Science + Christianty = Perfect Match?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheBoswalox

Hey all.

From my own studies in both School and College, I have noticed a lot of little things in Science - Particularly Physics and Biology - that fit with Christianity very VERY well. And it just makes me fall more and more in awe with God's creation.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed them too? Also, if anyone doesn't think so, I would like to know why.

I would be more than happy to share some of my studies with people if they wish to see them, or impart knowledge that I have discovered.

Thanks

Dan

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I think the way spiral galaxies are made follows the same pattern found in the human hand, and a snail shell, and a sunflower, to a cat's tail is so amazing...

Many have dubbed it 'Gods finger print'....

Oct 12, 2013
Hey all.

From my own studies in both School and College, I have noticed a lot of little things in Science - Particularly Physics and Biology - that fit with Christianity very VERY well. And it just makes me fall more and more in awe with God's creation.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed them too? Also, if anyone doesn't think so, I would like to know why.

I would be more than happy to share some of my studies with people if they wish to see them, or impart knowledge that I have discovered.

Thanks
I would like to recommend a book to you.

"Finding God in physics".
You can get it at Amazon.

O

overcomer2

Okay, I would like to hear. But here is one for you too: When Jesus died on the cross and he was stabbed with the spear, water came out first. To me this showed he was dead for a time because when blood sits it separates.

B

Born2win

I suggest that you stop trying to relate the things of God to science.In case you don't understand why I'm suggesting this,I'm referring you to this christian book I read a few weeks ago: Living Like A King's Kid by Harold Hill.It has some information about the relationship between science and christianity.

T

TheBoswalox

I suggest that you stop trying to relate the things of God to science..
I don't really need to relate it. I see it quite plainly, and it amazes me. To me, it just shows me how great God is, and cements my faith.

However, thanks for the book suggestion - I'll look into it.

And Overcomer2 - I'll PM you the stuff I've got ATM. It will take me a few days to compile it all, cause it's in several documents all over the place and life is a little hectic ATM, but I'm glad someone has piqued an interest!

Oct 14, 2013
[h=3]Daniel 1[/h]King James Version (KJV)

1 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.

[SUP]2 [/SUP]And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.

[SUP]3 [/SUP]And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;

[SUP]4 [/SUP]Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

K

KJV15John11

To me, science is not the opposite of God, but in fact proves the existence of God. Over time, the discoveries of science prove an organized and consistent formation of all things, not a random and disorderly result.

Nov 30, 2012
One of the most interesting comments made by St. Thomas Aquinas was that the essence of God was existence. That God created existence through Himself, and that we would one day find that piece of existence that God made as the lynchpin of existence. Many claim that it is possible that the Higgs-Bosun may actually be that lynchpin.

T

TheBoswalox

On a related note, has anyone actually read the origin of species? I love Darwin's comment in the introduction:

"There can be no doubt that a race may be modified by occasional crosses, if aided by the careful selection of those individual mongrels, which present any desired character; but that a race could be obtained nearly intermediate between two extremely different races or species, I can hardly believe.

and the preface by Sir Francis Bacon:

"To conclude, therefore, let no man out of a weak conceit of sobriety, or an ill-applied moderation, think or maintain that a man can search too far or be too well studied in the book of God's word, or in the book of God's work; divinity or philosophy, but rather let men endeavour an endless progress of proficiency in both."

Dec 25, 2009
Are you using one of those unfalsifiable versions of Christianity?

R

reject-tech

Doesn't matter how far down or how far up we look, we always see the same predictable shapes and predictable lack of shapes.

And God even names the unaware scientists. Benoit Mandlebrot means "blessed almond bread" :p