Salvation -Born Again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

spirit1st

Salvation is a Brand New Birth !Just as profound as our first water from our mothers !But a Spiritual birth! We are giving a New Spirit which Makes us a New Creature! It only our Spirit that gets eternal life!where He dwells with in our Spirit Forever more! Where He Never leaves or forsakes !It easy we just accept what He did on the Cross and accept HIM as LORD from our Heart [Spirit]
Joh_3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Rom_7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing

B

Bloodwashed

Yep! Believe in your heart, & confess with your mouth!!!

Nov 22, 2012
What is being “Born Again”?

Many Protestants say our Infant Baptism is not enough and that it is invalid.
They say one must be “Born Again” to be truly Baptised.
If you ask them what Born Again means, they will tell you it is the Intellectual Conformance to the Gospel.
For them it is a mere mental/intellectual process that flows from Man to God.
But what is BORN AGAIN according to the Bible?
Book of John tells us how a Child of God is Born(Born Again):
“To be a child of God has nothing to do with human parents. Children of God are not born because of human choice or because a husband wants them to be born. They are born because of what God does.–John 1:13
Being Born-Again too is not a process that flows from man to GOD, but from GOD to man.
Again Romans 9 says:
Romans 9:
“Not only that, but Rebekah’s children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls —she was told,”The older will serve the younger.” 13Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
4What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
6It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.”
For us Orthodox Christians, being Born Again is not an intellectual process, but a Spiritual Process that flows from God to Man and not vice versa.

Intellectual weakness of a baby should not be a reason to Deny Christ to him/her.
For Jesus Christ Himself said: “Let the little ones come to me”(Matthew 19:14).
In John 15:16, Jesus says “You did not choose Me, but I chose you…
A very wise early father of the Church had this advise for doubting intellects:
Saint Gregory of Nazianz:
“Do you have an infant child? Allow sin no opportunity; rather, let the infant be sanctified from childhood.
From his most tender age let him be consecrated by the Spirit.
Do you fear the seal [of baptism] because of the weakness of nature? Oh, what a pusillanimous mother and of how little faith!”
(Oration on Holy Baptism 40:7 [A.D. 388]).

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
What is being “Born Again”?

Many Protestants say our Infant Baptism is not enough and that it is invalid.
They say one must be “Born Again” to be truly Baptised.
If you ask them what Born Again means, they will tell you it is the Intellectual Conformance to the Gospel.
For them it is a mere mental/intellectual process that flows from Man to God.
But what is BORN AGAIN according to the Bible?
Book of John tells us how a Child of God is Born(Born Again):
“To be a child of God has nothing to do with human parents. Children of God are not born because of human choice or because a husband wants them to be born. They are born because of what God does.–John 1:13
Being Born-Again too is not a process that flows from man to GOD, but from GOD to man.
Again Romans 9 says:
Romans 9:
“Not only that, but Rebekah’s children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls —she was told,”The older will serve the younger.” 13Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
4What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses,
“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
6It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.”
For us Orthodox Christians, being Born Again is not an intellectual process, but a Spiritual Process that flows from God to Man and not vice versa.

Intellectual weakness of a baby should not be a reason to Deny Christ to him/her.
For Jesus Christ Himself said: “Let the little ones come to me”(Matthew 19:14).
In John 15:16, Jesus says “You did not choose Me, but I chose you…
A very wise early father of the Church had this advise for doubting intellects:
Saint Gregory of Nazianz:
“Do you have an infant child? Allow sin no opportunity; rather, let the infant be sanctified from childhood.
From his most tender age let him be consecrated by the Spirit.
Do you fear the seal [of baptism] because of the weakness of nature? Oh, what a pusillanimous mother and of how little faith!”
(Oration on Holy Baptism 40:7 [A.D. 388]).
Meh....Infant baptism is meaningless. It's just bathing or taking them for a swim, likewise for an unsaved adult getting baptized. Water baptism is outward demonstration of an inward change, identifying in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

Mark 16:15-16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Belief (born again) then baptized.

Act 8:34-38
34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
The eunuch was baptized after he received Jesus as his Lord and Savior. That is the process. So since infants cannot repent and believe in the Lord Jesus to be saved, they are not eligible for baptism.

Nov 22, 2012
Sorry,but my Church do not restrict Christ for anyone,babies or old men,they all have right to enter into a body of Chtist.That wasnt practice of early Church.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
1 Colossians 1:13-15
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

John 1:12-13
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

What is the word of our testimony?
It is the Lord Jesus Christ and what He has done for us.
He has taken our heavy yoke of sin and given us His Light yoke of mercy and forgiveness.
He has taken the chains of our sorrow and shame which so easily beset us and He has broken them and He causes us to walk in His Righteousness and Truth.
He has translated us from the Kingdom of Darkness into the Kingdom of Light.
We are born again, of the Spirit.
We overcome him and all his counterfeit, imitations by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

G

GreenNnice

Salvation is a Brand New Birth !Just as profound as our first water from our mothers !But a Spiritual birth! We are giving a New Spirit which Makes us a New Creature! It only our Spirit that gets eternal life!where He dwells with in our Spirit Forever more! Where He Never leaves or forsakes !It easy we just accept what He did on the Cross and accept HIM as LORD from our Heart [Spirit]
Joh_3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Rom_7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing
A girl in church a few years older than my 10 year old self used to sing this song, I had a crush on her, admittedly. Quite a song, but, sigh, 7 years older than me, but she sang it so sweetly, it tells us all that we can be born again because our Lord God in Heaven, gave us the precious gift of Christ Jesus for His suffering, His shame, that were completely 777% undeserved but die He chose to do, obeying His Father's will, and, not His own, on 'calvary' , and, He was raised from the dead by His power , born again, reborn, into a glorified body, His committed spirit to His Father returned, that is a body that is incorruptible forevermore. We too, all because of calvary, are born again, too, just like Jesus said :)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDx6I3Hox9E[/video]