Saved and Unsaved dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MDaniel

Ok so how do you help it when you love an unsaved person when you really wish they were saved but it seems they're not the saved type?

Jun 20, 2010
Help it? do you mean non-christians? and how to stop loving them, and what to do or not to?

J

jhspy1

Proverbs 4:23 (New International Version)

23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.

2 Corinthians 6:14: "Do not be unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and lawlessness have in common? What fellowship has light with darkness?"

P

PepeMcQuaig

i have the same problem... i love this person to death and there is no way on earth i could ever give her up. really i just wanna lead her to christ but i dont know how. i dont even know how to bring the conversation up or what to tell her or anything

M

MagdaleneO

You can be a Christian without being saved; I am.

D

demian

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
John 3:5
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jan 16, 2011
MDaniel whats wrong with trying to date her and by your example and lifestyle she see's the glory of God in your life. Then you can talk to her about Jesus. To me not being Christian is not a deal breaker, i believe you can introduce them to the lord by how you live your life. I would go for her man and see if you can get her to follow your ways what do you have to lose ????

L

lightbliss

Missionary dating is not a good idea.

If you're going to be with someone who isn't "saved" (personally, I don't advise), then you should take into consideration that they may never be.

T

Timofree

I would go for her man and see if you can get her to follow your ways what do you have to lose ????
Potentially your passion for Jesus.............it's easy to go into a relationship with a non believer with good intentions, but I can imagine it's hard enough fleeing lust and sin with a Christian, never mind non Christian.......not fair on both parties, if your going to be sold out for Christ. I know I would of made life very difficult for a Christian, if Id been dating them when I wasn't saved.

Proverbs 12 v 26 The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.

M

MagdaleneO

How do you believe you became a Christian, not judging, just interested
I was baptized as a baby, but non-Catholics tell me I'm not saved, but I know I'm a Christian.

T

The-Prodical-Son

I was baptized as a baby, but non-Catholics tell me I'm not saved, but I know I'm a Christian.
Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ m'dear? Every time you go threw hrdship you turn to his word, pray to him..? Are you prepared to die for him?
Baptism is a sign you've been saved, it isn't a way you are saved

P

peachetty

RUN RUN RUN!!! was in one of those! Was horrible :-/ shuv ur head in a pile of snow if it will help u get the person out ur head lol. Just pray, God will help u overcome it.... But also never stop trying to show the person God so that maybe sumday they will be saved (and u can date them :p) GOOD LUCK

T

The-Prodical-Son

Mdaniel.. why are you asking this onchristian chat? Because you know yourself that God isn't happy with it. Relationships should be natural and if you're quetioning it then its not natural. I had the exact same problem a few months ago... you've got to pray for her, and remember NOT A CHRISTIAN: NOT AN OPTION! :)

M

MagdaleneO

You should date whoever you want! If you love someone, no matter what their religious preference, as long as you are happy it's okay.

T

The-Prodical-Son

You should date whoever you want! If you love someone, no matter what their religious preference, as long as you are happy it's okay.
But he won't be happy cos he's having doubts now

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
You can be a Christian without being saved; I am.
Umm no, you can't. That is a direct contradiction. What is a Christian in your opinion? I see you mentioned you were Catholic. How do you believe a person gets to heaven?

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
I really think you should consider reading the Bible to form your opinions. Such as a previously quoted verse here, 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. You can really lead people astray with bad unscriptural advice.

Last edited:

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
Ok so how do you help it when you love an unsaved person when you really wish they were saved but it seems they're not the saved type?
You 1) should be their friend and nothing more 2) pray for them 3) share the gospel with them 4) tell them what God is doing in your life 5) invite them to church functions where the gospel is presented

If they're against Christianity, it's probably best to back off and just pray for them but don't pursue much of a friendship unless God starts working.

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
MDaniel whats wrong with trying to date her and by your example and lifestyle she see's the glory of God in your life. Then you can talk to her about Jesus. To me not being Christian is not a deal breaker, i believe you can introduce them to the lord by how you live your life. I would go for her man and see if you can get her to follow your ways what do you have to lose ????
Your advice is in direct opposition to the Scriptures, see 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. Missionary dating is nothing but sin and disobedience to God's plan whether one has good motives or not. There is no right way to be disobedient.