Sad news of the end to this horrible experience

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

emptymailbag

I am back to say, that after finding my wife had an extensive affair with a married man, and TRYING to work things out... we are going to get a divorce.

Please, I don't have the strength to go back and fill in the details, please search the forums for my posts to get the back story... I'm devastated.

The forgiveness that I immediately offered to her, was never asked for from her... until finally a few weeks ago she asked. It was out of anger during an argument, but it was all I needed for me to put full closure on this horrible thing... she only needed to repent and ask to be forgiven. But even that was quickly taken by her. She said that my forgiveness wasn't what she wanted, was useless and not important.

Before I start getting responses of how I said she was forgiven at the start, therefore I have no right to think she would ask for it afterward... please let me point you to the way our salvation is written. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, the price for our sins are paid. He says we are forgiven, yet we must repent of our sins and ask for that forgiveness. I am NOT trying to put my need for her asking to be forgiven on the same level as that of asking for forgiveness that is given by our Lord... but I do not see the two as that much different in the process either.

I have been attending Christian counseling for a while now, whereas she has all but refused to go. We both attended 2 group sessions, where she completely closed herself off to what the counselor was saying... that she had NO justification for committing adultery. Stepping outside of the bounds of our marriage, is unacceptable, IF she were so unhappy, there were MANY other avenues to take... but adultery was NOT one of them. When I found out about this affair, I immediately suggested we get to counseling. I was looking for ANY way to repair our marriage, or at the very least for some way to help build our friendship and trust so that we could grow our marriage. I gave my all and then some, finding a way to check off all of her list of things she told me that I was lacking, and every time, she would just move the goal. The ONLY constant in what she was asking of me, was for me to completely leave the affair alone and not discuss it or bring it up. I would manage to do so for a week or two, and then something would trigger my fears of her continuing her extra lifestyle.

She was constantly hiding her texts, her emails, her money, her time, and where she went. We have 3 boys, one of them being 15, and HE admitted to me the other day that he thought mom was doing something she shouldn't be doing. He told me of the countless times she would take calls at home on her cell phone from a man whose voice he has heard often. She would leave the room to go upstairs to our bedroom and close the door to stay there for hours at times, while I (dad) was away at work.

I just couldn't handle it any more. I asked for her phone a few nights ago, and in an emotional moment, she handed it to me... she immediately regretted it. I started to go through her text logs of previous texts she had sent, and she freaked out. She immediately snatched it from my hand and looked as though she was going to snap. It was the most horrible thing I have ever had to watch. She was all but in a nervous break down... hyperventilating, complaining of feeling sick, losing her color, pacing back and forth, this horrible look of frustration and fear on her face because... she knew she had been caught... again. She kept showing me screens of different things, current texts, current emails, current phone calls... saying over and over again that I should just leave it alone... she has shown me EVERYTHING. She wouldn't let me see the text logs, the screen that shows all of her previous texts. It was frightening to see her come apart as she did, and what's worse, our boys heard the entire thing.

She had told me SO many times over these past 4 months that this affair was over. SO many times has she placed the blame on me for why she did what she did. Over and over again in these past 4 months, she has made me feel that I am the cause for us STILL having problems, because I just will not let go. And then I find this... she was still with him.

She has been told by me that I have taken ALL that I can, there is nothing left in me to push for repair. I am spent both emotionally and physically. Now we are to the point of divorce. She tried to hand me separation papers yesterday, I nearly laughed out loud. She was demanding that I leave, she wants to keep our children, with me having visitation as she sees fit, I pay half the mortgage, half the medical for our 3 boys, but threw me a bone by not asking for child support. And had the nerve to sit there and tell me to sign it, it was only temporary until the divorce gets underway, where we can then negotiate more clearly. WHAT?!?

Let me get this straight... she has a sexual affair with a married man for over a year, an affair that started by my findings at least 4 years prior with sexual emails and comments, and I am the one who gets to be punished?!?

I have an appointment with a divorce attorney within a few weeks... which she is SO upset about. She wants this to be an uncontested divorce with NO reference to her adultery with the most minimal of expenses.

I can not believe that she lied SO often, so easily, and with such disdain for me and our children. Sadly, here in the state of Georgia, it is so strongly slanted against me as the father, that it is all but the most uphill of battles. The expense is going to be more than I have, and I will in all likelihood lose... but this is going to far.

The Christian side of me tells me to try and find a middle ground that is keeping things as comfortable for our boys as possible. The human side of me says that she should leave, she should not have custody, she should pay half the expenses while I am allowed to continue homeschooling our boys as I have done for years now... teaching them good Christan values and bringing them up with good Christian morals.

Sadly, I don't think a judge is going to allow that, no matter how much evidence I have to prove what she did... she's their mother and the courts most often sway in their favor. So... she has an extensive emotional affair for years leading up to a sexual affair, she has unprotected sex with a married man for at least a year or more, AND at least once during that affair does so in the presence of another female that participated one night... and again... I GET PUNISHED?!?

I am just devastated... absolutely devastated.

Our oldest came up to me yesterday and asked, "what if we don't want to go with her?" I nearly broke down in tears. I told him that I just don't know, I wish I did, but I just don't.

I know she loves them, she just didn't care about them while this was going on with her "friend"... but I am worried... deeply worried. The ease in which she lies, is it really love she has for our children, or could it be that she just doesn't want to lose anything further? I hate myself for asking that question of the woman I would have died for. The one person on this planet where I would have stood before the gates of hell with nothing but a spoon.

Now... I must try to keep my head up and the smile on my face, while she continues to try and pull our world apart by placing restraints on me with our children and demanding that I keep her in a lifestyle that she wants.

Please pray for us, not just for me and our boys, but for US... she deserves forgiveness... but at this moment... I am struggling. My knees are week and my eyes are constantly filled with tears. Please pray for us.

Have a blessed day,
-emptymailbag

John_agape

Feb 27, 2014
I am praying for you.

If she insists on divorce, let her be the one that does it. Don't sign anything until you have spoken to a good divorce lawyer.

She is obviously manipulative in her state. This man might be manipulative as well, pushing her on.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
May God be merciful to you....I too have lived with someone who was unfaithful... I remember this pain....my warning to you...
You must stop saying things like the courts wont ..my wife wont...words are powerful and with them we claim our fate...
Speak the words that will empower you...thank God for giving you custody and making your home peaceful and together
Claim your victory no matter what...no one can over power Gods will. ... not even the courts....so continue to be focused on
HIM...the victory is already yours.......I will offer my prayers to you also... may peace and joy be with you always

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
I was in the middle of writing something similar as Jogoldie, when she posted. I completely agree with her; your words express what you have faith in. The system is what it is, but God is also who he is...with far more authority. So remain faithful in him regardless of the decision you're led to pursue. If you're led to proceed with divorce remain faithful in God that righteousness will prevail.

I can't begin to imagine how you feel...the only one we both know who's been through what you're going through is our Father in heaven. Your words seem almost identical to his...

Jeremiah 3:6-8
Then the LORD said to me in the days of Josiah the king,

"Have you seen what faithless Israel did? She went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and she was a harlot there. I thought, 'After she has done all these things she will return to Me'; but she did not return, and her treacherous sister Judah saw it. And I saw that for all the adulteries of faithless Israel, I had sent her away and given her a writ of divorce..."

God was merciful and patient with his wife hoping she would return to him, but sadly she did not.

...So look to God's example and guidance in this situation, making sure you're in good standing with both He (God) and she (wife). Confess any sins you've committed against either of them, to them respectively. She has a path she must walk, so let her...while your focus must be on the righteousness, peace and harmony of your household; to raise your children into the Adults God wants them to be with a proper example to follow in whatever situation you're faced with.

I will indeed pray for your healing, strength and peace brother.

J

JDecree

That is an awful situation brother. For all of you. I pray it will all work out and that God's will be done.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Well she is reaping what she has sowed. That affair is not worth losing your family over,not to mention he is married also.
He more than likely would not be faithful to her either. May the Lord open her eyes and speak to her heart and remove the blinders, in Jesus name. Remember, God can do anything.Just trust him, let him be in control.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
I was in the same situation as you mailbag, sounds almost identical. My ex initially wanted to divorce me I asked on what grounds, she could not reply or find anything, apart from just "growing apart", which is what she thought, I was still deeply in love with her. Further she wanted the house and kids and for me to move out, which I refused to do.

So I told her the divorce would go through quicker if she admitted to adultry. God steped in with some amazingly divine intervention. Cut a long story short, came to the first hearing, my solicitor was like part of the furniture at the family courts and knew what she was talking about.

She told me it would just be a preliminary hearing, the judge will make orders for various reports and assessments, we come back, another date set, another hearing, and so on, no decision is usual made until at least the 3rd hearing.

We all enter the court, the judge sat on high, literally 20 feet above us, we all stood there waiting for him to address us and begin, but the minutes ticked away and he had his head buried in paper work, turning pages and reading numerous reports.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, he sat back and gazed up at the celling, then a minute or two later he looked at us and stated," I have come to a decision, I will award full custody of the children to the father" Said a few other things regarding kidswhich I wish to remain private.

He then addressed my solicitor who stood there shocked, literly open mouthed, she failed to reply to him and he had to ask her again, she then snapped out of it and hastly apologised and of course agreed, all parties agreed, which was also amazing. My solicitor came out of the court room just repeating over and over "that has never happened!"

I may have had a solicitor next to me, but God was my lawyer.

Other amazing things happened regarding the finalisation of my divorce, God saw to it that she signed over the house to me without any problems, when everything was done and dusted, it was like a veil lifting off my ex, she would continually phone me saying that I had cheated her out of everything, that I tricked her and all sorts.

SO Just put your trust and faith in God, hand it all over to him and let him be your lawyer, if things work out a way in which you did not want them to, then put that down to what God wants.

It is not going to be easy, it is like a bereavement, I was literally in mourning for years, I felt depressed and so lonely, felt like part of me was missing, it took me years to stop thinking about my ex.

It is going to be a long difficult journey, but you will come out of it, even if it is year away, if you keep God by your side.

John_agape

Feb 27, 2014
I have been thinking about your situation. How much of your wife's irrational behavior can be from this man's manipulation? He is after all a lying cheat.

Is your wife a puppet thinking she is doing what she wants? He is likely to change when she leaves you and he has her in his claws. Will she then wake up as if out of a trance?

Trust God in spite of what you see, pray and remember there are others out here praying for you and your situation.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I am so sorry you are suffering and have had to go through this terrible situation with your wife. She is totally in the wrong, and the excuse that maybe the man manipulated her is unacceptable. What about the next man that manipulates her, or the next one.

I loved Agricola's testimony, and I am going to pray you will also have God as your lawyer, by trusting him and finding a covering of prayer support from everyone you know, so you will not be hurt, and especially not your children. And a 15 year old is old enough in many places to decide where he wants to go, and if he decides for you, the other children will likely be put in your custody too.

Praying for all the hurt, betrayal and pain you feel. And for the upcoming divorce. Let us know how it progresses.

ladybugg

Mar 31, 2014
Hello there. Yes nobody will understand the pain till they have been there themselves. The only problem with this is that it all takes time for her realise that she has just swoped one set of problems for another and it will just be a matter of time till the other guy drops her too. One only gets one shot at true happiness and that is the first marriage where u build on it together from the foundation have kids together. A second marriage is like just replacing the roof both have different building styles not easy to get the roof to fit. If you realy want her back just be patient and wait and pray. Treat her with love and respect she will realise that the grass is greener where u water it. You and ur family are in my heart and prayer i have been there done that and know ur hurt but our God is an awesome God He knows and understands . Take care

B

brokenclay

I have been thinking about the other persons Involved in this story; are the mother and children of that irresponsible father. And as a wife that woman is standing alone through this. Much intercession is needed.I pray the stronghold Satan has on theses people will be removed and that God will have the Glory. I pray that God will bless the faithfulnesss of EmptyMailbag. I pray that God will capture the hearts of the children of both families and rescue their moms and dads from this evil that has crept into their lives. God bless you brother to win the glorious victory that overcomes the world. In Christ. Larry.