sad

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

selenah

I'm not really sure what to do. I'm really depressed. Like to the point where I stay in bed half the day and stay in my room all day. I want to go back and change my life but I can't and it hurts so bad. All I want to do is aimlessly walk around alone, that's all I want to do. I need to have some motivation to do school and organize my life. Everything seems like such a mess. I have clothes and grabage scattered all over my room, I eat really unhealthy like gatorade and pb&j, and just am a mess. Please pray that I can overcome this sadness and have motivation.

O

OFM

please see a christian pastor elder christian sister and check with a cristian counseler or family doctor,to be sdeened for depression.
i will pray for you.

W

wwjd_kilden

^ What he said

Do not isolate, even if you feel you want to. It only makes it worse. If you can't stand crowds, at least find one person to be around.
Talk to people, and to God.

praying *bearhugs*

S

selenah

^ What he said

Do not isolate, even if you feel you want to. It only makes it worse. If you can't stand crowds, at least find one person to be around.
Talk to people, and to God.

praying *bearhugs*
I want to be around people but when I'm around people I feel so uncomfortable. Like at church people say hy and try to talk to me but it's always short and awkward. I just want to escape to the bathroom or outside.

W

wwjd_kilden

I wish I could make it go away.

Maybe it would help to have only one or two people around that are close to you? (so that they are OK with you being silent and stuff)?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs selenah,
agreeing with what others have said.
Praying for all you need and more in jesus Christ is Lord.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

shirley

SELENAH IM SO SORRY I KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL LIKE IM ON MEDS BUT IT HELPS TO HAVE FRIENDS AROUND YOU I ISOLATE ALOT I WAS GOING TO CHURCH THIS SUNDAY BUT IM DEPRESSED TOO IM TURNING TO GOD ITS EASIER SAID THEN DONE ; I WILL GLADLY BE YOUR TRUE FRIEND IF YOU NEED TO TALK ; PERHAPS TALKING TO SOMEONE WHO GOES THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION IS A GOOD SUPPORT AND TALKING TO A COUNSELOR DOES TOO I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS OK ITS NOT ABOUT ME I CARE VERY MUCH ABOUT YOU SISTER IN CHRIST EMAIL ME IF YOUNEED TO CHAT IM HERE MAY GOD SPREAD HIS WARM SUNSHINE ON YOUR HEART AND TAKE AWAY YOUR PAIN

S

SHINY707

May the Holy spirit touch your heart and may Lord pour the oil of gladness in your life.

praying for you.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Sounds like you're depressed :(

Sometimes we just have to make ourselves do things. Staying in bed too long is a sure symptom of depression. When I get like this I put myself into 'robot' mode :). I just do what I know I should do...even if I don't want to.

Clean your room up first thing. Your mental state will improve if your surroundings are neat and orderly. Just do it :)...NOW :)

Then work on eating better...more fruits, vegetables, yogurt. There's lots of healthy easy foods to prepare.

Then open up God's Word and ask Him to fill you with His Spirit and get your self-will revved up so you can accomplish things.

Get on a regular sleep schedule and use an alarm if necessary.

Getting your physical needs met will go A LONG WAY in helping you to feel better and have energy and motivation. This REALLY does make a difference.

Go to church and get involved with people.

Helping other people makes us feel good and useful.

Sorry to sound so bossy :)

Praying for you that you're filled with the desire to discover life and exciting things :)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I want to be around people but when I'm around people I feel so uncomfortable. Like at church people say hy and try to talk to me but it's always short and awkward. I just want to escape to the bathroom or outside.
That awkwardness will eventually disappear. I remember mine and it was miserable. As you interact more, you will gain confidence in 'the social graces'. It just takes practice :) so try to make yourself be in a group and talk. It's hard but you'll get better at it.

Do you have a part time job? This is a great way to gain some skills and learn how to get along with other people :)

S

selenah

Well I'm going to be moving out so I won't have to worry about my room in a few days. I don't have a job as of the moment but I'm trying to find one so maybe that will help. It just makes me depressed because I don't want to do anything but I have to do all of this stuff but I just stay in bed all day.

F

faithingod

I can relate since i have suffered from anxiety for my whole life and depression, I always was sad and said "why does my life have to be so bad" well now i have this rare disorder that i have tons of allergies and allergic reactions i release too many mast cells and i can only eat a handful of foods. my life is very impacted right now, i pray all the time i will be healed.. just remember when you think you have it bad someone eles has it worse, I pray god will brighten your days and help you get better and lead you on the right path. god bless =)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Well I'm going to be moving out so I won't have to worry about my room in a few days. I don't have a job as of the moment but I'm trying to find one so maybe that will help. It just makes me depressed because I don't want to do anything but I have to do all of this stuff but I just stay in bed all day.
Praying that this move will bring the inspiration, joy and newness you need in Jesus. :)

God bless
pickles

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with the things that I need to do that I don't do anything :) .

When this happens I've found that if I make a short list of things to accomplish (like 3 things) in one day and just focus on those few things, and do them, I feel a great sense of accomplishment. Then make a short list for the next day and so on.

Just getting STARTED is a challenge. Try making a short list and work on it...don't look at the whole picture but break it down into small parts and work on those.

Do you have a friend that can help you with your room and things; especially since you're moving? It may be the idea of moving that is making you feel overwhelmed.

Making lists is a GREAT way to get yourself mentally organized. Try it, you'll see that it really does work. A list gives you a starting point :)

M

mdankoski

Selenah, the first thing to do is get your mind off of yourself. Stop looking at yourself and thinking about yourself. I'm not getting on you, but the more you think about yourself and your situation the more you will see, and then you will start to think that everyone else can see what a mess you are and judge you, and that only makes it worse.

The truth is that you are the only one who can see all that you see in yourself as a mess. So stop looking at yourself. Others just see you as Selenah. Maybe a little sad and maybe depressed, but not the mess you described. If I saw you for the first time and didn't know who you were, I would probably think to myself that you were an intelligent, pretty young lady, happy and with not a care in the world. So forget yourself. Become invisible to Selenah. Completely. You know what I'm talking about. Go out, be with friends, do what you want. But stay invisible. Watch your friends and watch the people around you. They will treat you the way they always have. No one will say ?What's wrong, Honey? You look so depressed today" because when you stop dwelling on problems, you won't be depressed anymore. You will be free to be yourself and enjoy being yourself.

When you have a chance later, pray and thank God for allowing you to be yourself and have fun. Ask Him what He is trying to show you through the feelings you previously had. Ask Him to let you see yourself as He sees you and as others see you, too.

You need a true friend. You don't need meds. That friend might be your Mom or Dad, a brother or sister, a school friend or even a licensed couselor, but BE SURE they are really your true friend.

Something had to happen to make you feel this way. Share your experience, no matter how bad you think it is, with someone who loves you and cares about you and who you love and care about also.

I would like to share some of mine with you, but it would have to be in private chat or through Email because I had some pretty bad stuff happen to me which is very hard to talk about in public. It might help to see how much others have come through.

If you need a friend you can talk to or want to hear about my experiences let me know. I will be there for you if you want, and I think some of my experiences and what I learned through them might help. Mike

M

mdankoski

Let me tell you a story. Imagine a rosebush full of flowers and a gardener. You are the rosebush, the flowers are the things in your life that mean the most, especially the ones you will probably lose when you move and the gardener is God.

One day the Gardener decided to cut some of the flowers off of the rosebush. They were very precious to Him and He wanted to press them in His book so He would always have them and could see them and remember their beauty. Problem was that the Gardener wasn't a bush, and the bush wasn't human. The Gardener didn't have the words to tell the bush why He was cutting off the flowers. He tried, but they were His words which the bush could not understand.

The poor rosebush was hurt and it hurt oh, so bad when He cut off those flowers. They were the bushes pride and joy. It loved them, and thought the Gardener loved them, too. Why oh why was He taking away the only thing worth living for in the bushes life?

But there is one thing about a rosebush that is true in real life. The bush didn't know it then, but the Gardener did. Whenever you cut off a flower, it hurts oh, so much, but when that flower is cut it makes room for another flower, and another flower always grows in that spot, but the funny thing is, THE NEW FLOWER IS ALWAYS BIGGER AND EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE FLOWER IT IS REPLACING. ALWAYS! And if the first flower had been allowed to remain, it would have withered and died, and the entire branch of that bush would no longer be able to bear flowers until the whole bush had been pruned.

Same thing with you, and your move. You don't REALLY understand it all, but endure the pain, and look for the first bud of the new flower on the rosebush, yourself, and thank the Gardener, God, who knew what He was doing and still has your old flower pressed in His book of remembrance.

C

CB55

Selena....your Father is with you. You do not need to be afraid or depressed. He will not leave you. Go out and know he is thrre by your side to comfort you.

You are not alone.

P

psychomom

You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book? Psalm 56:8

Dear child, in this psalm the writer is feeling a lit like you are now. There was an ancient custom of putting the tears shed in times of calamity and sorrow so they wouldn't be forgotten. They called them "lachrymatories" and they would cry into a piece of cloth and carefully squeeze the tears into a bag of skin, and keep them in memorial of friendship in sorrow. Not one tear you shed in "wanderings" is forgotten by your Abba, not one falls to the ground and is forgotten.
The book is a "book of remembrance", another ancient custom concerning the tears shed in grief.
The book bears witness to the griefs, and your Abba is telling you that He remembers you!

Mike is right in that we must not focus on others or even ourselves. Our focus must be Jesus Himself, else our whole perspective gets skewed and we fail to see the truth of things. I have done this countless times, and who knows (but God) how many more times I might do it. :(
But the Lord is gracious (full of grace) and compassionate, abounding in lovingkindness. He forgives, and redirects my vision to Himself. :)

I have prayed for you, little one, that you will know the Love of God for you in Christ. He sees the real, inner you. My guess is that if you want the world to see it, too, all you'll have to do is step out into it. ♥
~ellie

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Really sorry to hear you're going through this.

The worst thing you can do is lay around and not be active as this will just prolong the issue. Put on some running shoes and have a good 20 minute run. Running releases endorphins that make you feel good! Whenever I feel stressed from a long day I go for a run and feel amazing afterwards. Keeping active keeps you healthy and feeling good!

Pray to God about your problems and hand them over to Him, ask Him for help during this time.

I pray you'll get over this dent in the road and that God will give you the strength you need to go forward :)

S

shekaniah

I hope you can see the Love in this place!
God is sending you His Love through other people!
I'm agreeing in prayer with the other posts.
I will be praying for you as God leads me too.
Love in Jesus! Shekaniah