Risky?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 27, 2023
Washington DC
Ever since I was 9 years old, I was able to imitate people and characters. In addition to that, I can also rewrite things I've watched on television or movies I've seen. Almost 15 years ago, I did a YouTube channel only doing impressions of Joker from Batman (Heath Ledger's), Edward Cullen from Twilight and a few others.

Recently, I've come to the conclusion recently to go all out and do impressions of everyone I can do and rewrite everything I feel that I would like to rewrite and make a business out of it. My goal is to use it to bring people to my social media where newcomers would see posts about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and be able to come to God THAT way. My intentions is only for people that have already engaged with the content as a warning will be made for people that haven't engaged to NOT engaged. Think of it as a magic trick, the content is to get attention for the REASON behind wanting it.

Each time, I have decided NOT to do the business, I get led back into doing it a week later by the simplest things. Can anyone give me advice on how to go about it? I don't mind doing it but my ONLY fear is that since most of the material is secular, I may go to Hell

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I don't mind doing it but my ONLY fear is that since most of the material is secular, I may go to Hell
If this is a concern for you, you would be better off avoiding this kind of activity or business.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Every retail establishment I've been to is advertising they need to hire more people. They need help. I think you should pick a struggling business and go to work there, and contribute to its success.

Keep the acting/impersonations as a hobby. Do your utube channel as a sideline.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I don't mind doing it but my ONLY fear is that since most of the material is secular, I may go to Hell
No one likes a bait and switch; I believe you'd lose a lot of credibility if you did this. If you must do impersonations, keep it Christian all the way. That's my advice. I saw some YouTube videos once of a Christian comic who did impersonations of well-known Christian personalities and it was pretty darn funny. You could do impersonations of non-Christians, but be up front from the start about who you are and what you're about.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Each time, I have decided NOT to do the business, I get led back into doing it a week later by the simplest things. Can anyone give me advice on how to go about it? I don't mind doing it but my ONLY fear is that since most of the material is secular, I may go to Hell
Is it possible that you are destined for Hell, as you are trusting in your own works rather than Christ's? Believe in Him alone for your salvation.

Jun 27, 2023
Washington DC
Every retail establishment I've been to is advertising they need to hire more people. They need help. I think you should pick a struggling business and go to work there, and contribute to its success.

Keep the acting/impersonations as a hobby. Do your utube channel as a sideline.
Oh no, I have a job - this would be a hobby/side business. I work as a live-in caregiver.

Jun 27, 2023
Washington DC
Is it possible that you are destined for Hell, as you are trusting in your own works rather than Christ's? Believe in Him alone for your salvation.
I didn't say I was trusting my works, I'm merely hoping to continue bringing people to Christ using what I believe was given to me by God to engage with people.

Jun 27, 2023
Washington DC
If this is a concern for you, you would be better off avoiding this kind of activity or business.
I even question if I should go have fun at restaurants, zoos, amusement parks and other places. I'm still trying to learn what I am able to do without angering or disappointing God.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I even question if I should go have fun at restaurants, zoos, amusement parks and other places. I'm still trying to learn what I am able to do without angering or disappointing God.
Sounds as though you have a religious view of being a Christian. Isn't part of being a Christian supposed to be freedom? Yet here you are all bound up worrying about rules.
Go to those places and have fun. Enjoy life. Do your YT.

Jun 27, 2023
Washington DC
Sounds as though you have a religious view of being a Christian. Isn't part of being a Christian supposed to be freedom? Yet here you are all bound up worrying about rules.
Go to those places and have fun. Enjoy life. Do your YT.
LOL I won't say it's rules. I'd hate to die and we go over my entire life and God says "Why did you do this? This? And This?". 1 Corinthians 10:23 comes to my mind when I do something or consider doing it and I don't want to violate anything when I just go with doing it...if that makes sense

Jun 27, 2023
Washington DC
Exactly, in a way, I do something similar but it's also like re-enacting the scene. So let's say that really was Trump's reaction, IF I could impersonate Trump, I'd do the whole thing over in his voice.

Rewrites are something different though.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I didn't say I was trusting my works, I'm merely hoping to continue bringing people to Christ using what I believe was given to me by God to engage with people.
If you are scared you will go to Hell for something you do (or don't do), doesn't it follow that you are trusting too much in your own actions for your salvation, and not enough in the perfect sacrifice of Christ? I'm not saying this to condemn.

Jun 27, 2023
Washington DC
If you are scared you will go to Hell for something you do (or don't do), doesn't it follow that you are trusting too much in your own actions for your salvation, and not enough in the perfect sacrifice of Christ? I'm not saying this to condemn.
You are SO right, I didn't see it like that. Thanks bro!

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Ever since I was 9 years old, I was able to imitate people and characters. In addition to that, I can also rewrite things I've watched on television or movies I've seen. Almost 15 years ago, I did a YouTube channel only doing impressions of Joker from Batman (Heath Ledger's), Edward Cullen from Twilight and a few others.

Recently, I've come to the conclusion recently to go all out and do impressions of everyone I can do and rewrite everything I feel that I would like to rewrite and make a business out of it. My goal is to use it to bring people to my social media where newcomers would see posts about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and be able to come to God THAT way. My intentions is only for people that have already engaged with the content as a warning will be made for people that haven't engaged to NOT engaged. Think of it as a magic trick, the content is to get attention for the REASON behind wanting it.

Incorporate as much from the Word as you can. Don't water it down.