Scary movies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

What non-scary movie scared you the most as a child? (Mine was Wizard of Oz. Tell me those flying monkeys were terrifying!)

What scary movie scared you the most as a child? (Mine was The Tingler, because I've felt that on my spine, so it had to be real.)

What is your version of all time scariest movie? (Mine was Alien, because you couldn't kill it without destroying the ship.)

Any movies you won't watch again because it scared you too much? (Mine is Phantasm, and I don't even remember why. I just remember I was living on my own and too scared to go to bed that night. lol)

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
The movie that freaked me out as a kid was Bambi.

.....and now l don't like the name Bambi.

I apologize to any member named Bambi.

........mine was Alien, because you couldn't kill it without destroying the ship.)
Thanks for giving away the ending. :mad:

C

cmarieh

I had two that petrified me as a little girl: Snow White and Beauty and the Beast. They both gave me nightmares. It wasn't until I was 17, I decided to give Beauty and the Beast a second chance and learned it wasn't so bad so I put in Snow White, I couldn't watch it all the way through. It sounds a bit silly that I had no problem reading the book as a kid, but the movie forget it.

Feb 1, 2015
Chiefly Phycho, I was young and it had just come out.

Another one was Thirteen Ghost using 3D glasses. Me and my little brother were sleeping on bunk beds at the time and in the movie there was a bed with a canopy and if someone push the switch the canopy would come down and smother someone. Little brother laid in the bottom bunk and he got scared so I had to sleep in the bottom bunk. :)

M

MollyConnor

Non-scary movies that scared me.
The Fantasia scene with the devil was very scary! That movie is a Disney classic but that scene really scared me as a kid. I haven't watched it since. LOL The NeverEnding Story scene with the sinking horse was shocking. :(
*Molly goes to a corner to cry*

Scary movies that scared me.
I didn't like The Ring. I was about 12 years old when that movie came out, so I wasn't very young, but still! I don't like watching it. You know how when you're in bed and it's super dark and so you think about something scary because your mind works that way, unfortunately? I think of the little girl from The Ring.

Scariest Movie of all time?
I guess mine would be anything having to do with the enemy. Things like The Omen and The Exorcist would be a NO WAY for me!

Movies I can't watch again.
These ones I mentioned above lol!

Feb 1, 2015
Non-scary movies that scared me.
The Fantasia scene with the devil was very scary! That movie is a Disney classic but that scene really scared me as a kid. I haven't watched it since. LOL The NeverEnding Story scene with the sinking horse was shocking. :(
*Molly goes to a corner to cry*

Scary movies that scared me.
I didn't like The Ring. I was about 12 years old when that movie came out, so I wasn't very young, but still! I don't like watching it. You know how when you're in bed and it's super dark and so you think about something scary because your mind works that way, unfortunately? I think of the little girl from The Ring.

Scariest Movie of all time?
I guess mine would be anything having to do with the enemy. Things like The Omen and The Exorcist would be a NO WAY for me!

Movies I can't watch again.
These ones I mentioned above lol!
Movies I don't like, The Ring, Saw (1, 2, 3), Movies with the role of Michael Myers.

A

Abing

What non-scary movie scared you the most as a child? (Mine was Wizard of Oz. Tell me those flying monkeys were terrifying!)
Chucky! I freaking hate that movie. I was too young to object from watching it.

What scary movie scared you the most as a child? (Mine was The Tingler, because I've felt that on my spine, so it had to be real.)
Chucky....

What is your version of all time scariest movie? (Mine was Alien, because you couldn't kill it without destroying the ship.)
CHUCKY!!!!

Any movies you won't watch again because it scared you too much? (Mine is Phantasm, and I don't even remember why. I just remember I was living on my own and too scared to go to bed that night. lol)
Freakin' Chucky

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I've never cared for scary movies. They never scared me, just mostly grossed me out. I was a big fan of Faces of Death tho.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
when I was about 10, my dad let me watch the original Amityville horror, from the late 70's. scared me good. more modern times, the grudge, at the movies was pretty scary.

W

wwjd_kilden

Scariest non scary movie? Hmm. Wallace and Gromit

Scariest movie of all time? The Ring. That and the Grudge were the only horror movies to scare me,
others were either yucky or fun :p

the_ring.png

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
My little brother was afraid of the cartoon Grinch.

If we were ever outside when it was approaching dark I would stop and quietly say "did you hear that?"

He would fall for it every time and say "what?"

Then I would yell "Oh No, its the Grinch". He would run screaming and crying into the house and I would get into trouble.

But it was too funny of a concept to me for him to be afraid of a cartoon.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland was scary for me when I was a kid. But it might have been meant to be scary...

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
My little brother was afraid of the cartoon Grinch.

If we were ever outside when it was approaching dark I would stop and quietly say "did you hear that?"

He would fall for it every time and say "what?"

Then I would yell "Oh No, its the Grinch". He would run screaming and crying into the house and I would get into trouble.

But it was too funny of a concept to me for him to be afraid of a cartoon.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland was scary for me when I was a kid. But it might have been meant to be scary...
Yeah, I liked that movie. There was similar movie called "The Invasion" made in 2007 with Nichol Kidman and Daniel Craig. It had the same concept of being taken over by the aliens when they fell asleep. I really liked "Edge of Tomorrow" (2014) with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, which is science fiction, action adventure. Here's the tag line:

A military officer is brought into an alien war against an extraterrestrial enemy who can reset the day and know the future. When this officer is enabled with the same power, he teams up with a Special Forces warrior to try and end the war.

J

JeniBean

Chucky! I freaking hate that movie. I was too young to object from watching it.

Chucky....

CHUCKY!!!!

Freakin' Chucky
AGREE!!!!

Totally AGREE!!!!!

I have never looked at dolls the same again and he still freaks me!!!!!!

A

Abing

AGREE!!!!

Totally AGREE!!!!!

I have never looked at dolls the same again and he still freaks me!!!!!!
For real! Ruined dolls for me, never played with them (and never will).