Sacrifice of Thanksgiving

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Grace is such a beautiful action given but hard to muster when we feel we have been wronged.
We can go through the motions, trying to let it go, even praying for the person or situation. Still at the core of the hearts knowing the sting surges through our senses, leaving the truth hard to deny. We all know loss and hurt, no one is immune. We all share this component of humanity.

What do we do then, how do we navigate our faith to action so that we can rise above the aches and pains, letting go? The answer is not by merely denying the weaknesses but in glorifying the One who is so much bigger than any suffering.

I often revisit grace. I think it is God's way of reminding me to pay forward the ultimate price He paid. He doesn't just want us to extend mercy, but to love it, to live its value. Our Savior was on the receiving end of torture, and I mean emotional, physical, and any other kind of way you can fathom. He experienced it all, willingly. Yet, no words of pity, no regretting His lot, just the awareness that the answer was and always will be Grace...His Amazing Grace.

We are called to rejoice in Him always, to sing His praises, to never stop doing so. How can we do this if we are so consumed in the darkness of anything? I think the fallen state of this world needs our prayers, needs our mercy, needs our peace, needs our hope, needs our joy, all of which require our sacrifice of thanksgiving in the moments of stumble. Ultimately, what we all need more of is Jesus. So may we bow at His feet, focusing on Him alone, rather than at the mercy of our own sufferings. He is so good!!! His word even has become the joy and rejoicing of our hearts, if we only submit and trust Him, regardless of what's going on in our lives.

I know some are in the midst of deep agony, and for you I pray. For you, I do NOT belittle your experience. I love you and pray that you can find comfort in His healing arms. He is our Refuge!! He is our Rock!! He can soothe the troubled waters, because only He is sufficient.

May we all remember Him more than anything, anything at all!!!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
This is heavy but it puts things in perspective. Be thankful for there are those suffering in ways we can not even imagine.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
I hate being controlled, it is humiliating with sense of danger as in "submit" during the time that someone angrily declare that I should submit

I might be exaggerating, but I do "feel like a prey" at that situation

I hate being a prey, I want to be powerful like a predator

but this animal like thinking reveal that "prey" is wounding, while "predator" is the desire to overcompensate for our insecurities

and we know that the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
If being condemned or falsely accused is depressing

Is grace the only way to see this in a positive light?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
If being condemned or falsely accused is depressing

Is grace the only way to see this in a positive light?
I believe so. His grace given and received, yes. It all comes back to Him. Falsely accused, we have all been that. No one is immune to the pettiness of humans sometimes. Though falsely accused in life, we are all found guilty, destined for destruction if it were not for His Love and Grace.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Of course. Hugs Brother. I hope you are ok...

Occasionally I like to write through some of my own stuff, giving myself the what for to renew my thoughts towards His victory. Unfortunately though, I am aware that it can come accross as insensitive and hard hearted, like I am unaware of how some are barely hanging on. Life can be very challenging and my heart goes out to the many who are hurting in ways I can't even comprehend. I do know that we all can relate to loss and hurt and that serves to help others. I think God helps us to get our minds off of ourselves and on to Him and others. He wants us to be a blessing, which is hard if we are heavy in life's burdens. I am having a day of introspection and reflection. I apologize for being so deep today.

If you need to talk, my heart and prayers are open to you, Brother.