Salad Dressings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
Processed, bottled salad dressings are not good for us, besides being expensive. The manufacturing steps required to extract the oil they use from the seed and refine it so that it looks clean and edible turn the molecules of oil fat into mutant fats that include trans fat and other compounds that are worse for us than trans fat! Oils need to be pressed to be good for us. When we make our own we know the ingredients will not harm us, besides saving money.

I usually put some vinegar or lemon juice in a jar, look over my herbs and spices to see what I want to add, decide if I want some minced onion and/or garlic, then add oil as I stir. Not very precise, just goes by how I am feeling that day.

I’m rather lazy, so I buy lots of lemons at Costco, get out my juicer I got from Good Will, and freeze the juice in little jars. For the vinegar, I found some with the mother in it and add it to apple juice I make in the blender or some wine, let it set until vinegar happens.

This is all very lackadaisical. Do any of you have some ideas for good or easy salad dressings?

J

jkalyna

:p HI REDTENT I AGREE WITH YOU. I MADE A WONDERFUL OLIVE OIL WITH GARLIC AND LEMON, DRESSING, I THINK IT HAD SOME OREGANO. ONCE IT SITS A DAY OR SO, IT TASTES EVEN BETTER. TODAY MY DAUGHTER MADE ROASTED PEPPERS, WITH FRESH GARLIC AND FRESH BASIL. I PREFER FRESH ALL THE WAY WITH MOST OF THE THINGS I BUY. WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO ASSEMBLE A RECIPE HOME MADE, YOU WILL BE SURPRIZED HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SAVE. GREAT TIP ON REDTENT. POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIEPES IN THE HEAVENLY RECIPIES. BON APETIT.:)