Rouhani: Iran Ready for Prison Swap with Americans

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Rouhani: Iran Ready for Prison Swap with Americans - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

Tehran will work to free three Americans from its prisons if the United States releases jailed Iranians, President Hassan Rouhani said Sunday, according to AFP.
"If the Americans take the appropriate steps and set them free, certainly the right environment will be open and the right circumstances will be created for us to do everything within our power and our purview to bring about the swiftest freedom for the Americans held in Iran as well," Rouhani, who is visiting New York for the UN General Assembly, told CNN.
Obama would be a fool to fall for this.
This is not how swaps are done. Mr. Rouhani, they are to be released simultaneously.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Obama will probly jump at the chance to free more of our enemys.

these Americans should have been released before any nuclear deal even started.

It is sad how he has impowered the enemy, but Gods will be done , as foretold long ago.

the living may know the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it
to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men: Daniel 4:17

The Lord hath done that which he had devised;
he hath fulfilled his word that he had commanded in the days of old:

he hath thrown down, and hath not pitied: and he hath caused thine enemy
to rejoice over thee, he hath set up [the horn of thine adversaries].

I find it hard to not say bad things about our president,
its even harder to find something good to say also,.

God is in charge

Aug 12, 2015
If the Americans agree to releasing Iranians, I see no reason why Iranians can't agree to releasing Americans. The way Iran see it, many of these Americans are probably in jail for being enemies of the Iranian state, and the way the Americans see it, many of these Iranians are probably in jail for being enemies of the United States. More than likely the Americans who are released from Iran won't be imprisoned in America when they return home, and more than likely the Iranians who are released from the US won't be imprisoned in Iran when they turn home.

I don't see why anybody should consider American anti-Iranians worth more than Iranian anti-Americans. I don't. Both countries have national interests like oil, territory, world-political power, and the prosperity of their people. You shouldn't fool yourself into thinking that the American interests are any more or less benevolent than the Iranian ones, because they aren't,really.

If you look at the world as a global singular interest, America and Iran (like most countries) are just two states out for themselves and their allies. Both want profit, both want power, both want say and both want sway.

Last edited:
V

Viligant_Warrior

Rouhani: Iran Ready for Prison Swap with Americans - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

Obama would be a fool to fall for this.
This is not how swaps are done. Mr. Rouhani, they are to be released simultaneously.
He wants to close Gitmo. It isn't a matter of "falling for it." He'll jump at the chance, and will parade Pastor Saeed Abedini, ex-Marine and ethnic Iranian Amir Hekmati, missing contractor Robert Levinson (if he is, indeed, alive), and journalist Jason Rezaian, also an ethnic Iranian, before the cameras to show how great, wonderful, and awesome he is (not). All along, he will know exactly what he is doing, in the name of accomplishing his "legacy."

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If the Americans agree to releasing Iranians, I see no reason why Iranians can't agree to releasing Americans. The way Iran see it, many of these Americans are probably in jail for being enemies of the Iranian state, and the way the Americans see it, many of these Iranians are probably in jail for being enemies of the United States. More than likely the Americans who are released from Iran won't be imprisoned in America when they return home, and more than likely the Iranians who are released from the US won't be imprisoned in Iran when they turn home.

I don't see why anybody should consider American anti-Iranians worth more than Iranian anti-Americans. I don't. Both countries have national interests like oil, territory, world-political power, and the prosperity of their people. You shouldn't fool yourself into thinking that the American interests are any more or less benevolent than the Iranian ones, because they aren't,really.

If you look at the world as a global singular interest, America and Iran (like most countries) are just two states out for themselves and their allies. Both want profit, both want power, both want say and both want sway.
He wants to close Gitmo. It isn't a matter of "falling for it." He'll jump at the chance, and will parade Pastor Saeed Abedini, ex-Marine and ethnic Iranian Amir Hekmati, missing contractor Robert Levinson (if he is, indeed, alive), and journalist Jason Rezaian, also an ethnic Iranian, before the cameras to show how great, wonderful, and awesome he is (not). All along, he will know exactly what he is doing, in the name of accomplishing his "legacy."
Yes, but my point after looking at the article is that once we release the Iranians then Iran would consider releasing ours.

Aug 12, 2015
There is only one UK resident still at Guantanamo, Saudi-born Shaaker Aamer. He's been held prisoner there for 13 years without any charges, and he's still there. Here are his children in 2009:

And there have been cases of many other people in Guantanamo Bay being held as prisoners of war, whom the American legal authorities have failed to bring any charges against -- there are literally no viable charges against them. How is that right?

I'm not saying that's the case with the Iranian prisoners (I know nothing about them), but just that: Gitmo is hardly a stain you want to keep rubbing in, is it?

Last edited: