Sarcastic Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Justcuz

Banned: 13 forum posts with blatant lies about CC
Jul 6, 2012
OK, this is what i encountered on the Forum of CC: people using sarcasm to make their point! :eek:

Even if we have an argument here the discussion should be based on facts and solid opinions. As a christian fellowship we should treat eachother with respect and build eachother up, and not to try to burn someone down with cheap humour and rhetorical tricks.

I admit that i also use sarcasm from time myself, especially when it is used against me, but i try to avoid it as much as possible. It would be great if i wasn't tempted to use it here, because it just doesn't feel right.

O

OFM

I AGREE I LIKE TOO BE FUNNY SOMETIMES AND SOMETIMES BEING A LITTLE SASSY IS SPIRITUALLY CLASSY WHEN ONCE IN AWHILE THE SITUATION CALLS 4 IT>

GodisGlorious

Jun 12, 2012
I respect your experience Justcuz and understand that it would feel great not to be tempted.

I believe it was God who showed me another way of looking at things like this. Every time we get tempted by a thought and say no it strengthens our ability to say NO to that temptation. We can see the temptation as an attack or we can use the temptation to our good and use it to practice not engaging with it. Easier to practice on small things first :).

Great that you notice sarcasm and great that you know it's not for you. It sounds like how you learned in the past to respond to sarcasm was with sarcasm. So what new behaviour could you pray about with Jesus and plan as the new rule of responding to sarcasm? When I face sarcasm I now choose to respond ...... this way instead.

I think we have to look at ourselves first. Sarcasm wouldn't bother us if we knew we could handle it in a way that lines up with our God given values. When we learn to trust that we can handle it differently then we could stop trying to change everyone else and be the change and the example we want them to be instead. Maybe they only use sarcasm because they haven't yet learned a different way, cut them some slack and pray that God inspire them to a new way. And maybe seek out the ones who don't need to use sarcasm to make their point and learn from them.

I include myself because I have similar struggles. Thanks for writing what you did because my response was something I needed to hear today!

God Bless you Justcuz.

Last edited:
O

OFM

great spiritual christian teaching response from GODISGLORIOUS AMEN><

S

shirley

I AGREE WITH YOU JUSTCUZ I RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION ITS NOT MATTER OF WHOS RIGHT OR WRONG ON ISSUES WE LOVE N RESPECT OTHERS OPINONS IM GUILTY OF NOT RESPECTING OTHERS OPINIONS AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS I WANT TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE GOD SEES WHAT I DO AND I BLESS HIM FOR CORRECTING ME SOMETIMES WE GET CAUGHT UP ON WHOS RIGHT OR WRONG AND IT CAUSE HATE N BITTERNESS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO RESPECT N LOVE YOU ARE BLESSED FOR BRINGING THIS ISSUE UP IT HELPS US TO SEE WHAT WE DO TO OTHERS GBU

H

Holei

Sarcasm doesn't always have to be offensive to people. It is a style of humor and it's supposed to make us laugh. And sometimes it is easier to prove a point using the sarcastic way of speaking.

D

Daniel94

Not saying your wrong and people don't use sarcasm, but I think it may be the way we read something. It is hard to know exactly how a person wanted to say something so you kind of have to take what people say with a grain of salt. Sometimes it is obvious the person is using sarcasm and other times we just think they are using sarcasm. When you read something you can not be 100% positive on how the author originally intended it to be said. We all interpret things differently and I know from my own personal experiences I have a hard time trying to give emphasis to parts of things I am saying when having to write/type them out. Also I say what I am typing in my head as I type it and sometimes I give emphasis to words in my head that I don't emphasize when typing. Sometimes I am just not sure how to emphasize it the right way so I just type it normal.

All I am trying to say is sometimes it might be the way you are reading it and not the way the person typed it. Once again I know this isn't all the time, but some cases are like this.

F

Fractal_Curve

Sarcasm doesn't always have to be offensive to people. It is a style of humor and it's supposed to make us laugh. And sometimes it is easier to prove a point using the sarcastic way of speaking.
Sarcasm, by its very definition, is a form of mockery. Granted, this doesn't have to be directed at a person, but I think it was in the original poster's context.

O

OFM

Respectful Respect Is The Major Key Spiritual Element We All Need Too Have ALLWAYS amen.