Scared of the future atm - lacking courage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mooky

I am becoming more and more aware of the world in which we live in.It. seems like its becoming more and more dangerous.I used to think that we could all get raptured out of here before things get really bad - and that if we did not - I would be honoured to die for the sake of Christ.But now I am not so sure if I can look death in the face and not recant the blessed gospel which has saved me.I have had my fair share of trials antribulations and I know that we are called to make plans but to live one day at a time and that in the light of eternity ,ours is a light and momenttary affliction.But, like many,I sense more trouble ahead -individually and corporately and feel that I may not be ready for it.Please pray that I will be more committed to my church -which is my only source of support and that I will be willing to endure suffering as a good soldier -even if that means suffering for doing good.
I have a tendency to be anxious and this heightens things.please pray that we all find refuge in Him.Thanks so much.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
I'm praying for you, Mooky. Things can sometimes seem so overwhelming in life. But praise God we don't have to face anything alone and that He is with us! Praying that you may endure anything that comes across your path through the strength of Jesus that's within you and that you'll even have peace through everything! :) I have faith you can do all things with Christ :)

"Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:3

M

Mooky

That is so encouraging.Thanks, GodssSon.

J

jkalyna

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Fear is not from God Jehovah, "God has not given us a spirit of fear" but of peace, order and a SOUND MIND. An open door to fear will just bring more fear, and torment you, for fear is a tormenting evil spirit from the gates of hell. Getting into the word, draws you close to the creator the Father of your newness in him accepting Jesus as your savior, you become his child, and he wants to protect you and keep your mind in peace," Jesus said, My peace I give you not as the world's peace which is fragile." The fragility of peace in this world is slowy dissipating and fear is the number 1 weapon that will be used against people, believers and non. Jesus is near, call upon him, he saves, delivers, and heals. He speaks PEACE to the troubled thoughts, and gives REST, for he said," come unto me all ye who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

D

Duckies

Fantastic support from the posts above!! You keep walking strong and seeking him!! Do not give into fear and the things that this world brings, for you are the daughter of he who has already defeated what is of this world, stand victorious each day and ask him to renew you and how you can better serve him.

I will be joining all in prayer for you friend and know that you do not walk this world alone :) God Bless!!

M

Mooky

Thanks for praying - a good nights rest can really put things into perspective.Also - wonderful reminders to keep digging into the word and trusting that the Father has his children's best interests at heart and comforting to have your words of encouragement.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs mooky, praying for you and all you ask in Jesus's name.

God bless
pickles

U

unclefester

Matthew 11:29-30

[SUP]29 [/SUP]Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.[SUP]30 [/SUP]For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

He will never abandon you nor forsake you Mooky. When we are weak, then are we strong ... because then are we relying on Him only. When we look back on our lives as we all one day will, we will see that our lives greatest moments occurred when we had no where else to turn but to Him. And we will also then understand what a great and compassionate love that He has for each of us. This includes you. He who has redeemed us is faithful and trustworthy. Let not your heart be troubled. Neither let it be afraid. God bless and keep you :)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I am becoming more and more aware of the world in which we live in.It. seems like its becoming more and more dangerous.I used to think that we could all get raptured out of here before things get really bad - and that if we did not - I would be honoured to die for the sake of Christ.But now I am not so sure if I can look death in the face and not recant the blessed gospel which has saved me.I have had my fair share of trials antribulations and I know that we are called to make plans but to live one day at a time and that in the light of eternity ,ours is a light and momenttary affliction.But, like many,I sense more trouble ahead -individually and corporately and feel that I may not be ready for it.Please pray that I will be more committed to my church -which is my only source of support and that I will be willing to endure suffering as a good soldier -even if that means suffering for doing good.
I have a tendency to be anxious and this heightens things.please pray that we all find refuge in Him.Thanks so much.
Maybe think how hard it was for Christ to say is there any other way and rnd with never the less your will Father and then the outcome was Resurrected for us all that believe, and has got a will for each one of us so maybe go to God the Father as Christ did and end with never the less your will not mine
Just food for thought, hang in there God carries on the work God started in us all, Peter had trouble between fles and Spirit even after born again came. He grew though just as us all grow in the Spirit and denounce the world

H

HelenTn

Dear Mooky, i'm same feeling with you since i know there will be a tribulation which revealed in bible, and my faith of going through it faithfully unto the death is smaller than a seed. I will pray for you as well as me too so that our faith on Christ are increased day by day with the writing of Holy Spirit through His own breath of Words.

[h=3]Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.[/h]
[h=3]1 Peter 1:7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.[/h]

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2011
Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Rom 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

G

GRA

The more aware and knowledgeable a Christian becomes about what the world is REALLY like - and, where it is all REALLY going ("...to hell in a handbasket in a hurry...") - and, especially if they know and understand WHY these things are as they are -- the greater [should be] their understanding that "there [truly] is no hope" except in Christ Jesus. This "knowledge and understanding" of the truth about the world should help them to "come to grips with the reality of the situation" and enable them to "let go of" any and all "attachments" with the world. The things of the world should become less and less important to them.

Mooky, honey --- you have been given a "gift" (of sorts) -- to help you prepare for what is ahead - start preparing now! Let it help you to "grow your faith and trust" in the Lord. He is your strength. He will not forsake you -- especially in that "final hour"...

Use it to help not only yourself, but others also. The more deeply Christians understand that there really is "only one option" - the more
vividly they should be able to believe the saying:

"This world is not my home; I'm just a passing through..."

Relatively speaking - very few Christians really understand the true nature of what is happening in the world today (not to mention, what lies ahead). Most believe that they will be "raptured out of here before things get really bad" --- the thing is - it is already really bad! Most believe that "tribulation of biblical proportions" will be much worse that what we are experiencing already --- the thing is - it is already much worse!

( And, it is going to get even worse. )

The times that we are in -- certainly serve as a 'test' for our faith - to see if we "really believe what we say we do"...

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. ~ Ephesians 6:13

I regret that I did not get this posted earlier --- I will pray for you...

:)

G

GreenNnice

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Rom 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The more aware and knowledgeable a Christian becomes about what the world is REALLY like - and, where it is all REALLY going ("...to hell in a handbasket in a hurry...") - and, especially if they know and understand WHY these things are as they are -- the greater [should be] their understanding that "there [truly] is no hope" except in Christ Jesus. This "knowledge and understanding" of the truth about the world should help them to "come to grips with the reality of the situation" and enable them to "let go of" any and all "attachments" with the world. The things of the world should become less and less important to them.

Mooky, honey --- you have been given a "gift" (of sorts) -- to help you prepare for what is ahead - start preparing now! Let it help you to "grow your faith and trust" in the Lord. He is your strength. He will not forsake you -- especially in that "final hour"...

Use it to help not only yourself, but others also. The more deeply Christians understand that there really is "only one option" - the more
vividly they should be able to believe the saying:

"This world is not my home; I'm just a passing through..."

Relatively speaking - very few Christians really understand the true nature of what is happening in the world today (not to mention, what lies ahead). Most believe that they will be "raptured out of here before things get really bad" --- the thing is - it is already really bad! Most believe that "tribulation of biblical proportions" will be much worse that what we are experiencing already --- the thing is - it is already much worse!

The times that we are in -- certainly serve as a 'test' for our faith - to see if we "really believe what we say we do"...

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. ~ Ephesians 6:13

Amen and Amen :)

L

Lightitbe

Psalms 46:10

He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

While I understand that you are scared and obviously anxious, read the verse about out loud. I don't know if you are a parent Mooky but hopefully you were raised by a caring family. The point is, when you were little and you got all stressed about something I would hope that your mother, father, or grandma took you in their arms and said, "It's going to be okay, you are safe". God will not be punishing his children who have led a good life and tried to be a peace with themselves and others. Only the bad kids will get a "time out". I believe this, I really do. God knows what He is doing and I take comfort that He is perfect.

I have a cute fridge magnet that says, "Give your troubles to God, He's up all night anyway"

I pray that you will be blessed with peace and comfort in addition to restful sleep.

Be well and be blessed

M

Mooky

Thank-you , brother GRA.I like to know the truth and not be left in the dark.You have given some wise advice which I would like to take on board.Bless you.UOTE=GRA;1087685]The more aware and knowledgeable a Christian becomes about what the world is REALLY like - and, where it is all REALLY going ("...to hell in a handbasket in a hurry...") - and, especially if theynow and understand WHY these things are as they are the

greater [should be] their understanding that "there [truly] is no hope" except in Christ Jesus. This "knowledge and understanding" of the truth about the world should help them to "come to grips with the reality of the situation" and enable them to "let go of" any and all "attachments" with the world. The things of the world should become less and less important to them.

vividly [COLOR

=#800080]they should be able to believe the saying:

[/COLOR]"This world is not my home; I'm just a passing through..."

:)[/QUOTE]

M

MrMalby

Bless you Mooky, of course we will pray :)

S

simplyme_bekah

ahh just trust the Lord. Fear is of the devil and it sounds like you and him are having a few rounds right now. (sorry He so sucks) one thing that has really been helping me is listening to joyce meyer online sermons Joyce Meyer Ministries – Home. The Lord has really been using her to teach me lots and lots. Remember our Lord see's all and knows all and has planned all. Just pray and ask Him to renew your faith in Him and He will. He always does. :D

K

kittycat7

Let your heart not be troubled, neither key it be afraid. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
—Matthew 6:25

S

Siberian_Khatru

Grumpy cat says: Prayers for you, Mooky.