Saying, "I'm Doing This For God--Not For You."

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Is this a sin?

Sometimes when I am angry at my wife and she wants me to do something, I won't do it. Then after a while and some praying I get convicted and know deep down God wants me to do good things, so I come out of my room and agree to do whatever it is she wanted me to do and I say, "I'm doing this for God because He wants me to--not for you." Is this a sinful thing to say?

And if I do a good deed for my wife like clean the house, I usually always do it because I am prompted by God to do a good deed for Him--I rarely do something out of the goodness of my heart for my wife and I feel so bad because of that.

Last edited:
B

BarlyGurl

I think you would benefit from reading and meditating on Ephesians chapter 5.

S

song

It sounds like you are are the start of that..."taking every thought captive" place.When we go against our flesh,in order to bless God and others....WOW! But as a woman...do think of the ways you can bless your beautiful bride!...and I am sure you will receive blessings in return...:eek:

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Thanks you and I know the Scripture where you are referring to. And I should amend what I said about "rarely" doing something good for my wife out of the goodness of my heart. After reading that again it was not very accurate. I do many, but maybe half of the things I do good for her will be because I think God would want me to if I am being honest.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
It sounds like you are are the start of that..."taking every thought captive" place.When we go against our flesh,in order to bless God and others....WOW! But as a woman...do think of the ways you can bless your beautiful bride!...and I am sure you will receive blessings in return...:eek:
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here? Can you explain.

R

Relena7

Is this a sin?

Sometimes when I am angry at my wife and she wants me to do something, I won't do it. Then after a while and some praying I get convicted and know deep down God wants me to do good things, so I come out of my room and agree to do whatever it is she wanted me to do and I say, "I'm doing this for God because He wants me to--not for you." Is this a sinful thing to say?

And if I do a good deed for my wife like clean the house, I usually always do it because I am prompted by God to do a good deed for Him--I rarely do something out of the goodness of my heart for my wife and I feel so bad because of that.
Remember the golden rule. :)

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. [Matthew 7:12]