saying you're sorry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Has it ever come to your heart to apologize to someone with whom you were in a relationship for any pain you may have caused them? I did that today. It was time.

When a relationship ends, we aren't always in a place to own our part in its failure or for hurtful things we may have said or done, and the other person may not be in a place to accept it at that time either.

Scripture exhorts us to make peace with as many people and to reach out a healing hand whenever possible. It hinders our walk with God and our prayer life when we don't.

I'm glad God put it on my heart to do this. I pray it brings healing in more ways than I understand. God wants to lighten the load we carry. We need to allow Him to do that. Humbling our hearts before those we may have hurt may not feel so great in the beginning, but it feels pretty awesome when all is said and done.

Is there anything you need to prayerfully say to someone from your past? I would encourage you to do it. :)

K

keep_on_smiling

Thank you, Jullianna. This is what I needed to hear and something I feel heavily on my heart to do.

It is also just as important to forgive those in our past, even if they haven't asked for it. This something I hadn't realized was even needed until recently.

T

Timofree

I like to apologize, face to face if possible, but also over the net if that's the only way, as it has been in some cases. Due to separate lives and countrys.

I would love the opportunity to say sorry to one woman in particular, from my non Christian life, I said a horrible, unthoughtful drunken sentance to her. But I renounce worldly sorrow, and pray God will bring her in to His Kingdom, and Lord willing I'll see her in heaven or before