it has fallen from being an independent nation to another cog in the communist New World Order machine, and this happened with a terrorist (Nelson) as its ruler. Whether the terrorist who came out of jail was a changed man in Christ, I don't know, but I do know that Christians don't make good communists.
Really? I thought the Red Scare went out in the 70's after McCarthy and Hoover left office. What evidence would you have that Mandella was communist - South Africa is not a communist state, I assume you are talking about the Bush's, not sure who Barry is, but from outside the bush's were the quintessential capitalists willing to do anything for money.
You are having us on - nobody is that paranoid or believes conspiracy theories as much as you claim

M

Married_Richenbrachen

Really? I thought the Red Scare went out in the 70's after McCarthy and Hoover left office. What evidence would you have that Mandella was communist - South Africa is not a communist state, I assume you are talking about the Bush's, not sure who Barry is, but from outside the bush's were the quintessential capitalists willing to do anything for money.
You are having us on - nobody is that paranoid or believes conspiracy theories as much as you claim
Communism/corporatism - just different sides of the New World Order coin. My understanding was South Africa was independent (of the world) until Mandela. Now its just another cog in the NWO machine. I'd classify that result as a communist takeover, 'though you could also rightly call it a corporatist or NWO takeover.

Same with the Georges and Barry in the US selling freedom for war and profit, 'though Barry is being advertised more as a communist to keep the false paradigm alive.